Wang whipper
Last year

Adelaide's new signing

NBL24 PLAYER SIGNING

Adelaide 36ers will announce their next NBL24 player signing at a citizenship ceremony at Port Adelaide Enfield Council on Tuesday morning.

Topic #51112 | Report this topic

KeepHoopDreaming  
Last year

Alex Starling. Excerpt from the Herald Sun:

Florida-born Alex Starling is on the verge of becoming a naturalised Australian and is understood to be in talks with Adelaide 36ers to fill the club's last remaining local roster spot — more than a decade after he landed Down Under with AFL dreams.

Starling — who would be a 34-year-old rookie — is a lesson in persistence and self-belief, compiling a stunning list of team and individual accolades in South Australia’s second-tier competition (Premier League/NBL1 Central) as long as his 198cm frame.

Reply #917648 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

I mean, great for Starling. Not sure I get it from Adelaide's perspective.

Reply #917649 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

i think theirs already a thread for this

Reply #917651 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/51055-36ers-sign-alex-starling/

Reply #917652 | Report this post

Slowmo  
Last year

Can they get Ebi Ere back too while they are at it?

Good on Starling for making it a local. But I don't understand Adelaide's thinking behind it. Sure he has some hops, he is better than a lot of Aussie guys but he's had 2 broken hands in 2 years and he hasn't even played the last couple rounds of NBL1 because he's been injured from sixers training. What's the point?

I'd be taking on a younger, healthier player personally.

Reply #917656 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"What's the point?"

The point is if he remains healthy then he could add huge value to the club whilst being paid limited money. A smarter move than going for some young guy that will play 2 minutes every 5 games

Reply #917658 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

At least CJ can't make any excuses, I’ll be honest, nbl1 central isn’t exactly the toughest league. They’ve let a few locals go better imo. I guess it all goes back to money.

Reply #917659 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

It's not a signing that will make or break the team but I doubt Adelaide do much of anything again this season.

Reply #917663 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Would it be their last remaining roster spot though? Still room for a local big I thought?

Reply #917669 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Sixersfan you make me laugh. He is already injured...if he stays healthy smh. Next point is forget about locals because NBL1 Central is trash.

Reply #917670 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I'm sort of ok with Adelaide restricting themselves depth wise aslong as it translates to strong imports.

Last year they tried to play too many players, zero balance and too much selfishness.

Have a nice tight rotation, with a guy or two out of the rotation that can come in and work hard if there’s an injury Harris style.

Reply #917677 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Ive slept on the sixers for a bit. Who is in this line up? I know McCarron continues to eat up salary cap there.

Reply #917685 | Report this post

Slowmo  
Last year

Remains healthy?! LOL Like Sebastian said, hes injured right now. He's been injured on and off for the past 3 years. I can't see that improving at 34.

It's a pity, he has talent but why invest in another player who isn't going anywhere and whose body is clearly not recovering like it used to. Nothing against the guy, we're all human but y'all act like he's LeBron and he's the lord and saviour cos we have 34yrold Starling who went to an average college, never made it past premier league/SEABL/NBL1 as an import but now he's gonna be what adelaide needs all banged up at 34 as a local. Yeah alright mate.

I'm not all about investing in locals for the team or young south Aussies or what not but I would have much rather seen a Olbrich or Machar who aren't at their peak already and deterioting body wise and have potential to keep growing. I guess at least Melbourne and Illawarra were smart enough to head in that direction.

Reply #917687 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

If Starling is already injured and has been injured off and or for the last few years than I hope the Sixers don't go through with his signing. At 34 and past his prime it was enough of a gamble already but really seems like a potential waste of a roster spot now after we wasted a spot last season on Acuoth.

Reply #917688 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Sebastian you make me laugh as you think averaging 16 points, 8 rebounds and 5 steal per game in NBL1 is struggling and then bag NBL1 Centrals even though Mitch McCarron is getting those stats. Did Starling steal a girl you thought you had a chance with or something?

