Wed 6:00 - Townsville vs Adelaide

Sat 5:00 - Southside vs Canberra
Sat 7:00 - Adelaide vs Bendigo

Sun 3:00 - Melbourne vs Perth

All times local

Topic #51621 | Report this topic

Cosmo Spacely  
Last year

Townsville dodged a bullet last night and Adelaide missed a opportunity to beat a team that was a flat as tack.

Reuf and Aokuso did enough to get them over the line , the other starters were very average.

Reply #931448 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

I'd put that down to scheduling. Flyers looked the same on their 4th game in 14 days with travel to Canberra, Townsville & Adelaide included in that 14 days. Townsville have gone Thursday in Adelaide, Saturday in Perth, then Wednesday in Townsville. Pretty rough.

Reply #931450 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Last year

Pretty ugly game, perhaps due to the scheduling and/or weather. The fact that Townsville could grind out a win playing far below their best is impressive in a way. Aokuso had no answer.

Rough year incoming for Adelaide unless Talbot comes back to MVP-level form.

Reply #931452 | Report this post

JD14  
Last year

Very poor referee call in favour of Reid with +1 at the end of the game cost the Lighning. No guaratnees they would have won, but that call sealed the game for Townsville. She has not gathered the ball and clearly took another dribble. Bad call.

Reply #931470 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Last year

Absolutely terrible call. I don't think many would've considered it a well-officiated game though.

Reply #931473 | Report this post

JD14  
Last year

Agree - definitely not good at all.

Reply #931479 | Report this post

Frog39  
Last year

That and 1 call Reid got was shocking!!!! Wasn't even close. Terrible call during such a crucial point of the game. Townsville got lucky.

Reply #931512 | Report this post

SamCro  
Last year

Lightning have worst bench in the WNBL by far, doesn't help when Willoughby & Turner have nightmare offensive games in the same game!

Reply #931647 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

I'm guessing Talbot takes up a fair bit of their budget. Thought they were going to steal that game tho, almost did

Reply #931672 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Superb win, Lynx! Loved that.

Reply #931687 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Last year

Amanda Zahui B > Townsville

Reply #931713 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Whoa, that's a good get. Not that they even need her! What a luxury.

Reply #931717 | Report this post

+  
Last year

once the season starts - go then to get an import as you know what your team needs and what the opposition are doing. Only downfall is preparation / chemistry but that can be sorted. Also if other contracts fall through. I see she has been playing in Israel - obvious situation there would be of concern.

Reply #931719 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Shyla Heal on twitter earlier today

Home sweet home for Christmas
Great experience in Poland but I requested a release a few days ago and they granted it, as it wasn't the right situation for me. Looking forward to [words to the effect of looking for other opportunities in Europe]

Tweet now deleted, which is why I couldn't quote the last part

Hmmm...

Reply #931727 | Report this post

JD14  
Last year

How good was Maley on the weekend - what a performance and star in the league. Would love to see her shoot a few more 2 pointers and attack the basket, but maybe that will come as the season rolls on, rather than settling for 3 pointers.

Reply #931729 | Report this post

JD14  
Last year

I did see that about Heal - has she deleted the tweet now?

Reply #931730 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Tweet is still on her insta stories

Reply #931731 | Report this post

Grimace  
Last year

I dont know who chooses the plays of the week but they are very odd.

Reply #931732 | Report this post

SamCro  
Last year

Basham's thug play which resulted in an unsportsmanlike foul was ridiculous, she clearly can’t play at the WNBL level so Nat is turning her into her thug off the bench?

Reply #931734 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

Looked personal Samcro

Reply #931742 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Last year

There is certainly history there.

Ugly, ugly game between Adelaide and Bendigo.

Reply #931746 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

I dont know who chooses the plays of the week but they are very odd.

Agreed

Reply #931750 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754