Perthworld
Last year

All-time worst NBL owner

G. Kelly surely.

I can't think of anyone worse who wasn't under financial constraints.

Who you got?

Topic #51626 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Last year

I can't think of anyone worse who wasn't under financial constraints.

Also exclude scammers like Tim "Firepower" Johnston or Chris Fuss for the purposes of this discussion.

Reply #931674 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

36ers have longest no-playoff record of current clubs, so must be a strong chance for this award.

Reply #931675 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Could I nominate the anonymous Brisbane ownership group?

Last season's ongoing comical dramas were easily one of the most farcical in NBL history.

Reply #931677 | Report this post

TrevorTorrance  
Last year

Vlahov???

Reply #931694 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Can anyone confirm Vlahov was ok just didn't have the $$$?

Reply #931700 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Weird suggestion as the Vlahov-run Wildcats, despite not having the funds to compete at the very top, were only just below the high spending (and cap cheating) Bullets, Kings and Tigers teams of the era.

Reply #931702 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Could I nominate the anonymous Brisbane ownership group?

Last season's ongoing comical dramas were easily one of the most farcical in NBL history.

Good one.

Reply #931703 | Report this post

Grimace  
Last year

The Gold Coast Blaze ownership group?

Reply #931709 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Yeah they were absolutely clueless at operating a franchise. Claxton's years of hard work getting a team back on the Coast went down the drain.

Reply #931718 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

That is a bit far fetched. The Tomlinson's put millions and millions of dollars into making that franchise work. They had a great coach and recruited very well.

The GC is a graveyard for failed sporting teams. Even the GC Suns are a financial failure despite the mega power of the AFL to generate PR and positive news. They are last in memberships of 18 teams. They have less than half the members of the 16th ranked team , North Melbourne.

Reply #931721 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

They may have tipped a few mill in, but that doesn't mean jack. Apart from smartly leaving the on-court product to someone else, they managed the franchise poorly and everything off-court was a ridiculous shambles. I can recall personally dealing with one of them about a minor season ticket holder matter and it was dealt with amateurism.

The interest was there at the time, they just didn't capitalise on the opportunity.

I don't think the time is right for a GC entry again, but perfect venue at Broadbeach. Could imagine the hire would be prohibitive but.

Reply #931722 | Report this post

Dave Marshall  
Last year

*checks thread nervously*

Reply #931724 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

This seems to be an on-court bias discussion.

I understand that's important, but so is the off-court stuff. I think 36ers seem to have attracted great crowds and sponsorship, and even though I understand there’s a small cult following perplexed about the AEC move, clearly it was a for the greater good scenario which has paid off (despite some very disappointing basketball being played).

Reply #931725 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The Tomlinson family would take out a most naive category.

Reply #931733 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

There will be a clear #1 come this weekend

Reply #931761 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Tease! Give some context please

Reply #931781 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Something happened last night that caused the announcement today.

That was a reaction to what was planned or instructed to happen this weekend.

Never heard of anything like it before in pro sports.

Reply #931783 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

We have a winner! First thing 6ers have win in a while, but have bolted this title in!

Reply #931788 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

"Something happened last night that caused the announcement today."

As in, something more sinister than just triggering departure to go a new direction coaching wise?

Reply #931804 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Oh I see the other thread

Reply #931805 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Something happened last night that caused the announcement today.

That was a reaction to what was planned or instructed to happen this weekend.

Never heard of anything like it before in pro sports.

I've been insistent that behind the scenes at the current Sixers regime would make the best sports-themed reality TV show of all time.

Reply #931877 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Bump.

Reply #933138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754