Zodiac
Last year

36ers vs SEM @ Mt Gambier, Sep 1

The big game starts at 7pm CST tonight!

36ers supposedly going in near full-strength but SEM will be without Alan Williams, Craig Moller and Matt Kenyon all out injured.

I believe it's the first game at the new Wulanda Recreation and Convention Centre down at the mount too.

Livestream:

https://nbl.com.au/news/watch-adelaide-v-south-east-melbourne

Topic #51366 | Report this topic

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

Not quite the first game at the new stadium, the Pioneers used it last NBL1 Season. Great initative to bring a pre-season game to the country, I expect there will be a good turn out.

Reply #924324 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

First NBL game my mistake.

Reply #924326 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

So is only being streamed through an app?

Reply #924328 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

No, you can also watch it live at that link. I've watched bits and pieces of a few other pre-season games live on the NBL's website.

Reply #924329 | Report this post

Spinner  
Last year

It isn't on Kayo?

Reply #924330 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Zodiac, cheers.

Reply #924331 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

36ers starting Flowers, Franklin, McCarron, Kell and Humphries.

So strange. 4 guard lineup?

Reply #924341 | Report this post

iamthejoker  
Last year

its also on you tube

Reply #924342 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Not lot defence being played by SEM at present

Reply #924344 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers playing very team, SEM very individual, Creek still to ball dominant when on court.

Reply #924345 | Report this post

Eagle  
Last year

36ers shooting really well, franklin looking the goods so far. Flowers definitely showing value, but also definitely not a point guard. Marshall Galloway and Starling looking like really good bench pieces

Reply #924346 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Better 1/4 by SEM, vague looking ok for SEM, Adelaide nice team effort, 1/4 to go, lead by 23

Reply #924347 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

What's stood out to me is there is a clear identity in how Adelaide want to play, and that is using their versatility to be aggressive at both ends.

Last year they never really locked in an identity (apart from fall behind and wait for Cleveland to bring us back), so that's a pretty good positive early on. They looked on the same page albeit in a practice game.

The questions remain, can they hit enough 3s to spread the floor (Flowers, Kelly, McCarron, Franklin were all hitting them tonight) and do they have enough coverage in the frontcourt. Humphries, Wiley, Galloway, Starling look decent, but in case of injury or poor form they look thin up front.

Reply #924348 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brown only 9 minutes, Ayre and Foxwell been very average at best.

Reply #924349 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers on a different level to Phoenix today, Kelly must be thinking wtf. Early days though. Flowers looking ok, struggled against the press. No Wiley but Galloway looks good.

Reply #924352 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

No Wiley tonight? Is he injured?

Reply #924361 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

"What's stood out to me is there is a clear identity in how Adelaide want to play"

We said this last pre-season with the clear run and gun...

Reply #924422 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Need to play an NBLteam. Not Creek and a bunch of Nbl1ers. SEM's point guard first import to go. May not even make it to the start line.

Reply #924552 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers had Wiley out, SEM had three out, yes they weren't full strength but should have been a lot better than they did.

Reply #924563 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"SEM's point guard first import to go. May not even make it to the start line."

Browne is back for his second year, he's not being sacked before the season starts!

Reply #924566 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

He got 9 minutes, possible injury.

Reply #924577 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Yeah I think he may have copped a knock from what the commentators were saying. Hopefully nothing serious.

Reply #924580 | Report this post

Dorito  
Last year

@Dunkman Sixers are still waiting on Sunday Dech & Smith-Milner to come back also.

Reply #924591 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes I forgot about that, so SEM had less to come back and got spanked , early days I know.

Reply #924595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754