LoveBroker
Earlier this year

Alan Williams out for the rest of the season.

https://nbl.com.au/news/williams-ruled-out-for-regular-season

It says regular season but there is no post season for a team needing to win 5 of their next 6 games to have a chance at Play Ins. Essentially they need to win 15 games because they have the lowest percentages in the league and would lose any tie.

What now for SEM? Keep trying and see if you can pull it off without Browne and Williams or start playing locals like Vague and Foxwell in the hope that they will get a high pick in the 2024-25 NBL draft?

Topic #51738 | Report this topic

DennisRodmansHair  
Earlier this year

SEM are looking like they are going to steal the wooden spoon from the 36ers.

Reply #934547 | Report this post

Drexler  
Earlier this year

Just bad bad luck for the Phoenix lufe ain't fair but I'm glad it's not my team

Reply #934548 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Spoon was theirs as soon as Sixers got them, I'm sad for Kelly, he doesn’t deserve this. Creek missed a few, Williams in out and Moller two thirds of season, probably there best three players, very hard to win games like that. I always thought they were overrated at season start, just lack quality depth.

Reply #934549 | Report this post

Bored  
Earlier this year

Hopefully Wiliams bounces back next year as at his best hes one of the best in the league. But shooting 43% for this year as your centre, something was clearly wrong with him health wise.

Reply #934550 | Report this post

JMS  
Earlier this year

All the injures are definitely back luck, however their overall roster creation seems poor. Average imports (excluding Williams) year after year, no depth and limited cover after Creek/Moller. The Broekhoff loss has definitely impacted their roster flexibility but other additions like Vague have been poor. Should have kept DJ as an injury replacement?

Reply #934551 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Problem now for all the SEM coaches is that instead of following the scout, it's going to be iso, iso, no D, probably been for to many games already, every one just looking for next contract.

Reply #934554 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Earlier this year

And every time I tuned into one of their games, Williams was in foul trouble after picking up a soft or stupid foul.
Definitely seem to have lost momentum this year. Lost a few role players and didn't really have that killer perimeter import. Having probably the best local in Creek, a dominant big, they need to get better quality shooters to surround them. They might benefit from the Sixers fire sale. MM, Dech might be decent pickups. Don't seem to be spending as much, maybe Mitchell got out at the right time.

Reply #934578 | Report this post

Scout  
Earlier this year

Rate Williams both as a player and a person. Hope he rehabs and comes back strong.

Reply #934593 | Report this post

Frog39  
Earlier this year

I also don't understand letting DJ go and not using as an injury replacement!

Reply #934647 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754