Billo
Last year

Best way to watch World Cup games?

It looks like the World Cup is only available here via ESPN, is there a quick and easy way to sign up for a couple of weeks that doesn't involve signing up to Foxtel or Fetch? Compared to the Matildas, they’re making it bloody hard for the nation to get behind the team.

Topic #51320 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Last year

Used a Kayo free trial before?

Reply #922535 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

News Corp have been advertising that Boomers, Team USA and finals games will be available on Kayo Freebies, which is free but you need to make an account.

https://kayosports.com.au/freebies

There's also Kayo proper for $25 a month (for one screen), that'll get you access to about 4 games a day.

Reply #922537 | Report this post

Billo  
Last year

Brilliant, thanks guys.

Reply #922546 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

If you're interested in full coverage then the Fetch TV channel pack with ESPN in it at $6/month is the cheapest option.

(You gain access to the ESPN and ESPN2 linear channels plus WatchESPN streaming service with all of their other channels plus overflow coverage.)

Reply #922559 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Anyone know if the two further warm up games will be streamed anywhere?

Reply #922563 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

If you are of the dodgy persuasion there are IPTV options for ~$10/month with thousands of live channels (and bulk on demand stuff), no contracts and only a device running vlc media player (free) or similar is required. Have a google

Reply #922564 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last year

LV, tomorrow's game against France is on 9Gem or 9Go at 2pm AEST.

Reply #922565 | Report this post

rjd  
Last year

Will there be Australian commentators? Would definitely prefer to hear Gaze call these games

Reply #922568 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Foxtel is showing the game on 9HD at 2

Reply #922570 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Last year

Yeah, now that Landale isn't playing, I'd prefer hearing Gaze commentate too, but good to know the France game is on at least, thanks...

Reply #922571 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Cheers, good to know

Reply #922573 | Report this post

Splinky  
Last year

I've done the ESPN on Fetch before; but I can’t remember what the streaming quality is like. Anybody able to tell me if ESPN is sufficiently hi-def enough these days to make basketball an enjoyable watch?

Reply #922755 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

It's the same full HD picture quality as via satellite.

Reply #922763 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

ESPN doesn't broadcast in full HD anywhere, only in HD.

The bitrate is also lower on streaming, but not hugely so. The biggest thing that bothers me with streaming is I no longer have the ability to record games, either to throw on disc and keep or to cut clips.

Reply #922783 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Can't you do a screen record?

Reply #922784 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Does anyone know if the warm up game against Georgia on Tuesday will be broadcast?

Reply #922788 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Just saw that all Boomers games, all USA games, plus the finals rounds, will all be on Kayo Freebies.

Reply #922807 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

USA vs NZ is but the next game USA vs Greece isn't.

Reply #922808 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I've just noticed that ESPN is showing Australian games from the (men’s) 2019 World Cup. Tonight at 6:30 is Australia v Spain.

Reply #922816 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

"USA vs NZ is but the next game USA vs Greece isn't."

Interesting, last I checked the NZ game wasn't free either, even after I saw the ads for all USA games being free, wonder if they're updating game by game.

Reply #922823 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

When you go to the Freebies section and keep scrolling right it says the USA vs NZ is free but the USA vs Greece game is locked.

However I remembered coming across a page once that updates each week saying what is on Kayo for the next week with Freebies content clearly marked and according to that page USA vs Greece is a Freebies game.

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/whats-on-kayo

So the Kayo Freebies games over the next week are:

Finland vs Australia - Friday August 25 5:30pm EST
USA vs New Zealand - Saturday August 26 10:25pm EST
Australia vs Germany - Sunday August 27 6pm EST
Greece vs USA - Monday August 28 10:25pm EST

Reply #922826 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

ESPN doesn't broadcast in full HD anywhere, only in HD.

It's 720p HD over both satellite or streaming.

The bitrate is also lower on streaming, but not hugely so. The biggest thing that bothers me with streaming is I no longer have the ability to record games, either to throw on disc and keep or to cut clips.

