SydHooper679
Last year

Underrated NBA prospects in the NBL

Is it just me or is Lachlan Olbrich on the Hawks one of the most intriguing draft prospects in the NBL right now? Didnt have mind boggling stats in his first few games but I'm sure his role expands as the season progresses. His skill at 6'10 and I'm guessing 100-110kg is very appealing for NBA scouts I'd expect. In his college season at Riverside he shot 27% from downtown which he upped to an insane 50% this last NBL1 season (while I understand the levels are different, shooting is shooting). Can handle and pass to not to mention high level athleticism and physical tools. I've heard from people close to him he has one of the most unique motors and work ethic out of the young players around the country. Would love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Topic #51405 | Report this topic

Paswarrior75  
Last year

Would definitely agree with this...
However I would say his passing is the most underrated part of his game

Reply #926125 | Report this post

Rhino  
Last year

All the above is spot on. Work ethic is great. Hoping to see Lachlan go far!

Reply #926126 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Absolutely. He's in that group of young Aussies who aren't next stars, but could have just as much potential.

Olbrich, Henshall, Armstrong.

Reply #926127 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Last year

Strength of Olbrich is impressive at 19. Dropped 20 today is a good start too!

Reply #926197 | Report this post

Fairsy  
Last year

Just watch his work off the ball. He never stands still, a very underrated element for a player. He wants the ball, always looking to post up. To the utter embarrassment of my two sons and their friends, I said to him I have a man crush on him and think there will be a lot of eyes on him from OS.

Reply #926235 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Olbrich is from SA, right? Was there any real interest from Adelaide?

Reply #926238 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

their was minimal was told adelaide might offered a dp spot first before main roster

Reply #926312 | Report this post

SydHooper679  
Last year

Yeah super disappointing from Adelaide. Apparently he had a roster spot offer from most teams including the Sixers but why they didn't recruit him aggressively is beyond me. Particularly considering his past relationships with the Coach and front office AND Adelaide's constant criticism of not investing in local talent

Reply #926334 | Report this post

Paswarrior75  
Last year

@fairsy man oh man, talk about a man crush. Have you seen the young fellas body? Moves so well and is absolutely shredded...

Reply #926336 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Even worse given they took on middling frontcourt players (beside Humphries) and arguably still need another one.

Reply #926346 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last year

What got me about Lachlan Olbrich as how he played in light if who vis assignments were.

Baynes, and a Zikarsky bursting with confidence.

That's got to be one if the most difficult assignments for any young player in the league today, and Olbrich handled it well.

I said to a mate if mine, a firmer SBL coach, the WC just passed was the first time since before Ray Borner, we didn't have a world class Centre in the team.

Bow Wessels, Zikarsky, Olbrich.... hopefully we get one back soon.

Reply #926355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754