TimX
Earlier this year

NBL OVERTIME

On yesterday's programme Cam and the boys discussed every team EXCEPT the Breakers with regard to what is needed to qualify to make the playoffs.

Come on show us some love and discuss the breakers . You need us in the competition and it is bad enough that the referees don’t want us to win ( lams foul in the last game ) but you guys don’t want us too either.

P.s we have won it 4 times

Topic #51769 | Report this topic

Watto  
Earlier this year

It's so obvious the NBL media doesn’t want the Breakers to succeed. Makes me think Boti might be right in that they’re going to be moved to the Gold Coast

Reply #935328 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Earlier this year

Watch this space on that front. Last rumour getting about is wild. Seen Matt Walsh lately?

Reply #935331 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

He moved back to Texas after Edser was elevated to the CEO role.

Reply #935334 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this year

Could it be that a Wellington or Canterbury team is finally coming in, which 'allows' the Auckland licence to be moved to the Gold Coast while still keeping the NZ presence?

Reply #935336 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Earlier this year

I have watch most NBL OT's and it is not rare that any one team is completely omitted from discussion.

Reply #935337 | Report this post

TimX  
Earlier this year

The breakers are very rarely mentioned whereas Adelaide and Phoenix both of which have NO hope of qualifying get mentioned weekly as hard luck stories BS

Reply #935338 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

Q Anon - do you think Boti's reference to NZ having struggles and may not be around next year has feet to it?

Reply #935339 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Earlier this year

I certainly think there are some imminent challenges. Whether that stays long term and forces league intervention or not , I can only guess. Certainly odd that the Cuban Jnr had fled.

Reply #935340 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Earlier this year

He fled 2 years ago

Reply #935341 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

In any event, I always felt like breakers were strongly supported especially corporate wise.

I thought maybe there's an opportunity for better crowds/growth of engagement where I feel a second NZ team would assist that. I think that would be a game changer from a token NZ side in an Australian league to a legitimate Australia AND New Zealand league.

Reply #935342 | Report this post

EssenX  
Earlier this year

At the end of the day, it's an Australian league. Most fans are not interested in New Zealand. There’s no different to the Warriors in the NRL.

Overtime also has limited minutes to discuss a number of different issues. They can’t get through everything.

Sky ran a similar show in NZ with Casey Frank a season or two back, which would be where I’d expect a bigger Breakers focus.

Reply #935343 | Report this post

TimX  
Earlier this year

Matt Walsh has money issues.
Shawn Marion ( another part owner) has been in nz for the last 2 weeks? The rumour mill is rife in Auckland city.

Reply #935344 | Report this post

KET  
Earlier this year

"At the end of the day, it's an Australian league. Most fans are not interested in New Zealand."

I'm not a NZer so I won’t pretend to speak for what the engagement is, I just get the feeling that there could be a big shift in dynamic with a second side.

That would also put NZ as a big 4 region alongside NSW/VIC/Qld.

Living through the AFL perspective, I think we started feeling a shift from that token side in the VFL to true AFL when second sides like Port, Fremantle started rolling in.

Reply #935345 | Report this post

Anon  
Earlier this year

Happy Now TimX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zKY66DsXV4

Reply #935346 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Earlier this year

I heard petrol went up to 280 in NZ. I think the Breakers will struggle on flight costs. Financial struggles aren't going away.

Not sure how strong their corporate support is but I have a feeling the Breakers are in-trouble. Got a feeling the NBL will make sure Perth win with no means.

Reply #935352 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this year

NZ rosters for the last few seasons have been top dollar, sometimes you have to spend in your means.

Reply #935354 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two months ago

Two years of zero home games would've killed them.

Reply #935355 | Report this post

Kev  
Two months ago

Another Gold Coast team to go bust. That's what the NBL really needs

Reply #935356 | Report this post

TimX  
Two months ago

Thanks Anon or is that Liam

Reply #935360 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754