Slowmo the team needs someone that is NBL ready now not a development player like Marchar. Olbrich could be good but is still a risk. Starlings defense is up there with Cleveland, that is what the team needs now.

If Starling wasn't an import he would have been in the league a long time ago. I imagine his current injury is more precautionary rather than something serious. The risk is worth it even at his age.

Reply #917690 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

If you're picking up an 8-12 spot guy and you're choosing between a kid with potential in 3-4 years or someone who can give you something now, if you're Adelaide, you should go with the latter. You've got Nick Marshall there as an eye to the future. And outside of Cleveland, Franks (if hes there), you've really got nothing much else going on. Humphries will continue to be Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde on court. McCarron isn't particularly good at basketball and hes definitely not a point guard. Only way I see out of this mess is if they literally get Jaylen Adams.

Btw I thought they were looking at another Aussie big? I hope theyve not spent all their chips on Humphries.

Reply #917694 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I think this might be their 11th man?

They have 1 import slot (2 if Franks leaves) and 1 Aussie slot (backup C you'd assume) left.

Reply #917701 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

We need a back up C when the starting one is Humphries, or get an import C/PF to spell Humphries is we go small.

Hopefully Starling can recover in time, remember he is not expected to carry much load or take significant minutes, likely 15 MPG would be my guess.

Reply #917735 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Starling isn't injured anymore. I imagine he will play NBL1 this weekend

Reply #917737 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

Sixers looking like
Import/Cadee
McCarron/Dech
Cleveland/Marshall
Import/Starling/Galloway
Humphries/back up big

Import PG needs to be able to shoot - Sixers were last in 3pt percentage last year

Reply #917744 | Report this post

Ski 61  
Last year

That's not a bad team imo, it's way better than last year and even the year before with what they've had to deal with. Moving on a centre who refused to play defense and Sotto who showed improvement but was still very raw is good.

Not sure if Franks will be back but hopefully they can grab a nice scoring PG from the summer league when that begins.

Reply #917745 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

How good the team is, is entirely dependent on the next two imports and backup C really.

If they get a Walton/Franks level import combo for PG and PF, plus even a Pineau level backup C, I think they'd be better than last year by virtue of better balance to improve defence (scores against), improve on 3 hopefully (more space) and smaller rotation to counteract possible decrease in depth (which we had an unnecessary amount of)

Reply #917746 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Import/Cadee
McCarron/Dech

I do not think you can be a serious contender with McCarron as starting SG.

Before coming to Adelaide he was shooting at 36% from 3.

Since arriving he is shooting at 24% including 18% last season.

He is less bad as a floor general than a shooter.

Unless the Import 1 is Jaylen Adams or Cotton 2.0, let him set up the offence.

Reply #917747 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

LoveBroker agreed but looks like the Sixers want a PG

Reply #917750 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

It's a shame it takes so long for players to gain citizenship. I feel like richer people seem to dodge the system.

It was good back in the day’s when Copeland, Simmons, McDonald all got their Australian citizenships. It seems way too long now but guess with our small cities they can’t handle high population growth. City’s in Sydney, Melbourne are a mess but just doable, it will only get worse with the new speed restrictions, bike lands etc.

Reply #917752 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

36ers have a problem that they have 3 imports signed and only want 2 of them.

Watch this space

Reply #917753 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Starling official.

That makes 9 players signed, excluding DP's, so 2 spots left to fill on the roster one of which can be an import.

Cleveland*, Franks*, McCarron, Dech, Galloway, Marshall plus Humphries, Cadee, Starling.

McCarron/Cadee
Import/Dech
Cleveland/Marshall
Franks or Import/Starling/Galloway
Humphries/??

Reply #917754 | Report this post

NP  
Last year

Q Anon, nothing new re imports. Been discussed plenty that a mutual release of Franks will happen.

Zodiac there will be an import PG.

Reply #917757 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I know that's what the club is saying but it's probably just to make McCarron feel a bit better about himself. He's unplayable as a SG, even more so than as a PG.

