Mystro
Last year

Dane Pineau to the Breakers?

Olgun Uluc is reporting that SE Melbournes Dane Pineau is heading across the ditch to the Breakers!
Awesome pickup if true.

Olgun is also reporting that Tom Vodanovich has requested a release from his contract with the Breakers.
NZ want him to return but will have first right of refusal when his season ends overseas.

Topic #51155 | Report this topic

KET  
Last year

Tick tock 36ers, running out of backup C options

Reply #918628 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I always expected the Sixers to just re-sign DJ anyway. They're just making him sweat and getting his price down. They're not serious about winning.

Reply #918630 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good signing if true, Pineau is no star but very valuable team member.

I wonder if Vadonavic is Japan bound, or maybe wants to link up with Forde at Cairns.

Reply #918638 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Last year

Tommy V is off to the Philippines for next season I believe - could return the season after next.

I suspect they want to give Dan Fotu more playing time and he was going to get Vodanovich's minutes anyway.

Pineau is a better roster fit, though I have concerns with a Pineau/Fotu reserve frontcourt. Needs more spacing. I do wonder if another signing is coming in the front court - someone like Matt Freemqn?

Reply #918646 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Would have liked Pineau at the Sixers.

He is a no frills hard worker who will get you boards and hustle.

Reply #918648 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Now confirmed, 2x year deal

Reply #918834 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Smart signing, as I said previously, no star but very good team player that does the little things required to win.

Reply #918835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754