You can record via streaming with the Fetch TV set top box, it's why I have one.

Reply #922833 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

This works too and is another option, although it can be cumbersome.

Reply #922834 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Yes, and while that isn't full HD it's the 'fullest' (for lack of a better word) ESPN broadcast in worldwide, outside of 4K, so I'll nip this in the bud before it wastes even more time since the OP wanted to know the difference between the two more than anything else.

Reply #922835 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I've just noticed that ESPN is showing Australian games from the (men's) 2019 World Cup. Tonight at 6:30 is Australia v Spain.

Time for me to record a sample of the pain for thread purposes.

Reply #922836 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Italy-New Zealand is currently airing live and free on YouTube, although in 480p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me-SubNugsc

Reply #922837 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Yeah if anyone could tell us how to screen record these, that would be great - although I am sure FIBA will eventually upload them all on Youtube as they have done with previous world cup games. I found all the Boomers 2019 campaign on there.

Reply #922838 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I told you how to download the Olympic Games files.

Reply #922839 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #922840 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The end of the clip is intentional since the ESPN score ticker reappears showing results proving it is from tonight's replay.

Another game is being replayed tomorrow so I'll record it via a better method.

Believe it or not the video above was entirely recorded via command line.

Anything is possible.

Reply #922841 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Entirely recorded and edited via one command line entry* :P

Reply #922842 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

That's only HD. "Full HD" means specifically 1920x1080. Yes, the people naming the standard are idiots and yes, scummy companies sold TVs that maxed out at 1280x720 as "HD" banking on consumers not realising the difference. And somehow the rollout of the 4K standard was even worse...

Reply #922843 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I know that and it's why I corrected myself in Reply #922835 to avoid a spiel from you yet it still came anyway.

Reply #922844 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Anyone know if the Boomers game against Georgia tomorrow is being broadcast?

Reply #922846 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

I know that and it's why I corrected myself in Reply #922835 to avoid a spiel from you yet it still came anyway.
It's kind of adorable that you thought anything you could do would stop me. You ought to know me better than that by now.

Whether you know or not, many people don't. Thus the huge "this doesn't look HD" stink after the move from Fox Sports to ESPN a couple of years ago.

Reply #922847 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

2019 FIBA World Cup replays (all times EST):

Mon 22/08
6:30 PM Australia vs. Spain ESPN

Tues 23/08
4:30 PM Australia vs. Lithuania ESPN
6:30 PM Australia vs. Lithuania ESPN

Wed 24/08
7:00 PM Australia vs. France ESPN

Thurs 25/08
2:00 PM Australia vs. Lithuania ESPN2
5:30 PM Australia vs. France ESPN
7:30 PM Australia vs. Czech Republic ESPN

Fri 26/08
3:00 PM Spain vs. Australia ESPN

Reply #922851 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

2023 FIBA World Cup (all times EST):

Fri 25/08
5:45 PM Italy vs. Angola (Group Phase) WatchESPN
6:00 PM Australia vs. Finland ESPN & WatchESPN
6:30 PM Montenegro vs. Mexico (Group Phase) WatchESPN
7:00 PM Lebanon vs. Latvia (Group Phase) ESPN2 & WatchESPN
9:45 PM Philippines vs. Dominican Republic (Group Phase) WatchESPN
9:55 PM Japan vs. Germany (Group Phase) ESPN & WatchESPN
10:15 PM Lithuania vs. Egypt (Group Phase) WatchESPN
11:15 PM France vs. Canada (Group Phase) ESPN2 & WatchESPN

Reply #922852 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

I spotted a 2014 AUS-LTU game on Kayo while browsing around last night.

