Dunkman
Earlier this year

Kings vs United, Jan 28

Can the refs let them play, two correct challengers both overturned. Good game getting ruined by over whistling.

Topic #51764 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Earlier this year

two correct challengers both overturned

What? That Delly one was a laughable challenge.

Reply #935185 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Delly is allowed to move, he wasn't setting a screen, Bruce jumped all over his back.

United certainly beatable, if kings keep playing like this. Bowen is playing better than Travers, JLA getting done over by kings bigs. Kings coach doing very well, has Vickerman measure at present.

Reply #935186 | Report this post

LV  
Earlier this year

Delly challenge interesting. He was moving, so technically yes, a moving screen. Correct decision- unsuccessful.

But if that occured in open court, away from the ball, it's a borderline unsportsmanlike on Bruce. Basketball is a "challenging" sport to referee.

My question was what was the Kings coach thinking? Dumbest challenge I've seen all year. Obvious foul on Hunter.

Reply #935188 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Earlier this year

Bruce building a host in the 3rd. Was left out there way too long

Reply #935192 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Earlier this year

*house

Reply #935193 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Vickerman showing again he can make changes at the half to change the game.

Reply #935194 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Kings have some dumb players, they go from passing on offence to it's my shot you guys have had yours. Melbourne probably got this now.

Reply #935196 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Bolden just proving my opinion

Reply #935199 | Report this post

Dafence  
Earlier this year

"Melbourne probably got this now."

Oh, wait ...

Reply #935201 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

Bolden getting fouled out might have been the winner, Hunter has been fantastic. Kings got the players just got play the smart ones.

Reply #935202 | Report this post

Billo  
Earlier this year

As much as I don't fancy the kings, this is an impressive win over united. The league is in good shape, you can't afford to be even 2% off your game at the moment otherwise you get done. Not many easy games.

Reply #935204 | Report this post

AngusH  
Earlier this year

"The league is in good shape, you can't afford to be even 2% off your game at the moment otherwise you get done. Not many easy games."

Absolutely. Every team in the league is a chance against every other team on any night.

Hell, I felt much less sick after the SEM lost by Sydney watching the Phoenix back up against Perth - they could have had that game if they'd made their open looks (same ones the made vs Sydney).

Reply #935219 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Earlier this year

The first part of the year it was a case of having lots of bad teams so the league was unpredictable, whereas the second part of the year lots of teams are playing well and it's great to watch.

It's worth noting, a big part of the season being rubbish early on was the refs allowing the game to be like rugby, once they started reffing by the rules the game has become predictable and we've seen great individual and team performances.

Reply #935221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:14 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754