Pasadena 72
Last year

Red City removed from NBL1

Someone just pointed me to the Red City Facebook page where their president has posted saying they have been advised they will not be able to play NBL1 in 2024.

Is there precedent for this? Are any other clubs going to lose their license? Forgive my naivety, I never followed before the leagues came under the NBL1 banner.

Topic #51432 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Expect clubs to go in and out every year

Reply #926817 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Last year

Ok I'm from SA and I can’t see any clubs going in or out the way things are structured here. Other states obviously have different criteria.

Reply #926818 | Report this post

Ski 63  
Last year

Interesting thing here is it was the State Association (Basketball Queensland) not accepting the nomination based on their assessment as I understand it of not being strong enough to support a NBL1 program.

Reply #926827 | Report this post

Iso24  
Last year

Based in the West and there has always been 3-4 clubs towards the bottom end financially and stability (if you believe an ounce of all the rumours). Certainly an interesting move my Basketball Queensland

Reply #926836 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Likely that something was very off financially for BQ to make this decision. Maybe they were trying to save the association from themselves.

Reply #926848 | Report this post

retired  
Last year

In NSW,BNSW set so called criterias for teams to play but they do not enforce those criterias and there are teams playing who should not be.

Money talks or so called sponsors talk which is totally wrong(CEO looks after who she wants to).

If you do a proper budget NBL1 is not cheap to play and how some of the NSW Associations play is to be questioned unless you have a very good sponor/s.

Reply #926995 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754