Shaggy
Last year

Georgia vs Boomers

Anyone know time/TV scheduling for this one?

Topic #51325 | Report this topic

LC  
Last year

Game is being played behind closed doors. no broadcast and unlikely there will be stats.

Reply #922862 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Last year

Just saw boomers post it starts at 6pm eastern. But yeah, not televised :(

Reply #922863 | Report this post

AlphabetA  
Last year

Listed on the Courtside so may be streamed. It's stated on the app that all warm-up games will be streamed.

Reply #922868 | Report this post

LC  
Last year

Not this game...

Reply #922869 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

The team always does this and I suspect it's because there are things they'll be running they don't want opponents to see.

Reply #922874 | Report this post

rjd  
Last year

It's a smart idea to make it a closed session to prevent scouting on their real sets. Although it's a bit odd because Australia in group E and Georgia in group F are likely to encounter each other in the next round if they both advance. The Boomers have done this a few times before with closed sessions leading up to major tournaments.

Reply #922875 | Report this post

Shaggy  
Last year

Damn it. And this will be the one (and only) game that Dyson plays any good!

Reply #922882 | Report this post

curtley  
Last year

Showing your hand to Georgia will only be detrimental if they sell their secrets to a better team.

Reply #922883 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I read that as 'state secrets' for some reason, probably due to simultaneously thinking about how Stalin was Georgian. Should we be worried?

Sorry, carry on.

Reply #922889 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

If we lose to Georgia we can just ring their Secretary of State and ask him to find some more points to add to our total. There's apparently nothing wrong with them saying they've "recalculated" such that we end up the winners.

Reply #922901 | Report this post

Frogmanbaby  
Last year

Aussies won 86-81. Were up 51-33 at the half.

Reply #922902 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Reports are we looked like shite again, ball movement non existent, lots of turnovers.

Reply #922904 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

If we lose to Georgia we can just ring their Secretary of State and ask him to find some more points to add to our total. There's apparently nothing wrong with them saying they've "recalculated" such that we end up the winners.

I believe the process of addition in that part of the world is termed 'put-in'.

Reply #922905 | Report this post

1Q 29:18 +11 (-18)
2Q 51:33 +18 (-15)
3Q 70:54 +16 (-21)
4Q 86:81 +5 (-27)

It was too bad I couldn't watch the practice game live.

Reply #922907 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

"Reports are we looked like shite again, ball movement non existent, lots of turnovers."

Chris Goulding also top scored which should give some indication how representative that is.

Reply #922909 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last year

"Reports are we looked like shite again, ball movement non existent, lots of turnovers"

That might mean that they weren't running plays (but probably a good time to try them out), and reverted to stagnancy.....
Or, (and hopefully not), there's not enough basic offensive structure to keep both the players and ball moving.

In such instances, at the very least, run some suffle motion, back cuts, drive & kick outs etc.

In any case, I hope we dont see alot of iso stuff as happened in the 2nd half of the Spain game last workd cup

Reply #922911 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Whenever Aussies go ISO after the first few plays of the game, they look like crap.

Run and gun is their thing

Reply #922913 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last year

Agree Ket. It's never been an effective approach.

Reply #922914 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

We've been here and done this plenty of times. They would have been trying things out. Chris Goulding top scored. Do you expect Chris Goulding to top score at the cup? It's clear to me they got their lead then played with things and ran their bench and played provably at 50 percent. This is Georgia let's remember. Do you think Georgia is better or worse than say South Sudan? It's clear to Mr what happened. We need to relax. This team is going to be better than we've yet seen. It's been seen every single major tournament so I don't know why we continue to freak out.

Reply #922915 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last year

I understand and agree ME, the score in this game isn't a concern at all.

They have gone iso in tournament games and it's been ugly.
Im just saying i hope they dont revert to that, because it negates what they're good at.

Good that Goulding got decent minutes, the more rotations they can use in tournament games, the more than can keep their legs fresh and pressure teams with swarming D

Reply #922916 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Kay 17 (3 treys, 3 of last 4 Boomers' FGs)
Goulding 13
Reath 10
Cooks 9
Exum 9 (4 clutch FTs to close game)
Thybulle 9 (clutch late 3)
White 6
Mills 6
Giddey 4
Ingles 3
Daniels 2

Reply #922927 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

^ From Michael Randall on twitter
https://twitter.com/MickRandallHS/status/1693976738689335565

Reply #922928 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Yeah Mick says they shared the load, tried some things, goorj is happy so I am not seeing an issue.

Reply #922929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:07 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754