EssenX
Earlier this year

Mel Utd @NZB

Melbourne missing Ili and big Jo, which are big outs defensively. Still the favourites though, Melbourne by 5.

Topic #51716 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Rubstavicious got nine points with over five minutes left in the first quarter and he benches him. Shakes head.

Reply #934004 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Now this is a good game, breakers by five, hopefully Maor goes easy on his million subs and it continues a beauty

Reply #934005 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Earlier this year

Can't see United winning this game. Just bad timing with Shea’s concussion plus big Jo out with personal reasons. Shea’s United’s second best defender plus Jo their best rebounder.

Lucky we’re 5 games clear from 3rd but Wildcats definitely coming. Have to beat Tassie next week if team is healthy.

Reply #934006 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Delly should be a boomer, plays both ends.

Reply #934007 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Breakers by five at the half. Very good game with few fouls called. Lamb shooting the lights out, PJC real good early, sat due to two fouls. Breakers big chance here.

Reply #934008 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Earlier this year

At least it's close, hoping for a good fightback. Have to stop Lamb’s 3's. He is killing United!

Reply #934011 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Absolutely cracking game, the refs so far been fantastic, Lamb been fantastic. 62 each, Travers should be considered for boomers as well, got it all and getting better.

Reply #934012 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Great game, Australian commentators could learn from these guys as well. Very tight 3.54 to go

Reply #934013 | Report this post

Nightwing  
Earlier this year

refs have been fantastic because both teams have played great D, very disciplined.

Reply #934014 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Earlier this year

What a game!!

Reply #934015 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Earlier this year

Cheatham WTF!

Reply #934016 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Earlier this year

Cheatham!?!?!??

Reply #934017 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Oh my Cheatem at games end, United were fantastic as a team, Hukaporti and Travers really good. NZ also excellent, PJC and Lamb really good.

Both sides do play D but refs were excellent in not calling soft rubbish and let them play up straight and tough under the basket

Reply #934018 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Earlier this year

He did a few dumb things throughout the game. Left Goulding wide open for a 3 late and fumbled a couple easy passes even before that final F up.

Reply #934019 | Report this post

Mike 14  
Earlier this year

Coach tech with four minutes to go becomes a big call as well.

Reply #934022 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Breakers played very well, I know I'm nearly on my own but Moar subs and the tech foul was horrible, to much Leafa as well, overrated defensively.

Reply #934023 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the close of the game pls?

Can only look at the boxscore play by play. Tied game, Delly gets fouled with two secs left, ices one free it to win.

Was it a careless foul that cost the Breakers? Good play by Delly? Something else?

Reply #934028 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Should add I looked on the usual social channels and nothing about how the game finished.

Reply #934029 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Earlier this year

Awesome game! Finally in the past few weeks we're starting to get some really good basketball. Took a long time for this season to get going but hopefully good things to come.

Reply #934030 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

It was a dumb foul by Lamb that put Delly on the line, breakers arguing was he shooting, I believe he was. Delly make first, misses second off front ring, Cheatem rebounds it and calls time out on the floor. Lmao, four seconds run out and united win by a point.

Reply #934031 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Cheatem rebounds it and calls time out on the floor>

Oh my.

Reply #934035 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Thanks Dunkman. Might see if I can to a replay of the final moments on Kayo.

Reply #934037 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Two dumb plays by two imports, back to back, in saying that Lamb was very good overall. Breakers are nowhere near the iq of last year's team and the coach imo has also not been great.

Reply #934038 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Interesting you say that about Mody. The parrots on NBL Podcasts have been hyping him as the ideal target for Adelaide to swoop in and grab for their team.

Reply #934040 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

It's just my opinion, don’t think he’s been great.

Reply #934051 | Report this post

EssenX  
Earlier this year

The foul for Delly to shoot was by WMW not Lamb. It wasn't a clear shooting foul, 50/50 call.

Cheatham had some great put backs, but struggled in the fourth: he left Goulding wide open and two easy baskets went begging because he fumbled the passes.

However, what cost the Breakers was their poor defense in the second half. Way too many easy baskets for United because of poor communication.

Reply #934076 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Earlier this year

Good win by United. So glad the refs let the players play. The 36ers game was badly reffed. Wish we had more consistency.

Reply #934078 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this year

50/50 call, Delly smartly went for the shot just as WMW reached around. Veteran play.

Cheatham with the anti-climax.

Delly's passing was unreal, and Travers was elite at both ends. CG was CG. Lamb wouldn't miss for a while and Cartwright was tough to stop as usual.

Quality game.

Reply #934082 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Just watched a replay of end of game. Agree with LV and EssenX - 50/50 call, veteran guile from Delly got him to the line. Wasn't the wisest choice from WMW to try and foul, he should’ve known what he was getting himself in to.

If the Breakers had a challenge left, I reckon they would’ve had the call overturned. Them’s the breaks.

Reply #934088 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

You cannot challenge act of shooting. You can only challenge the validity of the foul itself. Therefore they were cooked.

Reply #934089 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Didn't know that. Seems silly, particularly for crucial moments.

Reply #934094 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

It was clearly a shooting foul, it wasn't 50/50 at all. Dumb to foul a guy that late in the clock when he has two hands on the ball. If he doesn't put it on the floor, just play it out. He knew it was coming, they should have known he was going to do that.

The dumbest thing about Cheatham calling timeout is he took two dribbles first, so even under NBA rules the Breakers wouldn't have been allowed to advance the ball, and he burned off a couple of seconds.

Reply #934309 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754