Dunkman
Last year

Taipans at bullets

Again Brisbane should get this, Cairns are not without a chance but very inconsistent.

Topic #51661 | Report this topic

Ben  
Last year

SuNsHiNe StOuSh !!!!!

Brisbane get this, they got to .500 (astounding).

Cairns get this, they move to equal sixth with Brisbane.

No feel or care for how this one will go, I just hope it's close enough to keep me entertained this arvo.

Don't forget Bullets bingo if you're watching:

XX Sobey hero ball
XX Baynes does something dumb
XX Brisbane manage nut crunch time poorly
XX Bonus: commentary mentions how old Rocco is

Reply #932602 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Bullets bingo, lol, but yes true on all accounts.

Reply #932603 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Pair bingo with the John Casey drinking game if he is commentating.

Reply #932610 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul
LOL if i was a referee, i would bet total points over in the game i was going to officiate in and just call everything and anything a foul.
Send players to the FT line and cash my bet.
Its as easy as that

Reply #932617 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

The NBL is the EASIEST league in the world to score in.
Defense is BANNED in this league

Reply #932619 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

LOL 30 FTs in 15 mins of play.
Entertainment.

Reply #932620 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

And the half ends with a signature flailing missed layup from Norton.

For a team that states their foundation is built on defense, Brisbane is playing it extremely poorly today. The way McCall absolutely blew pass Scott was particularly bad.

Reply #932621 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

36 free throws in 20 mins.
This is what happens when a businessman takes over a sport.
They prostitute the rules to satisfy the dopamine levels the audience is after.
The audience is after a high, and the governing body changes the rules to satisfy that need.

Reply #932622 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Finally menninga getting decent minutes and rewarding them for it. Not sure why forde underutilized him recently but he's got a very good skillset for this league and smart player too

Reply #932624 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Last year

Why is McCall not getting called for a carry? My god it's worse than the NBA.

Reply #932627 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Neither side going anywhere, play inns make things a little interesting but really only four teams in it,
Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania and Perth.

Reply #932628 | Report this post

Bullets  
Last year

It's official...
Baynes is cooked

Reply #932629 | Report this post

orbit  
Last year

Forde arrogant & no timeouts in last qtr.

Mccall hero ball - lucky to win!!

Reply #932631 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Bullets lose to a Cairns team playing their tenth game in seven days. Merry Xmas Brisbane supporters.

Still in shock Sobey passed up the game-ending shot.

Reply #932632 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Double points win for Cairns.

Roberts was playing well, that's why Mennenga wasn’t playing, Roberts didn’t play today

Reply #932639 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Last year

The dynamic between Schueller and Sobey looks like it's simmering along. When he got subbed out with 5:33 to go he was fuming, especially with Smith coming in who'd done nothing the whole game. Did Schueller lose the battle trying to win the war with Sobey, I missed the previous few minutes but Brisbane seemed on a roll, but normally Sobey is the one playing hero ball then and jacking up everything, either getting on a roll or freezing out his teammates. But he was genuinely pissed and frustrated on the bench immediately afterwards. And Baynes just seems to be pissed off with the whole thing, not being able to dominate like everyone thought. Was really close to losing his shit a couple of times.
Are the Bullets better off without those two? Add a couple of quality imports that fit and they wouldn't be too bad. McDaniel has been great along with Norton, Harrison is a serviceable big and White has his microwave moments. Rocco had a big impact blocking everything for a few minutes but probably got gassed after. But their imports having 2 points, 2 rebounds combined in 30 minutes is the old plenty of cardio meme.
But if Sobey and Baynes go, would Adelaide be suitors. Baynes could give some grunt next to Humphries and Sobey had good years here, just need the right coach. Else Sydney might be the other place for those big names. But can't see a happy ending in Bris Vegas with Schueller.

Reply #932642 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last year

Just saw Cairns airport is closed indefinitely due to flooding. Guessing the Taipans are stuck in Brisvegas?

Reply #932646 | Report this post

DreamShake  
Last year

Was talking about Baynes' chances at the game yesterday with a mate. He's off contract, turns 38 at the start of next year and just seems a shadow of his former self. Credit to him rehabbing a brutal injury to just get back to playing shape but beyond being a screener and aggressive (arguably too aggressive) presence in the paint, there isn't much else there. Clearly getting frustrated with his own limitations and almost lashing out, particularly at Menenga, who outplayed him without issue.

Reply #932653 | Report this post

DreamShake  
Last year

Given Baynes and Sobey command the lion's share of the Bullets cap, I can't see either back next year unless expectations change significantly.

Reply #932654 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Just saw Cairns airport is closed indefinitely due to flooding. Guessing the Taipans are stuck in Brisvegas?

We have aircraft underwater, Cairns is about to run out of drinking water, all roads in/out are closed, not sure when the airport will re-open. Certainly not today. Even though the water has receded, there is debris everywhere and sucking any of that into a jet engine is catastrophic and expensive. They will update at 4pm today (Monday).

Reply #932658 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Pair bingo with the John Casey drinking game if he is commentating.

I hear on the replay that Casey did in fact call this game. Two-in-one.

Reply #932663 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

And to think I'd almost remarked at the time "Will never happen - Case only calls the big games."

Reply #932674 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754