Tomdelonge2
Last year

Kings at Perth, Dec1

Great contest looming

Topic #51624 | Report this topic

Sebastian  
Last year

Its cool starting threads but for gods sake give it some content. It's like it's school holidays....

Reply #931516 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

I will leave that to you experts Seb

Reply #931518 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'm happy with you starting the threads, it gives us a day to mull over the matchup and say what we think. Let me tell you though none of us are experts.

Reply #931521 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Tom is like a reverse Jack Toft.

Reply #931523 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Kings just. Proper test for Perth to see if their new gameplan and confidence stacks up against a legitimate contender (utd had too many injuries last time)

Reply #931531 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Cats odds shortened slightly with the news that Lachy Reid will be in the building, but I'm still not sold on the Cats against a good opponent.

Reply #931535 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'll go cats by five, just being on home court.

Reply #931539 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

Cats by single digits. An exciting emotional game either way, frothin!

Reply #931542 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Proper test for Perth to see if their new gameplan and confidence stacks up against a legitimate contender (utd had too many injuries last time)"

I thought the same at the time, but then Melbourne smoked SEM and Sydney undermanned too. Perth's win backing up across the Nullarbor against a fresh United was pretty impressive in hindsight.

If they can win tonight that will make a big statement as a contender, if not, question marks remain. We will see, hopefully an awesome game!

Reply #931547 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Cats odds shortened slightly with the news that Lachy Reid will be in the building, but I'm still not sold on the Cats against a good opponent.

I was wondering why re: odds movement - thanks.

Reply #931551 | Report this post

Bill on the ball  
Last year

I must admit the tide has changed. It is a Wildcats streak at this point and we must accord them respect where respect is due.

All they need to do is play the same way to win. In fact, given the break, they should have worked on playing the Kings' speed game. Speed guns are out in the likes of Doolittle blocking Hunter charging in and other spoilers like Hyum.

I think if wildcats play strong, it could be a 10+ points win for wildcats. I stand to be wrong but the laws of equilibrium says it is tilted to wildcats’ favour.

Reply #931552 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

If Cotton is firing, Cats by single digits.

Reply #931553 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Why are the Bullets wearing 'Blackout' jerseys? Silly.

Reply #931555 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good game, kings play a very entertaining game, like United very strong bench. Cats bench very reasonable as well, Usher still not great imo though. Cats are in this.

Reply #931571 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

As soon as I said I like the way kings play, they go all iso.

Reply #931572 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

This game about 5 notches above that snoozefest QLD derby

Reply #931573 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Bolden is unconscious

Reply #931574 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Waiting for Jacket

Reply #931575 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

19 points and 5/5 from 3 for Bolden at the half .. lol... If the Kings could shoot FTs this would have looked much worse, but with the pace the game is being played at leads don't mean much at this point

Reply #931576 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I like the way the refs have got on top of coaches yelling rubbish in all games. Good game I still think cats can get this.

Reply #931577 | Report this post

Blocker  
Last year

In fairness to Usher. Arrived beginning of the season and plays like a gun on the US trip. Somehow confidence seems eroded that he second guessed everything. Let him play some minutes in a row instead of raking him off for every little thing The guy has talent !!

Reply #931578 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Only thing I can remember from Usher that half was another bad contested mid range jumper.

Reply #931579 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last year

This is a great game so far

Reply #931580 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Great game, where is all those cats supporter bagging Cotton, still in the top three players in the league, get him a passport.

Reply #931581 | Report this post

Cool Howie  
Last year

Bolden is off his head!!

Reply #931582 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

This game is blowing away the foul stench the curtain raiser in Cairns left us.

Reply #931583 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last year

Vintage Cotton tonight.

Reply #931584 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Vintage Cotton and too many self inflicted wounds from Sydney

Reply #931585 | Report this post

Ostriker  
Last year

Self inflicted? They've hit 19 threes bro

Reply #931586 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last year

Don't know why Bolden hasn't played over 30 minutes. Was shooting the lights out.

Reply #931587 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Missed FTs, backcourt turnovers, and o boards. Lots of self inflicted wounds. Defense is a shitshow, but this was a game they should have won even with Cotton playing fantastic and Wagstaff turning back the clock.

Reply #931588 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings got make free throws, you also got have more options than just chucking up threes. Cats were the best team and deserved their win. Very good game, Cotton magnificent, Bolden lights out, got improve at the defensive end though.

Top four most likely settled, United, cats, kings and JJs. The rest just making up numbers.

Reply #931590 | Report this post

101 annon  
Last year

Stop switching Sydney

Reply #931591 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Game of the year. Kings awful from line but out of control from the arc. Could write a huge post about all the awesomeness of that game but the scotch is hitting hard now ;)

Reply #931592 | Report this post

Wild Willy  
Last year

Hogg. A Hogg is a Hogg. Not a Hoge, Hoag, Houg or a whatever. Rodney would be ashamed. Good player though.

Reply #931593 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

So ... are we still sacking Rillie?

Reply #931602 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good point Ben, also are we still sacking Cotton so Pinder gets more shots and runs the team. Lol.

Reply #931604 | Report this post

Aza  
Last year

Dear social media/internet experts,

Should have the Wildcats sacked Rillie, Mills, Hutchy despite there had only been a few games played?

Or is sport full of ups n downs n highs n lows?

Reply #931605 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Nothing has changed.

Rillie won't win us a championship and we have the highest standards. The league is poor this season with the top four being United, daylight, daylight and maybe JackJumpers if they get things right - it's been extremely disappointing. Vickerman is absolutely laughing right now with so much head coaching experience missing from the NBL.

SEG will enter administration within a year or two due to all of their poor acquisitions outside of the Wildcats so when the inevitable does happen you would want the very best at the helm to make the next ownership transition easier.

Meanwhile Trev is enjoying his gap year and waiting.

#Gleeson2024

Reply #931607 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

That game was a LOT of fun.
To survive that insane 3 point onslaught and come out with the W was pretty impressive. Clearly our best win of the season after the recent string of softballs that didn't prove much to me.

Fair to say that Bryce enjoyed having Toohey "defend" him.
(Had this been a playoff game I think the Kings would have ended that experience-building exercise pretty quickly, but I applaud them for sticking with it last night. It's great learning. I wish our own young gun would be taken out of the holster every now and then even if only for a few minutes)

Yet again, Harris & Wagstaff playing important roles in success. Their involvement & our improved play is no coincidence.

In the context of that game at that stage of our season I was ok with Cotton getting zero seconds of rest last night. But it's not something I'm keen to see in games that don't come after a 2 week break.

Reply #931609 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"The league is poor this season"

Confusion between standard and spectacle. When you're playing against good, well-scouted opposition, it is very hard to get things on your terms. This season is a battle, no one is going to succeed without being a very good team.

Reply #931613 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Waiting for Jacket

Since they are apparently in hiding I'll briefly sub in for them ...

Reply #931615 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Last year

Fantastic spectacle with a number of sub plots. High level game which you just watch to enjoy.

Reply #931618 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Perthworld give it a break with the Gleeson stuff, Rillie is contracted for next year anyway.

Reply #931624 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Bump.

Reply #932077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754