Mystro
Last year

Breakers Jessup injured, replacement signed

NZ Breakers Justinian Jessup is out indefinitely with a pelvic injury.
NZ have wasted no time in signing Anthony Lamb as injury replacement, Lamb played 62games for the Golden State Warriors last season.

Lamb is a 6.6" forward who averaged 6.7 points and 3.5 rebounds per game in 19.3mins.

Lamb is already with the team in Portland and is expected to suit up in both NBA games.

Topic #51469 | Report this topic

KWhite_Rulez  
Last year

That's a good signing. Lamb played well for GS last season. Surprised he's not on the team this year.

Reply #927795 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Sheesh, no messing about for NZB. Outstanding fill-in potentially.

Reply #927796 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Do you think 6s could learn something from the kiwis

Reply #927798 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Last year

"NBA player Anthony Lamb, currently a member of the Golden State Warriors, has been accused of rape in a new lawsuit filed against the University of Vermont that alleges the school mishandled numerous rape allegations."

Very talented player but potential reason to why the 25 year old isn't in the NBA after being a role player for the warriors last year.

Reply #927800 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last year

Mmmm didn't realise that and would make sense why he's not in the league.

Reply #927811 | Report this post

BigD  
Last year

In regards to the lawsuit, he isn't even named as a defendant in the case, and this originated in December of last year, which is prior to the Warriors converting his two-way deal into a full roster spot in March.

So I very much doubt that the case has anything to do why he's not in the league.

Reply #927815 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Hopefully not another Glen Rice Jr.

Reply #927816 | Report this post

Looks like a great player, but my gosh I am so so so uncomfortable with the verbal accusations against him.

How the hell am I supposed to take my date to the game and be like oh yeah that's one of our key players he has a sexual assault verbal accusation against him he denies and she says it's true. It ain't it man, it ain't it!!

Reply #927833 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

This guy can play and is an upgrade on Jessup.

I'm 50/50 on his background. He isn’t a defendant, either in a civil or criminal way, and he’s never been charged. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. And while his character is certainly not in the same space as Glen Rice Jnr, it still makes me a feel a bit uncomfortable.

Reply #927840 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Killer get for the Breakers. Wow. Surprised he's available tbh.

I read a long form article covering the accusations on a broader level back when he was with the Dubs. Memory is hazy now but I recall not being fazed by Lamb moving forward back then.

Reply #927841 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

I think there's more to this. For a start it suggests the deal is for the remainder of the season which means either Jessup doesn't return or another import leaves (I think). In this case I reckon the latter and mathiang will be on the way out then cheatham to play 5. Could be wrong but I already suspected and commented that this change would be made. MM doesn't seem to have confidence in mathiang at either end

Reply #927843 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Jessup is projected to miss the rest of the season with his injury. Lamb is replacing him for the whole season.

And Lamb wouldn't be able to replace Mathiang, as he is a local.

Reply #927844 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

The signing could be intended to help the Breakers front court deficiencies. Although he's an NBA wing, looks more like a 3/4 in the NBL. Crafty post game like McVeigh.

Reply #927846 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Last year

Accusations are just that. Warriors signed him after this.

Reply #927853 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754