Reply #922853 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Sat 26/08
5:45 PM Puerto Rico vs. South Sudan ESPN & WatchESPN
5:45 PM Georgia vs. Cape Verde WatchESPN
6:30 PM Greece vs. Jordan WatchESPN
7:30 PM Brazil vs. Iran WatchESPN
9:15 PM Venezuela vs. Slovenia WatchESPN
9:45 PM China vs. Serbia WatchESPN
10:25 PM New Zealand vs. USA ESPN & WatchESPN
11:15 PM Cote D'Ivoire vs. Spain WatchESPN

Sun 27/08
5:45 PM Dominican Republic vs. Italy WatchESPN
6:30 PM Egypt vs. Montenegro WatchESPN
6:30 PM Germany vs. Australia ESPN & WatchESPN
7:30 PM Canada vs. Lebanon ESPN2 & WatchESPN
9:45 PM Angola vs. Philippines WatchESPN
9:55 PM Finland vs. Japan ESPN & WatchESPN
10:15 PM Mexico vs. Lithuania WatchESPN
11:15 PM Latvia vs. France ESPN2 & WatchESPN

Reply #922854 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Those are the listings from ESPN for the weekend coming up which are an indicator of how many games of the tournament will be available on the two linear channels as opposed to the rest which are exclusive to the overflow streaming service.

I'm looking forward to watching possibly four live games simultaneously on WatchESPN's megawall.

Reply #922855 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I may as well complete the rest of the group stage:

Mon 28/08
5:45 PM Cape Verde vs. Venezuela WatchESPN
5:45 PM South Sudan vs. China ESPN2 & WatchESPN
6:30 PM Jordan vs. New Zealand ESPN & WatchESPN
7:30 PM Iran vs. Cote D'Ivoire WatchESPN
9:15 PM Slovenia vs. Georgia ESPN2 & WatchESPN
9:45 PM Serbia vs. Puerto Rico WatchESPN
10:25 PM USA vs. Greece ESPN & WatchESPN
11:15 PM Spain vs. Brazil WatchESPN

Tues 29/08
3:15 PM Finland vs. Germany ESPN & WatchESPN
5:45 PM Dominican Republic vs. Angola WatchESPN
6:30 PM Mexico vs. Egypt WatchESPN
7:30 PM France vs. Lebanon ESPN2 & WatchESPN
9:10 PM Australia vs. Japan ESPN & WatchESPN
9:45 PM Italy vs. Philippines WatchESPN
10:15 PM Lithuania vs. Montenegro WatchESPN
11:15 PM Latvia vs. Canada ESPN2 & WatchESPN

Wed 30/08
3:45 PM Serbia vs. South Sudan ESPN2 & WatchESPN
5:45 PM Venezuela vs. Georgia WatchESPN
6:25 PM Jordan vs. USA ESPN & WatchESPN
6:30 PM Brazil vs. Cote D'Ivoire WatchESPN
9:15 PM Cape Verde vs. Slovenia ESPN2 & WatchESPN
9:45 PM Puerto Rico vs. China WatchESPN
10:25 PM New Zealand vs. Greece ESPN & WatchESPN
11:15 PM Spain vs. Iran WatchESPN

There could be errors as I converted WST back to EST, weeded out replays and the channel listings were logos formatted back to text.

Reply #922856 | Report this post

Andrew  
Last year

I know how to download most streamed content and also screen record.

Reply #922942 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I know that we only medaled for the first time under Goorjian, but jeez the 2019 team is fun to watch. Great movement and teamwork, and Patty's shooting ...

Reply #922944 | Report this post

rjd  
Last year

And let's not forget the reason why Lemanis was ousted.

Look what's happened to Simmons since then.

Reply #922955 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I know how to download most streamed content and also screen record.

Well that makes it at least two of us around these parts then. Love the hack.

And let's not forget the reason why Lemanis was ousted.

Lemanis got royally screwed over, could he return if Goorj doesn't get results?

Reply #922959 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Lemanis would never return, not after the way BA treated him in their sucking up to Simmons.

Reply #922960 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

(And BA would never bring him back because of the monumental embarrassment they would face.)

Reply #922961 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

BA brought back Goorjian for his second stint as Boomers coach and even brought Brett Brown back for a second stint too, albeit briefly and didn't coach a game in that second stint so not sure there would be an issue with bringing Lemanis back assuming he wanted come back of course.

