Tomdelonge2
Last year

Perth at Sydney, Oct 15

Big game, who wins

Topic #51488 | Report this topic

Knowall  
Last year

Got 2 out of 2 wrong yesterday, today going with home team, but suspect officiating to help Perth to keep competition even

Reply #928224 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Usher basketball IQ is horrible , bis iso ball bad shots attempts is shocking

And Bryce's hasn't been much better
...yes Bryce isn't in best position to get his shots at times

But he has also struggled with not being the main focus of the offense and is missing being the volume shooter , from previous years

He hasn't adjusted

Additions of Pinder , Webster , usher , there is no reason to be one dimensional offensively

Reply #928226 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

But rillie hasn't got any system , the players seem to be running the show , not him

Bryce is pressing and taking bad shots just to get shots up , he is literally horrible at PNR (with Pinder , holds the ball on the dribble way to long as he is still looking for bia own action rather then the easy play )

Reply #928227 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Perth gets calls in Sydney might be the funniest thing I've ever read.

Reply #928234 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Bounce back game for Cotton and I think the Wildcats are due a win in Sydney, it's been a while.

Reply #928235 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Until the cats simplify things x use usher more then as corner threat when bryce is in

And playing Pinder like Xavier cooks , it's going to be along season

At this point Bryce can log less mins

Stagger uaher and pinders floor time with him

Give Bryce a breather , and let these guys cool X eat during those minutes

Rillie is playing Bryce like he is 23 not 33

Reply #928239 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Sydney on the up, Cats in reverse.
Kings by 8

Reply #928240 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings got this just on sheer quality of rosters, kings coach while new to Australia is also a very smart operator. Cotton still in the top few players in Australia. Low iq players can be winners but coach has to limit their thinking to simple team plays, jacking up threes because you can doesn't win you games consistently. Wagstaff should get some time just to settle things down and lead. Cats not without a chance but I got kings by 12 plus.

Reply #928241 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Sydney in a tight one. Big game from Jaylen Adams. 4 point win.

Reply #928243 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Agree with Bws1blood. Though Cotton is 31 currently not 33.

Reply #928244 | Report this post

larrycucumber2  
Last year

Going to be a good game. I think Kings might just get over the line with the home crowd advantage.

Anyone know when DJ Hogg is coming back? That's when things are gonna get interesting...

Reply #928245 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Agree on Rillie, the team has some talent but lacks size and a system...

Kings to get this...

Reply #928248 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

"Lacks size" don't know about that

Sydney got less size than Perth currently with Hogg out

Reply #928252 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Give Bryce a breather

Agreed. He killed it in the Ignite game in Vegas, but has been in a patch of poor form since returning down under.
We have other options so if he is off again today then no need to run him into the ground. In the paint we've got issues but on the perimeter, Harris & Henshall are both capable of increased roles.

Reply #928253 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

More confident about perths chances in this game than the United game as they have the wood on Perth.

If Corey Webster can start firing with Cotton then Perth are a real chance.

Perth by 4

Reply #928255 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Perth looking deadly early. Cotton gonna remind everyone just how good he still is.

Reply #928265 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I don't need reminding how good Cotton is, one of best ever. Sydney bench better that than all other teams.

Reply #928266 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Ughh. Such a dumb way to hand an opponent the lead.

Reply #928267 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Bunch of numbskulls

Reply #928268 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Perth are their own worst enemy with all these turnovers

Reply #928269 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Adams, Cotton, Doyle, Parker Jackson Cartwright, so many mvp candidates

Reply #928270 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Really only one camera angle available?

Reply #928272 | Report this post

Rely  
Last year

Stop staring into my soul Vaughan

Reply #928273 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Let's just say the refs are giving the kings a nice ride

Reply #928275 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Embarrassing defensive rebounding from Perth. Same old problem.

Reply #928276 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

30-15 rebound count. My god.

Reply #928277 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Is Hyrum out of this game?

They could use him out there getting smashed on the boards

Reply #928278 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Wagstaff is killing us atm so I'd guess/hope Hyrum will get all of those minutes after half time

Reply #928279 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

Wagstaff to the airport immediately. Veteran club hero status aside what a liability embarrassing if he plays the 2nd half Rillie should share an uber with him!

Reply #928280 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Its like a training drill for the kings so many easy looks in the paint.

They're gonna be scary when Hogg is back and Bolden finds his touch

Reply #928282 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Very good game, cats not out this though kings look good, so deep, loving how the coach has got kings playing. It's time to move Cotton to be the point and get the team organised.

Reply #928285 | Report this post

Admiral  
Last year

Anyone actually want to get on Jordan Hunter. Guy is left alone under the basket. Sarr looking soft as butter in the first half. Wagstaff should not be playing.
Need to get in another big that can actually rebound and play defence.

Reply #928287 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Rillie has no clue. No offensive go to sets, clearly no proper defensive drilling. He's too busy yelling at refs and looks like he's lost the team.

