GordonG
Last year

Taipans v Breakers 15/12

Despite the near miss from Tropical Cyclone Jasper, the game is going ahead Friday night as per schedule.

Been lots of wind and flooding rain, but the worst part went north to Wujal Wujal.

Breakers overnighted in Brisbane due to Cairns Airport being closed.

Topic #51654 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Last year

Cheatham expected to play but restricted minutes.

Reply #932470 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

At home I think Cairns should get this, NZ been very disappointing as a team. Miller v Parker should be an interesting duel. Mathiang has looked better in recent games but Cairns by three.

Reply #932472 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Will Forde use the length of Kuol on PJC?

Reply #932474 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Cairns by three?? I'm thinking more likely 23!

From what I've heard cheatham not playing tonight

Delany needs to contribute 15+ for breakers to stand a chance and even then we need pjc and lamb with 25+ each

For me it's taipans by 10-15 but key for me is mantas keeps playing well and delany contributes then maybe when cheatham is back we can make a run for the play in

Reply #932500 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

NZ with a good start 27-9 with 3:32 left in the first.

Reply #932503 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

62 to 36 at the half, Parker 16p and 5a, Cairns been horrible and nz showing what I thought they would be a lot earlier.

Reply #932504 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Forde yelling travel on Lamb, I agree, he travels a lot, refs have caught up with Kuol, they should have been onto it last season, he holds and grabs all the time.

Reply #932505 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Four fouls on both McCall and Kuol, half way through third. Rubstavicious been very good as well.

Reply #932506 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Mantas is so underrated. I reckon he's one of the best next stars in the competition. His defence is better than any and great IQ... not to mention a nice shooting stroke

Reply #932507 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^^ totally agree, absolute quality.

Curbing the coaches from ripping into the refs has helped a lot. Let players decide not coaches trying to chase calls.

Reply #932508 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Unbelievable performance from the breakers. Quite a few calls went their way in fairness. But the way the spread the floor and found open shots got them the game. Didn't see that coming!

If they can stay in contact with the top 6 till cheatham comes back then they might cause some trouble

Reply #932509 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Parker and Rubstavicious were both better than Lamb for game mvp, better index and plus minus. Breakers keep playing like that and lots teams will be looking over their shoulders. Cairns not going anywhere, will cause a few upsets but no finals.

Reply #932510 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754