Peter
Last year

Scottie Pippen to attend NBL round 1

Scottie Pippen to attend round 1 NBL games as an ambassador. Hopefully provides more exposure for NBL.

Expect the opportunity to catch up with Luc Longley played a big part.

Wonder if they will force him to watch the 36ers game

Topic #51404 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

I am not sure what this really does for the league. Scottie has kinda tarnished his own legacy with all his anti-MJ shit talk. I guess its cool to have him along but there's a little cheese to it too, a little cringe, like we need him to validate the league for us.

Reply #926193 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I don't feel like people care enough about that for Pippen to have a tarnished reputation.

It’s a straight up "this guy attracts attention, so let’s get him here to get the league attention to".

Is it $1.2m worth it? For a billionaire that probably also will enjoy the peripheral aspects of bringing him here, I imagine it is.

Didn’t LK spend like a million to bring Charlize Theron for his capitol grand building?

Reply #926196 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last year

Pippen is also broke.

He probably reached out to Longley and said "can you get me a gig? Anything?"

It'll come with Pippen gushing the praises of the NBL, he'll hope he will get some follow up gigs.

Reply #926210 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Everything ME said.

For mine, Pip has lost his lustre after going full anti-MJ and not relenting.

And you just know one of the NBL's courtside lackies is going to ask him a super cringe MJ question.

I like the idea of bringing out a big name for opening week. But Pip, yeah nah ...

Reply #926315 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I know Shaq was in Oz recently but geez he'd have been fantastic to launch the NBL

Reply #926323 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Yeah, nah to Shaq the betting agency front man

Reply #926325 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Maybe for $200k but not for $1.2mil.

Reply #926328 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754