Reply #922967 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Kayo subscribers don't get access to WatchESPN right?

Reply #922973 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Correct.

Reply #922988 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

Kayo now have a page saying they've got every game as well, still haven't updated their other pages though.

https://watch.kayosports.com.au/basketball/fiba-mens-world-cup

Reply #922989 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

92 games * 1.75 hours = 161 hours

Hmmmm.....

Reply #922990 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Logged into Kayo just now and the games are all scheduled on it. Tomorrows game 3:30PM (For Perth).

Reply #922991 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Zodiac, I don't remember Goorjian or Brett Brown being shafted by BA in their first coaching tenure, which would affect their readiness to come back.

Reply #922993 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

I'm hopeful that they are in fact streaming all 92 on Kayo. It doesnt make any sense not doing it since they dont have any restriction of needing linear channels etc. Its kinda the whole point! If they've got a deal with ESPN it doesnt make sense for that to not include WATCHESPN overflow stuff

Reply #922995 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

hoopie, define 'shafted'?

I'm pretty sure I remember Goorjian wanted to stay on as coach after the Beijing Olympics but BA wanted a new voice after he had six years in the job and had Brett Brown waiting in the wings. Yes, BB wasn't shafted on his first or second stints he choose to walk away.

Reply #922996 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

After 2008 the BA review panel wasn't happy with the Boomers' defence, Goorjian disagreed and felt they were on the right track and the panel chose to go with Brown.

After 2012, FWIK Brown wasn't going to be reappointed and walked away before that process took place.

Reply #922997 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

BB obviously wasn't going to continue in the job because that was when BA, in their wisdom, made the position a F/T job which is when Lemanis got it. BB wasn't going to quit his AC job with the Spurs.

Reply #922998 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

From what I remember being said, it appeared that Simmons wasn't happy with the way he was likely to be treated by Lemanis (coming off the bench initially) and all but made the ultimatum to BA that there wasn’t room on the team for them both.

There was also the incident involving Simmons’ mate Bolden who wasn’t happy for the same reason, and walked.

If anyone remembers better, then by all means correct me. (I could go back through old Hoops stuff on the issue but cbf right now.)

Reply #922999 | Report this post

rjd  
Last year

At least we evaded BB a second time. But again, no thanks to BA.

Who was a part of the coaching selection panel back then? Is it different now?

I can't believe how monumentally stupid BA was to scrap a coach who had developed a successful system and culture in favour of a prima donna who already had a bad reputation among the playing group.

I'm not sure that BA really have ever appreciated the importance of chemistry and an established system in international basketball. They still schedule, what, just 5 games before the World Cup with the team getting about 3 weeks together?

I'm also not sure if BA appreciate the importance of using a similar system in the qualification windows so you basically have plug-and-play options for the A team. While Lemanis was criticised heavily for bringing in players like Gliddon and Barlow, his system allowed these players to fit right in.

Reply #923005 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I suspect BA's logic went like this

NBA 'star’ = NAME player = TV eyeballs = $$$$

Reply #923006 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

Kayo now have a page saying they've got every game as well, still haven't updated their other pages though.

https://watch.kayosports.com.au/basketball/fiba-mens-world-cup

And now it doesn't. Dammit.

Reply #923012 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

The worst part about Brown coming in was he was going to have what, two weeks to put his entire system in between the NBA finishing and the Olympics starting? COVID saved us from a pool-stage elimination that year.

Reply #923013 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Just signed up for Kayo, your right Perth world $25 a month for basketball heaven, damn I spent more on Dinner for me and the wife tonight.

Reply #923020 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"BB obviously wasn't going to continue in the job because that was when BA, in their wisdom, made the position a F/T job."

The decision to appoint a full-time coach was made following a review that took place after BB walked away. FWIK he wasn't going to be reappointed even if it was a part-time gig again. BA wanted someone who could commit more to the program for obvious reasons.

