MaxM
Earlier this year

Perth vs Illawarra, 25th Jan

Perth get Alex Sarr back, Gary Clark has travelled with the team and is expected to play despite nursing a sore knee.

Can't see anything except a Perth win here, however I said that last time these teams played, who knows.

Topic #51752 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

They destroyed us last time we met. Hoping for some sweet redemption tonight.

Nice to have Sarr back.

Reply #934896 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Cats by twenty unless there's a miracle. Tatum done great with an average side but eventually you get found out.

Reply #934898 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Earlier this year

Hawks still much better under Tatum but the new coach shine is starting to wear off. Cats won't get taken by surprise again. 10+ in a canter

Reply #934908 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

They just introduced the Hawks "and their coach Jacob Jackomas". Did I miss something?

Reply #934952 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Classic.

Reply #934961 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Hawks bench doing the damage.

Reply #934983 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this year

Wow what a night of upsets of NBL!!

Reply #934984 | Report this post

Dafence  
Earlier this year

Another coaching masterclass from JR

Reply #934986 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Commentary keep asking where is Adnam, surely you don't play him ahead of the blokes been there all season.

Reply #934987 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Earlier this year

Every team has one bunny team in the comp. Looks like it's the Hawks for the Cats.

Reply #934988 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Can hawks hang on.

Reply #934989 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Please no more home cooking

Reply #934990 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Another coaching masterclass from JR

bUt He'S sEcOnD

Reply #934991 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Hawks D has been too solid to allow a choke.
Credit to them.

Reply #934992 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Another turn taker win tonight right on queue after my comment about the nature of this season in the other game thread.

Reply #934993 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Earlier this year

Perth are showing poor defense today.

Reply #934994 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

right on queue
Cue.

Reply #934995 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Two upsets, I'm glad I don’t gamble, hawks lifted, cats back to I don’t need to play D. Usher after a good stretch games back to unreliable, C Webster minus 16 in 8 minutes, Cotton off night shooting didn’t help.
Hawks very good though Harvey still over dribbles. Blanchfield and Lee very good, Clarke is an absolute gun at both ends while Peatling and Swaka Lobo great defectively.

Reply #934996 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Earlier this year

Only 3rd loss in 15 games but there a couple worrying signs from earlier in the year, such a both Websters on the court together and playing huge stretches with no proper big.
Doolittle had a horror, hope his concussion is still OK. Sarr back but barely saw court time too.

Reply #934997 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Earlier this year

Very disappointing performance from the Wildcats tonight. Hopefully they can reset quickly.

Also, that court announcer tonight should never be let near a microphone.

Reply #934998 | Report this post

Bol  
Earlier this year

JR still thinks there's no need to improve on their weaknesses? Any team that plays half decent defense against them and they revert to iso crap. You would have thought he learned something and come up with some counters after the last time they got destroyed by the hawks.

Well done to Tatum they have the blueprint for the rest of the league to limit Cottons influence

Reply #934999 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

Also, that court announcer tonight should never be let near a microphone.

Yeah, he sucked even harder than the Cats tonight.

Reply #935000 | Report this post

koberulz  
Earlier this year

I paid for a seat I barely got to use.

Reply #935004 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

No disrespect to the Hawks, who were locked in for the full 40 and did a superb job.
But I found the real reason the Cats regressed to our early season worst ...
https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstPER/status/1750456215992230107?t=_wpTrheLh6LMszkLuNXVfA&s=19

Reply #935007 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Earlier this year

Cue.

Argh, thanks.

JR still thinks there's no need to improve on their weaknesses? Any team that plays half decent defense against them and they revert to iso crap. You would have thought he learned something and come up with some counters after the last time they got destroyed by the hawks.

It's easy not to improve when you face Dumb and Dumber every week. Imagine if the likes of Fearne, Gleeson, Goorjian, Lemanis and Wright were still around - the coaching ranks are severely depleted right now sans Vickerman.

Well done to Tatum they have the blueprint for the rest of the league to limit Cottons influence

Agreed. We aren't doing anything in the playoffs and even if the current crop of spuds err I mean opposing coaches can't take advantage of it Cotton could be cooked after being overplayed during the regular season.

Reply #935014 | Report this post

spEKTre  
Earlier this year

Cotton was well contained by Hyun-Jung, he couldn't shoot over the top of him and did an excellent job shutting him down. Doolittle did exactly that and turned the ball over 4 or 5 times too easily.

Reply #935015 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this year

Lee has been a really good pickup for the Hawks

Reply #935017 | Report this post

Ben  
Earlier this year

Sack JR.

Reply #935018 | Report this post

Fairsy  
Earlier this year

Jeez, you fans are tough, JR was being spoken about as coach of the year prior to last night and I am a Hawks fan. You underestimated him once, I am sure he will be right.

Reply #935019 | Report this post

fan since the old snakepit  
Earlier this year

Lee was a huge defensive liability early in the season. Since Tatum he has become far more effective. He was always a great shooter but was easily exploited defensively.

Last night the Hawks in defending Cotton 2 or 3 times.

One for the statistics people. When was the last time Hawks defeated the Cats twice in a regular season. I can't recall it happening?

Reply #935020 | Report this post

Earlier this year

*Only broke down defending Cotton 2 or 3 times

Reply #935021 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Earlier this year

The last time the Hawks beat Perth twice in regular season was 2016/17 when they made the GF under Beveridge and lost to the Cats.

Reply #935023 | Report this post

Earlier this year

Thanks

Reply #935025 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754