Tomdelonge2
Last year

Cairns @ NZ, Nov 3

Must win for NZ - given they travel to Sydney on Sunday.

A poor weekend here and its curtains at 1-6

Topic #51543 | Report this topic

GordonG  
Last year

Cairns will have Tahj McCall, Taran Armstrong and possibly Patrick Miller back.

Reply #929656 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Must win for nz, looked far better in back end game against SEM, who knows but I'll lean to breakers by a few.

Reply #929658 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

Break is really cannot afford another loss. I don't think they’ve been playing that badly and have showed signs of being a very good team, but I just can’t put it all together. Cheatham is a big loss and Mathiang just looks lost, although he was much more effective in the zone.

Reply #929661 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

WMW looking a shadow of himself from last season, Klintman looking unstoppable. Cairns are so tall and athletic

Reply #929700 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Refs up to their normal standards, if in doubt don't blow the whistle. Rubstavicious with a few good minutes, PJC is great, Mathiang doing much better. Cairns very solid across the board. Kuol good

Reply #929701 | Report this post

Groote  
Last year

Christchurch has to have a better venue than this. Hard to get crowd atmosphere in a stadium with so much vacant floor and retracted seats around the court.

Reply #929703 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kuol outstanding, never has a sub. Like the look of Rubstavicious, Mathiang doing much better, JPC got stop fouling, total difference in refs in nbl compared to euro, he has to adjust. Cairns are a top four team if they can avoid major injuries. Forde very smart to keep Kuol ahead of Pinder. Good game.

Reply #929705 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Both sides only used eight players, other coaches with weaker benches could learn from this.

Reply #929706 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Lamb dropping threes, PJC doing PJC things and Rubstavicious doing very good at both ends has breakers in an excellent position to win this with a quarter to go. Refs been pretty good after the initial burst ot call everything. Breakers by 12 one to go.

Reply #929707 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good win to breakers, taipans still very good in spite of no miller or McCall. Both sides certainly top six material.
Good game.

Reply #929708 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last year

Surely the question has to be asked about McCall. This is his third year and I don't know if he’s played more games than he has missed. Cairns need their full squad week in and week out as they don’t have the depth to cover this.

Reply #929709 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

So what happened while ESPN dumped to commercial after that first time out? Did we ever investigate why Forde wasn't allowed to challenge?

Reply #929732 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

I thought mantas was very good and good to see him rewarded with more minutes too. Very mature player. The young guy can defend as well although I'm actually impressed by the defence of several next stars this year.

Good to see mathiang play some meaningful minutes even if they have to resort to zone to cover for his one on one defence. Strange now though pineau not getting any minutes at all!

The 3xPGs and no SG is still hurting the breakers though and will prob be terminal for their season in the end

Reply #929780 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754