Reply #928288 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Coaching aside, I'm seeing a lot of lack of effort by individuals out there for Perth. Just basic stuff, like once you get beaten on a play figure out how to get back involved with a second effort.

Reply #928289 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

This is just trash

Reply #928291 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings the ball so much better under this coach and he's a lot more reserved than that screamer they had previously.

Reply #928292 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

If we could hit a layup it would help, but defensively this is abysmal

Reply #928293 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Iso Perth v team Sydney. Hogg to come back.

Reply #928296 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

This is like the kids half time game atm

Reply #928297 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

^^^ Lol so true

It takes JR until late in the third quarter to bring on Hyrum

Reply #928302 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Hyrum Harris subbed in about 35 mins too late

Reply #928303 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

These refs must have money on the kings. It's downright blatantly embarrassing

Reply #928304 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Kings 6/33 from outside the arc with a lot of wide open looks among them is some Neo-level bullet-dodging by the Cats, who are still down 8 despite that good fortune.

Reply #928305 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Not even watching but another 3rd quarter sees perth get bent over by the ref's....

Reply #928306 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Well, cats back in it, Harris and Okwera giving them some toughness. You need workers amongst your stars, Usher overated. Sarr very quite. Fasten your seat belts.

Reply #928307 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last year

Harris should be starting till Doolittle returns

Reply #928308 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I thought Adelaide were the team to fade this season but it is actually the 'Cats.

I'm glad they aren't getting bailed out by shooting the three at a high clip.

Shit owners SEG appoint a shit GM who has hired two dud coaches in row.

Time to replace the GM or what would be easier for them all is to bring Gleeson back in to paper over the cracks.

Reply #928310 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

owner is a cock smoker

Reply #928312 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Bolden looked a lot bigger than Pinder, at least 10 cm. Bolden looking good.

Reply #928313 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Bolden playing exactly the right way to ease himself back into action while still providing value

Reply #928314 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

The quick brown king jumped over the lazy cat.......

Reply #928315 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Bolden 13 and 15 not certain that's easing back in but I get your point. Goorg could be the one who does well out this. A big athletic five man.

Reply #928316 | Report this post

Grimace  
Last year

I can't get over the foul/free through difference. You don't shoot that badly on drives with no contact.

Don't get me wrong the Perth were fouling but Sydney is not a good enough defensive team to only have 10 fouls before garbage time.

Reply #928317 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

A few fouls missed but that's the least of Perth's worries IMO

Reply #928319 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Last year

We got to let Rillie go / the team is not playing wildcats team basketball

Reply #928320 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

If only perth just moved the ball through hands on offense instead creating tough shots for themselves playing iso then they might get some open looks. It doesn't take genius coaching to get them playing as a team

Reply #928322 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Final rebound count: 59-38

Yeesh!

Reply #928323 | Report this post

Bol  
Last year

Not even sure all the talk of Doolittle being the perfect fit for this team would make much of a difference on the boards

Reply #928325 | Report this post

Ballman  
Last year

I think the cats are cooked for this season. I stopped watching at half time as the same dysfunctional team play is coming out.

Sydney lost most of its starting 5 last season and they played like they been together for years.

Perth:
- too much hero ball
- no ball movement
- rarely finding open 3 point shooters like in the Gleeson era, almost always contested
- cant rebound
- Usher not really the defensive whizz and with Cotton and websters you have huge defensive holes which open lanes for the guards to drive and dish

Cats are also struggling with shooting confidence and they do not have enough of a system of play to generate free or easy points to make up for jump shots not hitting.

3 years of mediocrity

Reply #928326 | Report this post

Admiral  
Last year

Do not understand the fascination with the Webster brothers. They are the type of player I hated playing with. Guys who love to take 100 shots but do very little else. Websters are also NOT point guards. Better off keeping Norton.

Usher had a massive first game and struggled ever since.

Wagstaff should be a last option. Play the younger guys who actually give 100%.

Wildcats need to replace Doolittle with an import big. Not sure why they got Doolittle anyway.

Cotton needs to get naturalized if thats still an option.

Reply #928328 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last year

Need to fire Rillie and get Gleeson at all costs.

Reply #928329 | Report this post

Lindsay  
Last year

Usher's early clock contested three airball followed by a clumsy foul made me cringe. Let's face it, at a bare minimum we need:

- a pass-first point guard who is a strong defender.
- much better rebounding presence.
- offense sets need a lot of work. I'll be the first to admit I started taking this for granted during the Gleeson era because we were able to generate open looks for shooters so often. While it's not as bad as coach Morrison's trash 4-out motion offense, it's still very bad.
Agree with the previous comments about the fact that we don't have enough role players.

Reply #928330 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Would have probably been a 25-30 point loss if Sydney could make a wide open 3.

Jordi Hunter is quietly becoming one of the more effective bigs in the league, and the Bolden gamble is paying off big time - he is looking better each game.

