Wang whipper
Last year

NBL sanction Cairns Taipans member

NBL STATEMENT

The NBL, in consultation with the Cairns Taipans, have sanctioned a member of the club due to multiple inappropriate comments made towards Sydney Kings assistant coach, Fleur McIntyre, during the Taipans v Kings game on Saturday, October 28.

The member is suspended for tomorrow night's Taipans v Illawarra Hawks game and is banned from any future Taipans v Kings games this season.

The member has sent a letter of apology to McIntyre.

The NBL and its clubs strongly condemn any form of inappropriate remarks directed towards players, coaches, officials, or other fans, and is committed to making the game day experience a safe, family friendly, and enjoyable environment for all.

Topic #51576 | Report this topic

Another Anon  
Last year

Should be a season ban at minimum.

Reply #930196 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

^^Correct, soft

Reply #930201 | Report this post

Aussie  
Last year

So who's out for the Taipans tomorrow?

Reply #930202 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Piss weak. If he was saying something bad enough to Fleur that it warranted this attention, turf the cockhead for the remainder of the season.

Reply #930205 | Report this post

Ratty Mussell  
Last year

Another piss poor penalty by the NBL.Should be a year ban at least.

Reply #930207 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

I have heard some very horrible and personal things said / yelled at the basketball, football and soccer, directed at the opposition players, coaches, supporters, the referees / umpires. Things I tell my children who go with me to the games we must never say.

I do not enjoy this ugly aspect of sports supportership, HOWEVER they (the recipients) all let it slide.

Are we now to reprimand anyone for saying something 'not nice' at a game that the recipient does not appreciate?

If so the MCG, Docklands, AO, the WIN entertainment Centre, Perth Arena and the AEC would be ghost towns.

Reply #930211 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Recipients shouldn't have to "let it slide". How about dickheads either STFU or stay away instead.
The Hierarchy of Controls tells us that if Administrative controls don't do the job then you need to go further up the chain. Elimination is the most effective form of control.

I don't know what was said but this sounds like a pretty weak penalty if it was bad enough for someone to report it.

Reply #930212 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

A lot of people guessing in this thread.

Reply #930213 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

GordonG are you still lurking here?

Reply #930215 | Report this post

mball  
Last year

This relates to a fan, not a player or coach. It really should have been worded better.

Reply #930230 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Had a thought. Perhaps strange and incredibly soft punishment as the 'member' is a corporate sponsor.

Reply #930232 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Last year

Corporates don't really sit near the opposition bench. Platinum/gold members in very close proximity.

Reply #930234 | Report this post

JRonFire  
Last year

I was at the game and saw it unfold afterwards as the kings were exiting the court following the midcourt handshake. Bloke in question sits roughly mid court, front row, around 50ish with a bald head.

I also saw something thrown at the opposition bench following the game. Players cop it hard at the snakepit with the bench backing straight onto the grandstand with no separation.

Reply #930380 | Report this post

FalconKing  
Last year

To those saying he should be turfed for longer than a year, make it a life time ban, with criminal charges to boot. If you wanna be a sexist gronk, do it at home.

Reply #931015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754