Ben
Earlier this year

Bullets @ Cats - Fri 19th Jan

Tips 9:30pm NSW/VIC.

NBL talking heads been hyping this one like it's the second coming of Bulls v Jazz 1997.

Perth to put Brisbane over their knee and give them a polite 20 point spanking.

Topic #51741 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

NBL talking heads been hyping this one like it's the second coming of Bulls v Jazz 1997.

Who knows, maybe they're privvy to the fact Cotton has contracted flu from a dodgy pizza?

Reply #934557 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Without Sarr & Doolittle I'm certainly not expecting a cruisy win against the resurgent mighty buzzas

Reply #934560 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this year

I don't want either team to win, but can’t see anything other than Perth thumping Brisbane.

Reply #934564 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Earlier this year

No Doolittle, Sarr and Cotton recovering from illness so it might be closer than originally thought.....
So Cats by 20 ;)

Reply #934566 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Zakarsky and Prather out for bullets. Perth comfortably.

Reply #934568 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this year

Cats up 31-13 at quarter time.

Sheesh

Reply #934577 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

I'm certainly not expecting a cruisy win against the resurgent mighty buzzas

Wasn't expecting it, but will happily take it if brissy have no interest in competing.
Yikes.

Reply #934579 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Brisbane should've forfeited and stayed at home.

Reply #934580 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this year

Perth are looking like a TEAM that enjoys playing. Brisbane Blanks???

Reply #934581 | Report this post

Just  
Earlier this year

I don't know why Cotton isn't getting more rest on the bench...

Reply #934582 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

I remember a time when the Bullets used to pack some heat.

Reply #934583 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

Have to admire Perth's commitment to not getting a rebound.

Reply #934584 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Reply #934585 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Oh man. That mascot sends me back to another time. A time where Bullets teams were shitty, but they played hard and we as supporters enjoyed the handful of wins they gave us every season.

Nice find Pw!

Reply #934587 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Expected two good games tonight and got two duds, Brisbane not in same ball park. Cotton doing what he does and scoring and Sobey doing what he does in iso and missing.

Reply #934588 | Report this post

Yup  
Earlier this year

% a factor here...

Brisbane's double big lineup has given Perth some trouble…

Reply #934589 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

At least after tonight the NBL 'analysts' can pack away the silly talk of "sObEy MiGhT bE mVp!"

Reply #934590 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Earlier this year

Nah we don't want Cotton on a Boomers jersey....

Reply #934591 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this year

Man Tai Webster and Hyrum Harris been so damn good

Reply #934592 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Certainly right on Sobey mvp, lol, and McDaniel for defensive player of the year. Please don't mention again commentary. Harris has been a fantastic pick up, always had potential.

And yes can we push for Cotton to be a boomer, he’s the best player in the country by a country mile.

Reply #934594 | Report this post

Bol  
Earlier this year

Nice game for wildcats fans.

I'm glad i was wrong about Tai Webb earlier in the season. He's crucial to keeping the game up tempo and gets downhill and takes his opportunities with the space provided by Bryce. Hyrum been great all year. Cats unstoppable at the moment will be interesting if they can back up that shooting display against Sydney who played well last game.

Reply #934597 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Cats stay healthy, they're favourites imo, United are staggering, Travers looks injured. No one can really mark Cotton the way the coaching staff have got this team playing.

Reply #934598 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Earlier this year

Bryce seemed like the perfect replacement for mills in the boomers, probably never happen now.

Didn't sound like Goorijan was that fussed with cotton when they first got a quote from him about the situation

Reply #934600 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Harrison clearly bullets best at only minus two, Baynes wasn't to bad, the rest horrible. Bannan nearly travels every time he gets the ball. Very good improvement this season from Brisbane but still a long way off the championship, still Chance of play inns though.

Reply #934601 | Report this post

Bol  
Earlier this year

I still think United are favorites. They have a better front court and Goulding/Clarke back court cancels out Bryce and co. Not to mention higher IQ players.

However, the cats are the form team at the moment and whichever team is in better form come finals should be considered favorites as there isn't much separating the two.

Reply #934602 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Earlier this year

I didn't rate Hyrum Harris at the Sixers very highly, he was OK as a role player, always battled for the ball. Big credit to him for making such a difference at Perth. He can even hit threes now.

Would Perth people see him as a Greg Hire 2.0?

The improvement of Tai Webster has been incredible. I always said give Henshall Tai's minutes but in the last few games Tai has owned those minutes.

Henshall does deserve more minutes though.

Baynes went 2 from 6 from very close range against 6 ft 7 inches players, he should be owning them with his size.

Why isn't Chris Smith getting more minutes? He should be ahead of Bannan.

Reply #934603 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Have to admire Perth's commitment to not getting a rebound.

Luckily the beauty of this season is that you don't have to.

Reply #934609 | Report this post

Grimace  
Earlier this year

I love how high & early they've been setting the screen for cotton.

Reply #934610 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Soooo ..... are we still sacking JR?

Reply #934616 | Report this post

Bol  
Earlier this year

Lol probably not Ben. Ive been impressed with his coaching in the second half of the year. He's done very well turning things around and getting the players locked in and the culture within the group seems strong. Ive liked his resilience through the adversity.

But finals is a different ball game and time will tell how well their up tempo game style will hold up in finals. They can struggle in the half court and the JJ's and United are tough defensively and very well coached.

Reply #934617 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

The thing cats have changed the most is their D, it wins championships.

Reply #934618 | Report this post

EssenX  
Earlier this year

Bryce Cotton turning back the clock and some helps too. Many teams can't guard him 1 on 1 full stop.

Reply #934646 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754