Q Anon
Last year

36ers chasing Jarell Brantley

Looking to replace Cleveland with Brantley

Topic #51253 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last year

Would be a good get if it works out perhaps not as consistent as Cleveland but a higher ceiling. Similar stats too though Brantley's came on a GF team playing 36 games and AC's 28 games were on a #8 team.

Brantley - 16.2p @ 46.4% (38.6% 3p), 81.4 FT%, 6.0r, 1.7a, 1.5s, 2.7to

Cleveland - 15.8p @ 48.7% (36.1% 3p), 67.3 FT%, 5.3r, 2.8a, 1.9s, 1.9to

Reply #920711 | Report this post

Rhino  
Last year

Would be happy with this. Solid player, seemed like a good team guy at Breakers.

Reply #920712 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Gives them genuine 3/4 cover too. Hope they make it happen.

Reply #920715 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

I would say Brantley is a lot more consistent than Cleveland scoring wise. The issue with Brantley is he fouls out a bit but he looks like he is giving 100% every game and the physicality is something this team needs. He is pretty much Franks but with a heart

Reply #920718 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

I like Cleveland and Brantley both, but Brantley is more along the lines of what this Sixers squad needs to be competitive this season.

Reply #920719 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

I'd still prefer Cleveland, but Brantley would at least be a good import. Odd to have him and Wiley on the same team though. Both are 4s and will struggle to guard agile threes on the perimeter consistently. It will create a big opportunity for Marshall though. He'd be the logical starting 3 now I think.

Reply #920721 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Agreed AngusH.

Reply #920723 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

It's not apples for apples, Cleveland is a two, three, Brantley while being excellent is a four. Very good signing but not certain the right fit with Wiley also there.

Reply #920724 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

where's this from source wise

Reply #920731 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

My best friend's sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw CJ Bruton at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty accurate.

Reply #920734 | Report this post

NP  
Last year

Q Anon has been on the money I few times now.
Any word on the guard/closer/elite scorer/ Jaylen Adams-Bryce Cotton type we're supposed to be getting?

Reply #920735 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Anyone know why Brantley didn't return to the Breakers? Couldn’t afford him? Or just wanted to go a different direction?

Reply #920739 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Maor said in an interview about a month or so ago that all three Breakers imports from last season won't be back because they can't afford them now.

Reply #920740 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I might be off base here but isn't it 48 flavours?

I’d be content with Brantley I think

Reply #920741 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Interesting if NZ decided Brantley was too expensive, but the Sixers land him! Could be a pricey addition, so I hope it doesn't compromise the quality of guard they can afford.

Reply #920743 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Last year

his asking price could have changed as the season got closer,
and his other options did not pan out.

I like the idea of Brantley, it gives us the flexibility to try Wiley at small forward.

Reply #920747 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Brantley played in the NBA after the end of the NBL season, I'm sure his price would be higher now.

Reply #920749 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

This would be a good fit with Humphries as a 5, Wiley a 4/5 and Brantley a 3/4. Gives the elite ball-screen defender Adelaide need too.

Reply #920752 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

NZ have a budget they're working to and back Mody Maor's development of players.

Maor signs diamonds in the rough at a bargain price and turns them into better players and the NBL gives them exposure to up their asking price the following season if they perform.

This is exactly what happened with Pardon and Barry Brown Jnr.
Brantley was already a guy who had made the league and wanted back so he wouldn't have been cheap but he'll def be asking for a lot more now he's a proven commodity in this league.

Reply #920762 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

36ers need to stop recycling other teams imports. It costs too much and isn't bringing long term success. New GM, new coach and total roster overhaul required.

Reply #920768 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

@EssenX "36ers need to stop recycling other teams imports"

So you think don't go for proven quality players? Instead go for some random player and hope they are better?

@Mystro sounds like NZ payed overs for McDowell-White

Reply #920771 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Not according to Maor's comments re: "he left a lot of money on the table to stay in NZ".

Reply #920772 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Moar is an excellent coach but I'm certainly not taking everything he says completely accurate. They all spin it a bit or a lot.

Reply #920773 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Mystro sure but doesn't mean the team isn't hamstrung with his new contract

Reply #920774 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

I'm not sure NZ feel very hamstrung having the best local PG in the league on the books.
It certainly hasn't stopped Maor from putting together a decent looking roster if the rumor mill is to be believed on the final two import spots.

Reply #920779 | Report this post

Observer  
Last year

So Q.anon

So is Brantley still on Sixers radar?

Reply #920911 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Last year

NBL Marketplace today reported that the 36ers are asking around for a Wing 3 and D Next Star.

Reply #920912 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Reply #920917 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last year

Q Anon

Nice Bueller reference. You could say it's pretty serious.

Reply #921033 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

i am thinking trey kell will be the Asian player

Reply #921035 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Kell won't be an Asian Player if he wasn't last season he won't this season Saint. China, Philippines, Taiwan, India, South Korea, Singapore and Japan. Also an American who becomes an asian citizenship doesn't count

https://nbl.com.au/news/explaining-the-nbl-salary-cap-system

Reply #921037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754