Scout
Last year

Ian Clark to United

https://twitter.com/OlgunUluc/status/1687030989229629440

Topic #51277 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last year

Clark was a bit disappointing at the 36ers. Wasn't the great 3pt shooter a lot of people thought he was going to be. More a complimentary player than anything.

Reply #921316 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Have to agree with some others - front runners with rosters : Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and NZ

Reply #921317 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Not convinced on Perth yet, the other three, kings, United, breakers for sure.

Clarke will be a good addition as a piece in a good side, didn't have that at Sixers.

Reply #921318 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last year

I would add Jack Jumpers to that list

Reply #921319 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Yeah Kings, Breakers & JJ's the teams to beat at the moment.

Reply #921320 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

I will add to what Zodiac said by saying he was a poor defender also

Reply #921322 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Odd signing- why do we need a lesser version of Chris Goulding, especially when we've got Delly, Ili and Cameron in the backcourt, and we could use a small forward?

The only scenario where this signing makes sense, is if Ili's still in serious trouble with his concussion issues. I really hope that's not the case.

Or, if United are planning a 2nd import (which seems unlikely given there's only 4 restricted players allowed- and a 2nd import would mean 2 of Delly, CG, Travers and JLA would *not* be marquees).

Reply #921325 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Ili is off with the tall blacks. So he's fine- great news.

Cameron looked ready to contribute to me. Seems like he'll be warming the bench now.

On MarketPlace Santamaria predicted that Delly, Ili and CG would be all starting, and they'd go for an import off the bench. This signing actually makes sense of that call.

I'm not a fan of the move though. A wing man like Scotty Hopson would've made more sense.

Reply #921326 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Vickerman wanted a marksman who could spread the floor. I agree a slightly taller marksman would have been a better fit, but 3-guard line-ups can certainly work in the NBL, especially given the defensive versatility of Ili and Delly.

Reply #921327 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

That is true.

And come to think of it, they actually did similar last season with XRM/Ili, CG and Tucker.

I think I'm already slowly coming around to the idea. The impression I get of Cameron is he's strong bodied and tough too, more in the Ili/Delly mould than a finesse guy, and Krebs is more the of a 3. So they might find a nice balance with this small ball mix and Newley pinch hitting at the 4.

United will be right in the mix. Structurally Travers seems the key guy who holds everything together. He'll be indispensable. Based on Summer League he's up to it.

Reply #921328 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

I like Ili off the bench, I kinda like the idea of starting Krebs, with Clark also coming off the bench...

Delly/Ili
Goulding
Krebs/Clark
Travers/Newley
Hukporti/Loe

Rotation eating up most the minutes, lots of interchangeability, mostly small ball, kinda similar to Sydney's rotation last year…

Reply #921329 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Yeah agree with that, but don't forget Bowen who I think will play a bit of a Barlow role - his jumper even looks like Dave!

Lual-Acuil / Hukporti (Loe)
Travers / Bowen
Krebs / Newley
Goulding / Clark
Dellavedova / Ili / Cameron

Reply #921335 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Where's the best place to find up-to-date depth charts for all teams?

Or has someone posted anywhere here recently?

Reply #921342 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

mouse i think they are admant they'll start Ili and Delly

Reply #921343 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Spatial Jam has it, but they dont have Bolden listed for Sydney?

Reply #921344 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

LV check what i recently commented on in another thread

Reply #921348 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Cheers

Reply #921355 | Report this post

Spinner  
Last year

He must have been a whole lot better at some point, but didn't show too much of it last season at the Sixers?

Reply #921375 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754