LoveBroker
Last year

Perth @ Illawarra 08/12.

Game starting no time for a pre-amble.

Why don't the Wildcats have a DC universe Singlet?

Topic #51640 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Last year

Zunic in the starting 5 is an interesting call

Reply #932059 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Cats yet to score, but Hawks already scored free cheeseburgers

Reply #932060 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Brilliant first quarter by the Hawks. Standing O from me for that.

Reply #932061 | Report this post

KTL33  
Last year

38-18 Hawks after one and Davo Hickey outplayed Bryce Cotton. Must be an alternate universe. Lol

Reply #932062 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

*multiverse

Reply #932063 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good half, good game, can hawks go on with it, probably not. Froling been dominant.

Reply #932066 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Why don't the Wildcats have a DC universe Singlet?

They're worn at home so will debut next Friday.

Reply #932067 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Haven't seen a Hawks team play this well for a decade.

Reply #932068 | Report this post

Butts  
Last year

Points in the paint tell the story. Hawks attacking the hoop, Cats happy to settle for pull-ups or threes. Cats D ain't great, but hardly making the Hawks play much with so much standing around or a half-hearted pick and roll or dribble hand off.

Relying on hitting jump shots out of one on one or two man action to open up your offence ain’t a recipe.

Reply #932070 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cats coming back, got this.

Reply #932071 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Refs looking after cats.

Reply #932072 | Report this post

Dafence  
Last year

Another master class by the master coach JR.

Reply #932074 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

I wouldn't call that a good game, but I'd call it a very good win for the Hawks

Reply #932075 | Report this post

Dorito  
Last year

Illawarra are looking great.

Reply #932078 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I thought it was a good game, Tatum is probably the ideal coach for a young side with a couple experienced players in it. I thought his tactics were excellent.

It's easy to blame Riley but I thought some of his big names thought they would win easily and never lifted.

Reply #932082 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Pretty sure it's on the head coach to motivate his players.

Reply #932089 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Can we go back to calling for JRs head?

Still feels like a lack of a winning system for cats. Relying upon individual talent to win

Reply #932090 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The winning streak was a blip.

Reply #932092 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Can we go back to calling for JRs head?

Still feels like a lack of a winning system for cats. Relying upon individual talent to win

I've been holding down the fort by myself.

Nothing has changed.

Reply #932093 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

Yeah that

Reply #932094 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

The winning streak had a lot more to do with Cotton playing like peak Cotton more than anything else IMO.

Reply #932096 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Sack JR.

Reply #932098 | Report this post

Bws1blood  
Last year

And like klock work

As I said not impressed by this streak

Weak schedule and cotton hitting a purple patch didn't mean we were playing good bball

over reliance and a cotton centric/cotton only offense wasn't going to be the answer to this teams troubles long term

The team is too talented to have a more balanced attach and scheme

Instead as cotton wears down , and teams go extra hard , your going to have guys just bot in a rhythm or have a idea how offense should work without cotton
.unfortunately rillie isn't smart enough
.as a coach to max out the best of his talent

And run reliable plays or schemws outside of cotton hero ball

Reply #932099 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Riley isn't out there playing D, as I said some your big name players are to inconsistent, starting with zorro, Harris had an average night. Perth will be top four.

Reply #932102 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Perth might well finish top 4 but their inconsistency will probably see them eliminated in the play in tournament

Reply #932103 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Pretty sure it's on the head coach to motivate his players."

Any team whose veteran players need the coach to motivate them is not going to succeed.

Reply #932104 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Kind of hard when they're demotivated by the coach's lack of gameplan.

Reply #932120 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Zunic has seen court time in 1 game this season at approx 1 min 30 secs of court time. When you start with a gimmick and that gimmick logs 3:10 mins for the entire contest you are clearly taking the piss. His yearly stats are 1 rebound and 1 PF.

Reply #932124 | Report this post

Butts  
Last year

The offence drives me mad. Only time we get players through the paint seems to be a roll man off a pick and roll or someone beats their man one-on-one and occasionally an off ball cutter goes with them.

The defence last night was laughable, particularly the pick and roll shows in the first quarter which gave Sam Froling free pickings under the hoop, compounded by Sarr and Pinder going for seemingly every weak side block giving up offensive putbacks.

The loss last night was not surprising at all. Aggressive D on Bryce didn't give him the chance to get off in the half court, and constantly picking the ball out of the basket provided no transition opportunities. Hawks came out like a shot, Hickey was super impressive even without the buzzer beater, and it was going to be a tall ask to come back after that.

Reply #932126 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Is Justin Tatum the next Boomers coach?

Reply #932130 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Zunic in the starting 5 is an interesting call

Zunic has seen court time in 1 game this season at approx 1 min 30 secs of court time. When you start with a gimmick and that gimmick logs 3:10 mins for the entire contest you are clearly taking the piss. His yearly stats are 1 rebound and 1 PF.

Amateur hour.

How has this only been mentioned twice?

Reply #932192 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Looking how Kelly is transforming SEM, they probably got the wrong man first up. He brought over Brennan with him as well.

Reply #932287 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I thought it was harsh when he was associate head coach under ScoMo and then to rub salt further into the wound effectively head during his first pre-season because of COVID.

Reply #932296 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754