Reply #923028 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Just signed up for Kayo, your right Perth world $25 a month for basketball heaven, damn I spent more on Dinner for me and the wife tonight.

Just to be clear I was advocating for Fetch TV rather than Kayo since it gives you access to WatchESPN for the fixtures not aired on ESPN and ESPN2.

Although reading above it may all air on Kayo? Confusion.

Reply #923029 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

Just to be clear I was advocating for Fetch TV rather than Kayo since it gives you access to WatchESPN for the fixtures not aired on ESPN and ESPN2.

Although reading above it may all air on Kayo? Confusion.

The page I was referencing on Kayo's website changed to only streaming "the best of the World Cup", which I assume means only the games on the main channels.

Sorry Knowall (or anyone else) if you subscribed based on the extra games I referenced in my post. Hope they give you your money back if you contact them, referencing the false advertising that was on their website might be a good first step.

Reply #923042 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Yeah in the upcoming schedule they clearly now only have the main channel games. Its so ridiculous. I'm subscribed to the service that has as part of the package the channel that has the rights. There's no other way for me to get access to WatchESPN without double subscribing - either getting fetch or Foxtel.

Reply #923052 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Is WatchESPN free since I've only got Foxtel. How do I watch Angola, Italy game while the Boomers game is on?

Reply #923054 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Yeah I'm 99.9% sure if you have foxtel witht he sports package you can log in to watchespn

Reply #923055 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Foxtel really should have all the games on their streaming sports options when ESPN has the rights. I need to figure out how to log in, nothing is easy to watch theses days all on different streaming services it's shit.

Reply #923056 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Agreed. It really feels like peak saturation of streaming services.

Even just for sport
- Foxtel
- Kayo
- ESPN/WatchESPN which is "kinda" attached the above 2
- Stan Sport (which you can only add once you've already got the basic package)
- Paramount+
- Optus Sport
- BeIn Sports

I'm sure I'm missing some. Then you can have league passes such as NBA League pass etc.

As someone who loves to watch lots of different sports it sucks. As much as I hate foxtel, it was good back in the day having all those sports on one package.

If I want to watch AFL, NBL, Rugby Union, Football (Australian and Foreign) I basically need all those services.

I've basically stopped watching super league rugby and A leagues on TV because Paramount+ and Stan Sport just arent worth it for that alone.

Reply #923066 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

*Super rugby, not super league rugby

Reply #923069 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Is WatchESPN free since I've only got Foxtel. How do I watch Angola, Italy game while the Boomers game is on?

You login to WatchESPN, via the ESPN website or app, using credentials from your pay TV provider.

Foxtel: account username and password.
Fetch TV: unique generated code.

Reply #923071 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Thanks Perthworld. Do you where I'd find my Fetch TV unique code?

Reply #923074 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

- Foxtel
- Kayo
ESPN/WatchESPN which is "kinda" attached the above 2

Foxtel are greedy considering they launched Kayo as a streaming service yet at the same time excluded access to a mass of streams from overflow services. Like, really? I never have and will not pay for Kayo and ditched Foxtel for Fetch TV.

WatchESPN generally airs only minor events exclusively so for most viewers it isn't a big deal, although they recently began airing all NHL games. When beIN Sports was still available via Foxtel and Kayo it was a more glaring issue with their beIN Sports Connect airing so many European football matches that were inaccessible to the Kayo subscribing contingent.

Reply #923077 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Agreed. It really feels like peak saturation of streaming services.

Even just for sport
- Foxtel
- Kayo
- ESPN/WatchESPN which is "kinda" attached the above 2
- Stan Sport (which you can only add once you've already got the basic package)
- Paramount+
- Optus Sport
- BeIn Sports

I'm sure I'm missing some. Then you can have league passes such as NBA League pass etc.

As someone who loves to watch lots of different sports it sucks. As much as I hate foxtel, it was good back in the day having all those sports on one package.

The same people who used to complain about Foxtel are now being rorted paying for 484747463 streaming services at a higher total cost.

