Billy Bob
Earlier this year

Clark’s DUI Charge

Interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Hawks on a real roll right now, internally chose not to sit Clark for his recent drink driving charge.

How would more top line clubs handle this. I couldn't imagine Perth during their run letting an import continue to suit up , standards on and off the court matter.

Especially when the Hawks still have 'Illawarra’ almost at their belt line as they don’t have a major sponsor, how does their handling of this affect their off court.
Wins matter, but the standards you overlook become the standards you accept.

Topic #51719 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

It depends on the reading, if he's just gone over, let him play and face the magistrate to get his punishment, fine, license suspended. Now if he was totally wasted and a danger to himself and community, sit him.
What’s the limit in US, lots of places still operate at .08, not like .05 here. Could’ve just been a human error.

Reply #934092 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Earlier this year

The Hawks went on a harbour cruise on Sunday so this is where the incident stems from and I'm guessing he blow low range. I hope I'm wrong but even low range gives you a criminal record which therefore he mightn't be allowed to return to the Hawks next year. If it was mid range or high range the league would of told the Hawks to stand I'm down immediately.

Reply #934173 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Earlier this year

Should range be even considered?

It's drink driving a very serious charge or it's not.

Reply #934176 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Professional athletes shouldn't drink since their bodies are a tool of trade.

Reply #934178 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Most people don't have to pay with their careers because of drink driving charges, as far as professional sports people, I’m not convinced banning them from drinking works, you just have to be sensible.

Reply #934180 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

I don't advocate banning them from it since that's impossible to enforce it's just I'm surprised more don't voluntarily opt to not partake in-season at the very least.

Reply #934182 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754