Dunkman
Last year

JJs at cats

Big game, should be beauty. Lots of great matchups, Pinder v Magnay, now that on its own is worth watching. I'm really only guessing but JJs by one.

Topic #51656 | Report this topic

Drexler  
Last year

Cats by single digits but if JJ's win hats off they are my least loathed rival franchise in the top 4. If anyone has had a front row seat on how to shut down BC it's Roth so if they Cats supporting cast come out flaccid they could still get Jacked-off so to speak.

Reply #932484 | Report this post

A flaccid jack off would surely be a tough watch...cant wait

Reply #932488 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Maley easily the worst colour commentary his season. Giggly schoolgirl vibes with nothing intelligent to say.

Reply #932511 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Oh Ben how I so agree with you, horrible.

Reply #932512 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Perth literally struggle to bring it past half court when Bryce isn't on.

Tai Webster remains abysmal. Gotta feel sorry for Bryce playing with this guy.

Reply #932514 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Very good game, more Magnay on Pinder though. Doyle is a very good player but imo Crawford is JJs best.

Reply #932515 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

As many said, the wins weren't convincing.... back to no offence and no defence.... Rillie can not coach

Reply #932517 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

JJs on fire, they are a machine, cats can't get a board, get the ball into Cotton hands more.

Reply #932518 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Is there anything funnier than the build up of Usher being DPOY at the start of the season but in reality he's literally one of the worst defenders in the league?

Reply #932519 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Perth fighting back, small lead to JJs.

Anyones game.

Reply #932520 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good game, I'm not putting the pen through cats yet, nice finish to the half. JJs do look better at present though. Gleeson knows his shit and Usher dpoy, yeah now that must have been sarcasm.

Reply #932521 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

Literally Usher guarding Doyle is a Christmas gift to Tas, yet every time he picks him up... surely Ben Henshall offers more? Or at least we benefit from developing him

Reply #932522 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

T Webster is that good but Rillie just over uses him.

Reply #932523 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Even if they squeak out a win here it's not convincing.

Reply #932525 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Magnay has put his hands up for boomers big time

Reply #932526 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last year

That cotton 3 was ridiculous

Reply #932527 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Well yeah it had to be to overcome the coaching.

Reply #932528 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Great game, I think the cats are travelling quite nicely, Doolittle was great doing the hard work down the stretch, Wagstaff as well. Cotton just great. Rillie got it right down the stretch, play defenders.
Doyle can't play that bad again, Magnay is unstoppable, Crawford very good, rest JJs not at their best.
It’s still United to lose though.

Reply #932529 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

It had moments of not being pretty for the Cats but to come back from 16, then 10+ a couple more times does show some ticker.

Reply #932530 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

And it probably doesn't matter in the NBA but Sarr really need to work on his rebounding. He's such a passive ball watcher in that regard.

Reply #932531 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last year

Spicy atmosphere in the arena and a great exciting contest, moneys-worth NBL basketball!

Reply #932532 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Nothing flaccid about that game. Gotta love a happy ending.

Reply #932533 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"As many said, the wins weren't convincing.... back to no offence and no defence.... Rillie can not coach"

Enjoyed this one! Perth have now won 7 of 8, including beating Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania, and they've got improvement left in them.

What I've been impressed by is they have different skillsets in this year's roster to last season, but Rillie has found different adjustments to get them playing winning basketball.

I thought he might be a one-trick pony last season, but showing growth as a coach. Would be nice now if he learned not to be such a defensive, anti-social coach when it comes to the press etc!

Reply #932546 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Fun game. Cotton was Cotton, but Tai had easily the best overall game I've seen from him in the NBL, and agree that Rillie is showing growth, especially with the rotations late. Sucks for Pinder, but having Wagstaff stretching the court and hustling along with Doolittle at the 4 does wonders for their spacing.

As has been said, JJs didn't get much out of anyone not named Crawford or Magnay and went away from what had been working offensively with a bit too much iso play late.

Reply #932547 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I also thought the last play left to the assistant while Roth looked on was strange, in the end, what ever they ran certainly didn't work or not follow instructions. Cats were in foul trouble and they elected to jack up a three.

Reply #932552 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

I also thought the last play left to the assistant while Roth looked on was strange,

I thought that was VERY strange.

They are fighting for second spot and they let an AC call / run the play?

Reply #932558 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Shades of Goorjian at the World Cup.

Reply #932562 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Tassie played poorly and only lost by a point at the jungle...

JJ's still the second best team in the comp and I think it will be 2 grand finals in 3 years

Reply #932594 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Definitely MEL-TAS in the GF if the JJs fade facing United in the semis by being the #3 seed and/or winning the play-in if lower than that but WTF was Roth doing there.

Reply #932599 | Report this post

Aza  
Last year

Dear experts

Should've the Wildcats fired Rillie, Mills and Hutchy despite only a handful of games been played at the time?

Or are highs n lows part of sport

Reply #932643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754