Sebastian
Last year

Dejan Vesiljevic not returning to Sydney

https://nbl.com.au/news/two-time-championship-king-departs

He has exercised his European and NBA out clause

Topic #51195 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last year

Terrible off-season for the Kings with all the departures but Melbourne went through something similar last off-season just means likely a down season coming up. The Kings had a good run though there for a few years.

Reply #919245 | Report this post

Sydney King  
Last year

I am pretty happy with our squad acquisition and retention so far . Lots of great young talent and with summer league to come to recruit an import PG and possibly a SG to replace DJ.
I have every confidence in the front office and coaching staff to put a highly competitive team on the court .
We'll be there for finals .

Reply #919251 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I don't know how he managed to get a G League invite as he’s not that sort of player, but he would suit the Euro game and should try to spend some time over there.

Reply #919252 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Poor season just gone by, Serbian passport will help. Could end up at one of the ABA teams, might elect to stay in US if given the opportunity, Mojave got a gig, he's at least better than him.

Reply #919255 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"Mojave got a gig, he's at least better than him."

Mojave has NBA athleticism and length.
DJ has no NBA traits, he is an undersized SG. That is the difference

Reply #919258 | Report this post

DriveNDish  
Last year

So where is DJ going to play? Euroleague for BIG dollars?

Reply #919262 | Report this post

The Big Duke  
Last year

Bloke is dreaming if he thinks he is good enough for the NBA!! In saying that I think he would be very handy in Europe even without his Serbian passport.

During last years season when he went against above average athleticism he really struggled to have an impact offensively and guard his position. Best example was NZ and Cairns during the year and the stats do not lie. That's where I have question marks with his game translating to the NBA, as those players would be average in terms of length and athleticism at the next level.

BOL to him though works hard on his game and has continued to improve since his days at college at Miami. Looking forward to watching his progress in the European leagues.

Reply #919263 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

He's a bit like Ben Madgen who found success in Europe

Kinds facing similar Aussie exodus to United last year, very tough to cover the loss of quality Aussies, they're in short supply

Reply #919266 | Report this post

Baller  
Last year

Happy with your squad acquisition?? You have lost your two best local players while your main competitors have gotten better in Perth united and Tasmania and breaker's I think you will still make playoffs but have definitely come back to the pack quite a bit the title race will be wide open

Reply #919269 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Euro dollars are calling. With a local passport he'll make more there than the NBL. Smart move.

Reply #919278 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Poor season just gone by"

DJ had a poor shooting season, but a number of other aspects of his game went to a new level and he was certainly an important part of a title team.

Reply #919301 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Last year

"Mojave got a gig, he's at least better than him.“

Mojave is 21, NBA size/athleticism (6'5)
Has potential to be a quality NBA player, no where yet has reached his prime days. Played more fluidly in a NBA setting/rules/spacing than Fiba

DJ is 26, undersized 2 guard. Who shoots the ball well but can’t run really run the PG position or guard his position. Two different situations here.

Reply #919309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754