Like most import guards that come to the NBL they're usually undersized SG's so I'm assuming the likely outcome the import will play SG and McCarron will stay at the point.

Reply #917758 | Report this post

NP  
Last year

See I disagree. I think CJ knows he needs a Walton JR/Adam's v a Barry Brown/Clark. It’s CJ’s last year of his contract so he’d be fighting to perform and he needs a PG.

Last year of Mitch’s contract. Ball is in his court to perform if he wants to get paid.
If he doesn’t Dech/Marshall are waiting to play SG.

Reply #917762 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Cmon guys, think about this league. Both are going to be playing the point and both are going to be playing off the ball.

Reply #917767 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

I think it is obvious Adelaide are looking for more of a true point guard than a combo type guard, but not sure if it's a cop out for lack of system and variety when you consider Mitch was a championship winning point guard.

But he has also played some of his best basketball as more of 2/3, and offers defence, so I think we should still be glad to have him.

I also think the signing of Cadee has been a bit underrated, as he gives them more spark and variety, and may have been what they needed behind McCarron to add balance. Not confident in saying that though, but he is as good a back up guard as you'll get in the NBL.

In comparison to the hype of last season with three big import signings, it's easy to see why people are not as enthused, but I surely think if Adelaide can nail the imports, they are looking much better, and have plugged some holes.

What is the go with DJ? If they can nail a 4/5 type import who can offer more all round play, wouldn't DJ be perfect behind Humphries now? And if not, surely he deserves better from the club if he has played his last game. I might be speaking too early though, so I will stand corrected if there is a pending announcement about his departure.

Reply #917768 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

I agree with NP. The import will start as point guard and McCarron as off guard. McCarron currently hitting the 3 at 46% (14/30) in NBL1. Time for him to perform at NBL level and with less pressure on him he should shoot better

Reply #917769 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Master Chief we should not be glad to have McCarron at the price we are paying him.

I agree with your DJ call. With Humphries and a better defensive player than Franks at the 4 then DJ would be fine as long as he is not asking for too much and doesn't mind a limited role. Obviously a better alternative is to get Mathiang, similar or better but that is very unlikely. So it will either come down to some average NBL1 centre or DJ in which case they should go with DJ

Reply #917770 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

SixersFan, I don't know what kind of money he is on, but I am guessing Adelaide paid what they had to in order to make him move here, and at the time it was applauded by most.

You're talking about someone who was the starting point guard on a championship winning team before arriving.

In any case, I don't think Mitch has been terrible anyway, and he was never going to average insane numbers just because he was paid overs to come here.

For me, this hasn't been simplistic. There are limitations to his game, but for the most part he has looked overworked and not complimented by the right players to back him up. Both he and Dech often looked clueless, and at times this reflected the lack of system and variety, as much as it did their ability.

I don't think he should escape criticism, but he is still a player most clubs would be glad to have, and Adelaide should be able to make it work.

Reply #917771 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

As I have posted, the Franks situation is going to get very interesting shortly.

Reply #917772 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Q Anon, I assume you mean they've signed Wiley, but Franks is yet to be released?

Reply #917773 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

The only reason the McCarron signing was applauded was because they didn't know how much money he was signed for. If they knew he was rumoured to be signed for Cotton like money then no one would applaud that.

IMO he has been terrible. Barely average in defense, a liability in offense (so much so that they started benching him in the 4th quarter), struggles to handle meagre full court pressure, struggles setting up an offense etc Off the court he has been great for the club but that is not really something I am interested in.

Sure teams would love him on their team at quarter of the price and playing limited minutes off the bench. I am hoping he turns it around this season and having him as off guard rather than pretending he is a point guard will help him but I still don't have high hopes for him. Perhaps because it is a contract year he will put some effort in and not shy away from responsibility.

Reply #917774 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Franks was adamant he wasn't coming back. Did he put that in writing? Seems he didn't. Has he had better deals in front of him? Not yet. Has the 3rd signed import started making plans for his arrival in Adelaide? Absolutely.

