Mnm33
Last year

VJBL Clubs around Manningham

Hi,
my son currently plays ball in met1, we are moving houses to Doncaster for my work, I was just wondering what clubs what be good for my son to transfer to. Maybe Doncaster's VJBL club? Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Topic #51256 | Report this topic

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

Blackburn is another option

Reply #920815 | Report this post

LC  
Last year

Doncaster is a very small, lowly club. At best has 1 team in each boy's age group, and only 1 girls team (in u18s). I'd steer clear.

Surrounding Doncaster you have many larger clubs within a short drive away:

- Bulleen - the closest
- Eltham
- Camberwell
- Nunawading

Then smaller sized clubs:
- Waverley
- Blackburn
- Ringwood
- Warrandyte
- Hawthorn
- Doncaster (being the smallest of the lot)

Reply #920818 | Report this post

+  
Last year

take on board what is being said here and attend these clubs and see what they offer and the best fit for your child.

Reply #920820 | Report this post

Mnm33  
Last year

Thanks for the replies!
I did some talking with my son and wife and after using a bit of google maps here and there we have decided to try out for, Eltham and Bulleen, however we are keeping Doncaster as a maybe, as my son isn't the most confident with try outs.

Reply #920822 | Report this post

Euroleague  
Last year

Given that your son's now playing at Met1 level, Doncaster would be a massive downgrade, given that its teams feature at the lowest divisions.

Bulleen and Eltham, along with Camberwell, would be good choices.

But regardless, best of luck to the kid and I hope, more than anything, he enjoys playing wherever he ends up going!

Reply #920840 | Report this post

CoachDan  
Last year

I echo the comments above, and whilst certain programs/coaches might be a better fit for your child, if it's purely for development then head to tryouts at the bigger programs - Nuna & Eltham first, then Bulleen & Camberwell.

Good luck! There are plenty of good clubs not too far away.

Reply #920845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 am, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754