No

Reply #927261 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

No

Reply #927262 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Will McDowell White back on court for this one.
It will be exciting to see him running this team with all the new additions around him.

Mody Maor will be looking for improvement out of his troops after Cairns got a few too many easy buckets in the first half last round.

Brisbane have some big bodies that may cause some issues if Cheatham, Mathiang & Pineau can't stay out of foul trouble.
Can Brisbane get anyone to stay in front of PJC?
Can they defend the 3point line while stopping the penetration? NZ have shooters and athletes, Brisbane will have to pick their poison.

Reply #927263 | Report this post

Statman84  
Last year

I will say yes only because everyone else has said no.

Reply #927264 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Maybe

Reply #927267 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Maybe

Reply #927276 | Report this post

The Big Duke  
Last year

May be delusional but I'm predicting Bullets by 8.
Baynes looks a different player this year and I think he will eat up Mathiang and Pineau. Also expecting some teething issues with WDW and Jackson-Cartwright.

Reply #927286 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

If cheatham stays out of foul trouble he will play most of the 5 minutes for breakers.

Could actually be quite a watchable match up but shouldn't be enough in it to change the scoreline

Breakers by 16

Reply #927324 | Report this post

Finn Delany out tonight for Breakers

Dominic Kelman-Poto in tonight for Breakers as NRP

Reply #927383 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

PJC getting used to nbl refs, lot softer calls in nbl. He going to make WMW job easy. NZ starting short line up but very athletic. Brisbane playing very well, very nice start to the game, lots fouls though.

Reply #927387 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brisbane really playing tough, by 4 at 1/4

Reply #927390 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Johns was downright terrible in NBL1, amazing he gets an NBL start (regardless of injuries at position).

Reply #927392 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Breakers by 4, 21 fouls in the first half. WMW in the change room getting injury looked at. Brisbane really playing well.

Reply #927394 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

PJC on three fouls, bullets can win this, certainly if WMW is out.

Reply #927395 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Breakers got to get cheatham into the game. They're not using him as the weapon he can be

Reply #927397 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Sobey with zero awareness with the ball, misses Rocco open at the hoop and then the open cutter on the baseline from the weakside.

Reply #927398 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

(forgot I'm watching on delay... lol)

Reply #927399 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

How can that be an offensive foul, WMW was shooting, smith chose to put his nose in WMW space.

Reply #927400 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'm thinking a bit away cooking going on here or just crap officiating again

Reply #927401 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Great game in spite of some dodgy calls.

Reply #927402 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Your right Dunkman, ever so slightly but having an impact. Out of bounds calls, Phantom fouls on Breakers, man handling allowed by Brisbane

Reply #927403 | Report this post

Groote  
Last year

There has to be better commentators across the ditch than Casey Frank. My god he hurts my ears

Reply #927405 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Buzzas!

Reply #927407 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Great performance from Brisbane. Expected them to fold down the stretch as per usual, but looks like this is a different Bullets squad.

Reply #927408 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Scheuler has learned well from Vickerman, that three second call was classic, congratulations to bullets, they are certainly finals contenders, there defence was excellent and some of their out bounds plays were also excellent, plus good offence. Did get a bit of away cooking that could have hurt, just check the free throw and foul counts. Baynes minus 17, Harrison plus 19 for those Harrison baggers. Harrison played down the stretch. Breakers would think they were hard done by, still look good though Mathiang and Jessup defensively not great, no time for Pineau that surprised me.

Reply #927409 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Mathiang was horrendous. I'm not sure MM can put up with him for the season. Pineau has to be close to taking his minutes.

Yes we missed delany but much of breakers play was static other than PGs driving to the hoop

Deserved to lose

Reply #927412 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Interesting that but for a fleeting moment, JC's crunch time squad in the last five minutes was Harrison, McDaniel, Scott, Sobey and Norton.

Also interesting that Harrison played more than Baynes. Ty also looks to have improved his foot speed massively during the off-season.

Promising for Brisbane that they survived whilst they had a marquee and import underperforming.

Bless Casey Franks for being the most one-eyed commentator in the league also :) At least he talks about the actual game, and not himself constantly like someone else.

Reply #927422 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Someone tell me why I didn't trade Isaac White out of my supercoach team

Reply #927424 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes Casey Franks calls the game, I like him, he had a reason to be a bit parochial as refs certainly gave nz a hard time.

Reply #927427 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

I don't mind Franks being glaringly one-eyed. Has been that way for years and doesn’t hide it. Part of the 'us vs them’ charm of watching Breaker home games.

Reply #927450 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

I'd take the NZ crew over most of the AU crews.

Reply #927451 | Report this post

The Big Duke  
Last year

I hate people rubbishing the NZ Commentary team, best in the league IMO and they are at all the games in person. They also actually talk about the game and the insights are usually pretty spot on. I'd say the Kiwis would make the same comments about bias when watching the games in Aus...

Will Mcdowell White was very impressive despite being underdone. There were at least 3 easy layups that he missed that he will make going forward. I thought he looked a lot like an athletic Joe Ingles with the pass fake layup vs the big in the drops PNR.

Still also shocked the Bullets didn't collapse, if they can actually win close games this year they will be around the mark come March.

Reply #927459 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

The NZ commentary team gets my vote too.

While I love Gazey, he's started becoming too politically correct; he used to be more blunt and honest, but now often sounds like he’s just a mouthpiece for BA. The others sometimes get my vote - some good habits contrasted with some absolutely annoying ones.

Reply #927464 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754