Personally I think this team needs more bigs than another guard. Humphries' injury history says the 36ers will be lucky to get 60% of games out of him. Maybe this will all work out in the end. The 36ers are due some dumb luck.

Between McCarron , Cadee , Dech and Cleveland you have enough to get the ball up the floor. CJ doesnt run any offence so its not as if a PG is needed to set things up. I get why people want a PG but I think the risk at the 4/5 is greater than the issue at PG.

Reply #917776 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

As I have posted, the Franks situation is going to get very interesting shortly.

I appreciate your updates, time to get the popcorn out.

Reply #917778 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

[You're talking about someone who was the starting point guard on a championship winning team before arriving.]

And in his first year at MU, he was the league leader in +/- (or 2nd behind Nick Kay?)

In fact, McCarron was MU's leader in minutes per game in 2020 and 2021, and 2nd behind Casper Ware in 2019.

He's a bit like Draymond Green in the NBA perhaps- not worth a max contract individually, not going to score 20 very often, but does the little things and capable of playing an indispensable role in a very successful team.

Reply #917779 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

LV what little things has he done in the Sixers over the past two years to make them successful? It has been the opposite

Reply #917781 | Report this post

Adelaide1991  
Last year

Stayed and cleaned the stadium that time after the game, Mccarron has been awful

Reply #917789 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

McCarron's good and bad has been discussed ad nauseum, but to ask what little things he does? According to RealGM stats the guy ranked 5th in the NBL in steals per game and 2nd amongst guards in o-boards.

In a league where possession is king, McCarron is statistically Adelaide's number 2 possession player, just behind Cleveland. That's even before you looking into his ability to impact opposition sets defensively.

He needs to play better for the money he is on, but to make out he doesn't do little things that help his team just shows a lack of understanding.

Reply #917790 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

but does the little things and capable of playing an indispensable role in a very successful team.

That's why Melbourne let him go and signed Delly instead despite him being far more expensive. Vickerman knew what he had.

A lot of people including JVG got sucked into thinking McCarron was some star PG when in reality United had a star-studded team that season and were always going to win the title because of Landale.

He's shown these last two seasons at the Sixers he's not up to it as a starting PG and that great United team made him look a lot better than he is, hence the great +/-. That's before even getting to the stupid $350K+ p.a. 3 year contract the Sixers signed him to and why the Sixers tried to pawn him off to another team earlier in the off-season.

Reply #917791 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

McCarron is a good player just needs the right team around him.

Reply #917792 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Yeah it's everyone else's fault McCarron has been exposed.

Reply #917793 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

[when in reality United had a star-studded team that season]

[and that great United team made him look a lot better than he is]

It wasn't "that team".

Again, he was 2nd, 1st and 1st in minutes played for United across his 3 seasons, with United posting results of: Runner up, close game 3 semi final loss (after winning game 2 by ~40) and champions.

Even go back to the 2019 grand final, McCarron was hampered by foul trouble, playing 18 and 23 minutes as United lost the two games in Perth by a combined total of 39 points.

In the two games in Melbourne, McCarron played 36 and 33 minutes. 1 Game apiece with net +5 to United.

Again, McCarron was an important part of United's success for 3 straight years. Not just "that team".

McCarron was a glue guy who held everything together. His versatility allowed to to contribute in a range of ways.

Delly has a bigger name which was probably the main reason for his higher salary.

Reply #917796 | Report this post

Adelaide1991  
Last year

He gambles alot to get some of those steals, gets blown by alot by doing it aswell

Reply #917798 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

and has a hell of a lot more possessions where his understanding of the scout blows up opposition action.

Reply #917802 | Report this post

proud  
Last year

Adelaide need someone like CJ Bruton as their point guard

Reply #917824 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

So Nagy persists with the idea of Wiley

PG: Import / Cadee
SG: McCarron / Dech / Rasmussen
SF: Cleveland / Marshall
PF: Wiley / Galloway / Starling
C: Humphries /

The outside threat takes a hit without Franks or DJ.