Pinder looked real frustrated at times, and probably misses far north Queensland... Usher takes some terrible shots and defensively he is able to disrupt things and get in passing lanes, but haven't really seen any sign of him being a particularly good individual defender... Quite the opposite much of the time.

Reply #928332 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Pinders size against Hunter and Bolden is no match, yes he's an athlete but against these monsters will struggle. Last year Pinder had Waardenburg as the gorilla and Hogg to help him out. Pinder is probably hoping that Forde will be be there soon. A few Gleeson deputies around the league. Rilie still got time but has the team been balance properly. Usher and Doolittle the jury is still out.

Reply #928333 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Pinder 6'9 vs Bolden 6'8

Reply #928334 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Last year

Usher is terrible at any part of defence.
Absolute dud.

Once he gets the ball with any sort of room, he's shooting whatever shot he can get, regalrdess of rhythm, time and score.

Reply #928336 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Yeah, after Usher's boasts of wanting to be DPotY, I figured he would at the very least be not terrible. Looks more delusional than Tucker's claim to MVP last year at the moment.

Reply #928340 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Bolden's a fair bit taller than Pinder at least a couple of inches taller. I know they're both listed as 6'8" but I think I remember Bolden being listed as 6'10" when he was drafted by Philly which would appear to be more accurate.

Reply #928344 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

You want to look a lot closer at Pinder and Bolden and don't believe what you read, they stood next to each other today, it’s a Durant scenario.

Reply #928345 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last year

Tai Webster is just not a very good basketballer. Problem starts with the point guard, but I don't think Rillie sees that. Then again I don’t know what he sees.

Reply #928346 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Tai Webster is just not a very good basketballer.
I remember someone making a comment in a review of a mid-oughts Ring of Honor event, about the tag team of Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero, that "Rocky Romero and Ricky Reyes are really effective heels. Or more accurately, Rocky Romero is a really effective heel and Ricky Reyes stands next to him a lot."

No idea why that randomly sprang to mind.

Reply #928348 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I thought Adelaide were the team to fade this season but it is actually the 'Cats.

I'm glad they aren't getting bailed out by shooting the three at a high clip.

Shit owners SEG appoint a shit GM who has hired two dud coaches in row.

Time to replace the GM or what would be easier for them all is to bring Gleeson back in to paper over the cracks.

and at the same time we have two from the Gleeson coaching tree running teams and overachieving at lower spending clubs.

Reply #928353 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Aren't the owners losing money? Can’t see them spending more on coaching

Reply #928358 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Horrible and pathetic performance

Everything I said in last thread and early on this 1 came to fruition

No system , horrible shots , selfish basketball , terrible defense

For Christ sake this team doesn't even know hoq to box out , to rebound everyone standing behind there man

Ushers lack of defensive intensity is just garbage

Rillie looks well out hoa depth and they have timed him out

Pinder looks miserable playing as a Xavier cooks wannabe instead of in the post and on the block

Cotton continues to force horrible looks and can't find Pinder ona. Roll or to swing the ball out of it

Just ME Me Me , to many selfish plays between cotton z uaher

Rillie isn't holding anyone accountable

They need a emergency team meeting and a hard look in the mirror at the minimum

Reply #928370 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Next 3 scheduled games save rillies coaching career

But they will hurt the wildcats in the long run this season maybe done sooner then later

U should never be able to field a side defensively with

Bryce , usher , Webster and Jesse

That is just FOod on the table for teams with a. Good offense

Reply #928371 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Usher is terrible, the lazy poke the ball out from behind the defender as they blow by you is not what a defensive player of the year does when defending. Mix that with his hero ball antics of jacking up terrible shots from deep and the Cats have themselves a dud import.

Tai Webster is also not the kind of point guard you want alongside Cotton, Cotton is shooting poorly because so many of his shots he is trying to create himself. Watch him in the 4th qtr against Sydney and both his 3's came off a catch and shoot which has always been more of his bread and butter. Rillie with his lack of coaching mixed with not having a decent point guard has taken away from Cottons strengths.

Sarr shows signs of being a great player, but his age does show at times too... I was all for him starting alongside Pinder and using the last import slot for a PG, but not sure if we can do that.

Rillie definitely needs to go, but lets be honest that wont be happening. They will likely win 2 of the next 3 games and people will think they have found some kind of form but its fools gold.

Going to be a long season if your a Cats fan...

Reply #928387 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

36ers can roll them with home cooking

Reply #928390 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Ironically if you trade Tai for Norton instantly the Cats are a better team.

Reply #928400 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

Cats going to be in panic mode if they lose to Adelaide

Rillie is gone if they lose two of those 3games

Reply #928416 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

I disagree Bws1blood, they could lose all 3 and Rillie wont be going anywhere. There is nowhere in the last 2 and a bit seasons that shows me that management have a finger on the pulse with making moves at the right time.

Reply #928427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754