The best example of how ridiculous the fragmentation of sports content has become is if you follow a Premier League team who are active in Europe, therefore qualified to the maximum amount of cup competitions available.

Let's use Manchester City as the example since they are also participating in the World Cup later on this year as European champions:

Premier League - Optus Sport ($25/month)
Champions League - Stan Sport ($25/month)
FA Cup - Paramount+ ($9/month)
EFL Cup - beIN Sports ($15/month)
Friendlies - CITY+ (club channel; $10/month)
FIFA Club World Cup - broadcaster to be announced, last edition was on SBS

* drops the mic *

Reply #923079 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Thanks Perthworld. Do you where I'd find my Fetch TV unique code?

Menu button (on remote) -> select the cog icon (for settings) -> User Preferences (the very last option) -> Activation Code -> input your set top box PIN to view

Reply #923080 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Whilst im unsure about how Foxtel works these days the beauty with other streaming services is you can share them.

I pay for Foxtel / Stan
I use my parents Prime / Binge
I use my sisters Disney
I use my cousins Kayo

In return they use my Stan

So for all that, I pay around $40 a month.

Reply #923083 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Thanks Perthworld. Do you where I'd find my Fetch TV unique code

Fetch Mobi app instructions:

Tap the cog icon on the front screen for settings (located in the top-right hand corner) -> Account -> Show Fetch ID -> input your Fetch TV PIN

Reply #923084 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

So if I have KAYO and free to air, can I watch boomers games or only wht is on main channel?

Reply #923085 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The main channels (ESPN and ESPN2) are airing all Australia, New Zealand and USA games.

Reply #923086 | Report this post

Crazy8  
Last year

Hey Perth world,

I took your advice and bought the fetch box. The free trial for all channels means it's already paid for itself!

Can you download an ESPN ap inside of fetch to watch watchESPN, or is it only available online?

Reply #923087 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

You used to be able to put $10 in a sportsbet account and that gave you streaming access to all games. Not sure of that still possible, any anyone with a sportsbet account attest to this.?

Reply #923089 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Hey Perth world,

I took your advice and bought the fetch box. The free trial for all channels means it's already paid for itself!

Can you download an ESPN ap inside of fetch to watch watchESPN, or is it only available online?

WatchESPN is only available on desktop (ESPN.com.au) and mobile (ESPN app).

Reply #923091 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

and I'm glad my constant bleating on about Fetch TV hasn't fallen on deaf ears.

Reply #923092 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

"I took your advice and bought the fetch box. The free trial for all channels means it's already paid for itself!"

isnt the box like $200 and the packages only like $20 a month?

Reply #923097 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Oh ok, it appears I'll have access to minimum 4 games a day and all of the Tall Blacks few games as well, so I’m happy enough.

Reply #923100 | Report this post

Crazy8  
Last year

@Cram $50 for box and free everything for a month.

Normally the pack containing espn is $6/month (has 10 or so other channels)

Reply #923116 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

isnt the box like $200 and the packages only like $20 a month?

The package with ESPN in it is $6 per month with the first month free for new signups.

I bought a Mighty box on special for $99.

Reply #923117 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Definitely a lot cheaper than i saw it

Reply #923119 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #923126 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I've always liked the WatchESPN megawall feature but felt it was going to waste.

Now with premium content being able to watch (and listen) to all live World Cup games at the same time is awesome.

Reply #923127 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reply #923247 | Report this post

Reader  
Last year

Is the ESPN Australia commentary team located in the USA for this tournament?

Does that explain why Gaze isn't there yet - needs to fulfil his duties for Fox Footy this weekend before flying over?

Reply #923317 | Report this post

rjd  
Last year

Gaze is commentating for the FIBA feed. I've noticed him cover group E games.

Reply #923365 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Is the ESPN Australia commentary team located in the USA for this tournament?
Given that the tournament is in Asia, and the commentators live in Australia, why on earth would they be doing commentary from the USA? I would imagine they're in Melbourne, as usual.

Reply #923366 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754