Will need a very strong Import PG as a decent toiling backup Aussie big to make that team competitive to a super strong United, Perth etc.

Reply #917946 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Rasmussen is a DP. He'll be in a pot with a few others. That position will have a different face often.

Reply #917951 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Last year

Pretty grim looking roster tbh
Humphries is bound to miss a big chunk of the season like he usually does. You'd hope we have a decent local backup C on the hook to fill in when he's missing.
Don't like the idea of Wiley (or Franks if it stays as him) or Galloway playing C for any significant minutes.

Reply #917972 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Yeah, going with Wiley really limits the ceiling on this team. He just doesn't bring enough rebounding, outside shooting or rim protection. That leaves a big burden on Humphries to hold down the fort all season.

They really need someone more like Brantley. Even Franks would be solid if he lost a few kgs and is played as the stretch 4 he is, rather than an undersized centre.

If they kept Franks, they’d really need someone like Pineau to give Humphries enough cover.

I am hopeful Galloway can be a bigger contributor this season though. He’s shown a knack for blocking shots and shoots the three pretty well.

Reply #918070 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Yeap agree on all points beantown.

I wonder what their thoughts are at the moment on the backup C

Reply #918074 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

With Humphries there Franks would be a better fit than Wiley. If DJ was Centre then a defensive 4 would be a better fit.

Reply #918079 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

I am still hoping they will get Mathiang as the backup

Reply #918086 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Come on Mathiang isn't signing with an NBL team to be a back up. He's probably even priced himself out of the NBL anyway with some of the big games he had in Israel.

Reply #918092 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Yeah I get the feeling they looked into Humphries and then baulked, looked into Mathiang and baulked more, returned to Humphries in reluctance.

That's not a knock on either player- I love what Isaac can do if he stays healthy he could be the bigger bodied Boomer we need in the future.

But yeah, backup C I get the feeling they don’t have all that much planned, maybe scoping out college, next star options?

Reply #918095 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

adelaide could sign dane

Reply #918096 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

They probably should

Maybe they'll go blast from the past with Hodgson

Reply #918099 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"Come on Mathiang isn't signing with an NBL team to be a back up."

Are we talking about the same Mathiang? He was back up at the Hawks that finished 3-25..... Did he even start any games for that rubble of a team? He hardly set the world on fire in the NBL.

Reply #918115 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Hodgson still facing a 2 game ban whenever he signs haha

Reply #918119 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Are we talking about the same Mathiang?

Yes, the one that just lead the Israeli league in rebounds and blocks.

The one that prior to playing with the Hawks hadn't played in two years due to serious leg injuries and spent a large chunk of the season getting his legs back under him and getting off the rust.

Reply #918121 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Pineau would be still be my #1 realistic choice. Rob Loe could be handy if we could get him to leave NZ, but he'd probably want too much to move to Adelaide at this late stage of his career. Otherwise maybe bring Majok Deng back? At least he can shoot and has good length. Still putting up good numbers in NBL1 North as well and only just turned 30. I could be wrong, but didn't he grow up in Adelaide? Maybe he'd be happy to finish out his career here?

Reply #918126 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I remember when Rob Loe left the Breakers and signed I think a 2 year deal with Cairns and then due to issues with his marriage he asked the Taipans to release him after only one year there so he and his family could return to NZ. Not sure if anything has changed but perhaps not willing to leave NZ again.

Majok Deng is from Adelaide and I've always wanted to him come back he would be a good replacement for DJ now. A bit surprised Kelly hasn't signed him at SEM he played well under him at Cairns but you could tell Forde didn't think much of him.

Reply #918127 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Kelly got Vague he won't want Deng

Reply #918128 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Rob Loe is a poor mans DJ. No thank you

Reply #918129 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Deng plays less D than DJ so not sure what the point of bringing him in as a replacement would be.

Reply #918135 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Pick and roll gave Deng DPOY of nbl1 North in a recent article.

