Tomdelonge2
Last year

Hawks @ Cairns, Nov 11

Cairns can ill afford to lose against the worst team in the comp at home. Surely?

Topic #51572 | Report this topic

GordonG  
Last year

Taipans will be missing Miller and Klintman :(

Reply #930206 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cairns by heaps, just don't see anything to like out the hawks other than Olbrich

Reply #930239 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

This is no hyperbole - McCall is the worst player in the league who gets regular minutes. Cairns signing him to a 3 year contract is literally workplace malpractice.

If he wasn't mates with Forde he’d be playing in South East Asia or Romania.

Reply #930244 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last year

Hard to argue unfortunately.

Reply #930245 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

How is that an offensive foul on Kuol, horrible call. Agree on McCall

Reply #930248 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Another shocker call on Kuol, no idea.

Reply #930250 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

On another while the quality of the game hasn't been good I think it’s fair to say you haven’t really noticed the refs. Finally a game where it just hasn’t been whistle whistle whistle.

Reply #930251 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Cairns signing him to a 3 year contract is literally workplace malpractice.

Technically they re-signed him to a 2 year deal after he played his initial 1 year deal. But yeah it was pretty clear before they gave him another contract that he was a turnover machine and not a team first player.

I suspect like Machado before him Cairns financially struggle to hold on to semi-decent imports so if one is interested they re-sign them pretty quick. McCall's contract finishes at the end of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if they make Miller an offer to come back.

Reply #930252 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

The Hawks are the WORST sporting franchise in all of Australian sport.
This team wont be around in 2-3 years time.
Wait and watch.
Absolute poverty club

Reply #930253 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hawks are rubbish starting at the top, Olbrich plays four minutes, their only bright light, back to back spoons unless they sack the coach.
Cairns could fall into a play in if they get back to full strength, Mayer and Gak showing they have what it takes. Forde is very shrewd coach.

Reply #930254 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

I thought Cairns were shaping up ok until their NBA trip, which seemed to kill their momentum. NZ have looked garbage too since travelling over.

Reply #930255 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Hogg a massive loss to Cairns.

The only way Illawarra the don't stay around is if LK takes their licence, their owner has mega coin, i would have still gone with the Ball group ahead of the present owner though. There here to stay just got put the broom through like Brisbane.

Reply #930257 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last year

Taipans best is still very good but when we lose some depth it can get ugly quickly. Will need to get/keep a fully fit side for the majority of the season to compete with better teams.

Reply #930259 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Need relegation..... bring in the Townsville Fire

Reply #930267 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754