hoopie
Last year

Kyrie Irving a Boomer?

Irving played for the US team in 2014 and 2016.

As I understand it, players can switch allegiances and play for another country if both countries agree.

So, if Kyrie felt he might still get to play some international ball through the Boomers, could he be eligible and would we take him?

He'd be a stronger player than Bryce Cotton (who’s often talked about as a Boomer), and is possibly still better than Thybulle.

Topic #51343 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Last year

No, he can no longer play for the boomers. End thread.

Reply #923334 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Lol I am not sure why we would entertain him. He's won two gold medals I believe with the USA. He's not Australian nor does he really appear to identify with the country. I have reservations as to whether he would buy into the culture. And really it would be all about him wanting to play more world cups and olympics. if we were in desperate need for a point guard, you might entertain it, while knowing on many levels its a stupid idea. But no...

And lets not compare it to Thybulle. Thybulle has bought in and been an exemplary Boomer. I wouldn't replace Thybule for Kyrie even if Kyrie was in All Star form.

Reply #923335 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

I'm with you, ME. But I wonder what BA’s attitude would be.

Reply #923336 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754