Reply #918136 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

NBL1 and NBL are totally different beasts

Reply #918138 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

SixersFan, we're talking backups here! There's not a lot of good options out there! Its unlikely Loe would come here, but he's a brick who would be handy to have if we come up against bigger centres that are too strong for Galloway/ Wiley/ Franks. Has been shooting the 3 pretty well too late in his career, which could pull a big shot-blocker out of the paint.

Sebastian, once again, he'd be a backup! Yes he's a string-bean, which limits his defensive ability, but unlike DJ, he actually blocks shots. He's also only 30, so he's not as slow as 35 year old DJ is now. Add to that the ability to make the three, means he can draw opposing centres away from the basket and open it up for Cleveland, etc to get to the basket.

Pineau is probably the best option IMO, because he could pinch hit as a starter if Humphries misses a few games. He also sets good screens, which this team has been crying out for probably since Petrie retired!

Reply #918152 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'm amazed Pineau is still available, he has a lot of good qualities that teams need.

Reply #918154 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I'm not he's abysmal offensively but in saying that I could handle him as the Sixers back-up centre.

Reply #918155 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

CJ said he's targeting a PG and a PF.

Surely the need a PG and an Aussie C unless he means imports for PG and PF?

Reply #918188 | Report this post

NP  
Last year

Import star PG and Wiley at the PF

Reply #918190 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Would agree that Franks looks better next to Humphries than Wiley, but I think you'd still take Wiley over a disinterested Franks.

Wiley is no doubt a quality player, so it's not a bad signing at all. He has maintained a career in some of the best leagues in Europe up until now, and is only 28, but seem to remember that he was the kind of player that still contributed to a fairly feeble defensive team.

I would like to have seen them go for a no thrills type import 4/5 who either starts or comes off the bench. Maybe Starling could even start in a PJ Tucker type roll? Galloway needs more opportunity too, and could be a lethal shooter.

Lots resting on Humphries, but surely Adelaide have only upgraded from last season, especially if they get a high high level guard.

Reply #918199 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Pretty much agree with all that Master Chief - especially if by no thrills you mean a more defensive import with the flexibility to cover either the 4 or 5.

Wiley is a decent player, to me he is just the wrong import, because he's not a good rebounder, shot-blocker, or ranged shooter.

I think Galloway should get a bigger role this season, because he would stretch the floor while Humphries occupies the paint and could give us some pretty decent weak-side defence and shot-blocking.

Which is also why I'd like a bigger defender/ screener/ rebounder like Pineau as the fourth big, because he can cover bigger guys that Galloway and Wiley can't.

Ultimately, if the Sixers ended up with Humphries, Galloway, Pineau, Wiley as their four bigs, I would be pretty happy with that.

Starling looked back to his old self last night, so he must be over his injury. Not sure he'd be able to play much 4 in the NBL though. I think his frame is a little too slight. Think he could be a great energizer bunny if CJ wants to run some pressure D at times though!

Reply #918200 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Beantown, yep, just a bit of everything type, but definitely someone who can defend and rebound, offer toughness, and cover both spots. Probably find that guy cheaper than Wiley too, and go all in on the PG, but anyway.

Ok, I probably shouldn't say much about Starling without knowing enough. I admit I don't, but going off what others have said about defence and rebounding. There has to be a reason CJ has used a spot on him.

Also forgetting Marshall, and his hopeful important.

Reply #918201 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

*improvement (Not important)

Reply #918202 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last year

The way the team is structured the import PG has to be able to shoot the Sixers were the worst shooting team in the league last year.

Reply #918216 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

And Drmic, DJ are the better shooters from last years' team...

Reply #918217 | Report this post

NP  
Last year

I think Cadee, McCaron not having to worry about trying to set up the offence and actually shoot the ball should see him improve, Dech won't be our back up PG and when feet are set needs to be respected. Plus new PG should see shooting improve.

Reply #918222 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Hoping sunday has a bounceback game

Reply #918226 | Report this post

Magpie Murray  
Last year

Jacob Wiley announced as returning to the 36ers.

Indicates that Franks is gone.

Reply #919512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:26 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754