Grimace
Last year

Untucked Jerseys

This year the emphasis on tucking in jerseys seems to have completely disappeared. I seem to remember Vaughan Mayberry not letting free throws or tip off's start until all shirts are tucked in. Like the cats v taipans on Thursday had 8 guys on floor with untuck jerseys. I'm not complaining but it's interesting that this point of emphasis from previous years has disappeared.

Topic #51600 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

I always thought that you had to play with Jerseys tucked in as part of the rules, it looks better, but as you say it's either not enforced or the rule has changed.

Reply #930800 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

i thought it was safety - fingers getting stuck in jerseys...

Reply #930803 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Agree with Yup - it was always sold as protecting fingers.

That said, we've seen a a lot of tugging of singlets in the NBL this season, so maybe the refs have just decided it’s a battle not worth fighting

Reply #930806 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Yep, lots of singlet tugging that is not even being whistled let alone called unsportsmanlike. I'm OK with the later, but I'd like to see it being called for a regular foul more often than it is.

Reply #930808 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last year

Even the 36ers assistant coach had his club polo shirt untucked on Friday and he wasn't even playing. Just looks a bit unprofessional to me.

Reply #930825 | Report this post

dddd  
Last year

On the streets, we would always wear our jerseys untucked, sometimes reversed so our names were on the front, so I approve and move in that direction regarding jerseys.

Reply #930858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754