Dunkman
Two months ago

Bullets at breakers

Simple equation for both sides, win. So to finish breaker's season I’m thinking they will win comfortably. Good luck to both sides, hopefully a great contest.

Topic #51813 | Report this topic

RobT  
Two months ago

Yeah, I agree big for both.

I know that Lamb, NZ and Mitchell Bris are injured and out. Any others?

Reply #936341 | Report this post

RobT  
Two months ago

Didn't mean the NZ win. Think it will go either way, but it will be close.

Reply #936342 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Will be watching.

Thinking this will be close, pulling for a Breakers victory to punt Brisbane from the playoff picture. (Only for the daft hope that Bullets management will sit back, consider the roster and conclude "yeah this isn't good enough" and thus go about constructing a more robust playing group that will finally be an honest title contender.)

Would be cool to have Tom get a nice send-off also.

Reply #936345 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two months ago

This one is too close to call. Will really depend on how a few different guys go. If Cheatham and Rubstavicius get going, NZB wins. If Zikarsky plays a bit and protects the rim and Sobey it's not an absolute black hole then the Bullets win.

Reply #936346 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two months ago

NZ moving the ball well & sharing the scoring load in the first

Reply #936348 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Refs a bit whistle happy but overall reasonable start by both team. PJC is such a star, just got game.

Reply #936349 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Mathiang showing low iq again, foul followed by tech. 7.43 to go in second and three fouls.

Reply #936351 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Bullets imports leave a lot to be desired.

Reply #936352 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

My man Pineau on fire doing all team things, plus 17, best on court
PJC, 14p and 6a plus 16
Delaney and WMW also doing very well.

Brisbane are really very average, starting with their imports, but got some very average locals as well, most of them overhyped.

Reply #936353 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two months ago

Mathiang has been playing well of late and just lets himself and the team down with silly plays like that foul out near the sideline .
Easy to get caught up in the emotion but keep the effort up without fouling.

Reply #936354 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Yep.

Shannon Scott has been an absolute disaster for Brisbane, who were anticipating him being a league leading general running the ship. So disappointing that Wildcats discard Norton now starts ahead of him and plays the bulk of minutes at point. The huge concern for Brisbane is that Scot is on the book for another season.

Chris Smith was heralded as an outside gunner. Can shoot from spot ups but that's about it and teams have worked out how to limit his output.

Casey Prather is a shell of the dude who featured on three straight title teams years ago.

The slate needs to be wiped clean. If Bullets fans are fortunate, management will find a way to move Scott on.

Going to be particularly interesting if Sobey doesn't stay in town also. I'm not against this.

Reply #936355 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

How is that a double foul, Norton was hanging on PJC just grabbed him as he was falling.

Reply #936356 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Better 1/4 from bullets, refs trying to keep them in it.

Reply #936358 | Report this post

Ben  
Two months ago

Bullets received this significant output from their three imports tonight:

11 points | 7 rebounds | 3 assists.

A reminder this is a combined total from the THREE of them.

Whomp whomp.

Go Sydney.

Reply #936359 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Brisbane coaches have probably overachieved with that squad. In the end they fought hard but just lack top quality.

Delaney today was excellent, better than Cheatham who today defensively was average. Nz got some true quality, starting with PJC and WMW, plus some good blue collar workers. A good win in Adelaide and they will be fourth. They could cause trouble though I'm still not convinced on Maor getting subbing right.

Reply #936360 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Huge percentage booster. 4th looking very possible.

Reply #936361 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Bannan impressed me

Reply #936364 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

Bannon shot the lights out but defensively wasn't great. Imo McDaniel was there best

Reply #936367 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Yeah, Sam may not seem to score much but he's very much a glue guy and great to watch.

Reply #936368 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two months ago

Baynes contract has hamstrung Brisbane with import budget this season and last season.

Hopefully his contrast coming off the books can get Sobey some help.

Reply #936369 | Report this post

Maybe  
Two months ago

Sobey most like will need to leave before Bullets will be able to move to the top of the league . All the imports too plus Baynes must also be dropped. Sounds like another rebuild next season.

Reply #936372 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Thinking this will be close, pulling for a Breakers victory to punt Brisbane from the playoff picture. (Only for the daft hope that Bullets management will sit back, consider the roster and conclude "yeah this isn't good enough" and thus go about constructing a more robust playing group that will finally be an honest title contender.)

I feel for you.

Despite Sixers/GK getting all the spotlight your ownership plight is worse - it feels like they're absentee landlords who don't give a shit?

Baynes has to be one of the worst NBL contracts of all time.

Reply #936386 | Report this post

Cooked  
Two months ago

Are you serious - it was a double foul because he had grabbed Norton around the head. Fair call the double foul.

Reply #936388 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

Agree with above, solution is simple. Use Baynes' money on better imports. Upgrade Scott to a Miller/PJC/Adams level guard and they can be top 4. Zikarsky and Harrison will make a solid 5 man combo after another off-season.

Reply #936390 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

Can someone (other than perth supporters) pls tell me what cotton is better at than pjc to deserve mvp.

PJC has been consistently the best player in the league across all stats that lead to a team winning. Hands down

Even 3pt % is on par and pjc takes better options

Reply #936419 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

I'm with you, I think over the season total, PJC has slightly been better, no disrespect to Cotton though, he’s magnificent.

Reply #936421 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

Absolutely, cottons class in unquestionable. The fact that in one of his less productive seasons he's still a leading candidate for mvp says a lot.

But pjc has produced more, especially when injuries hit and the reliance on him increased

I really hope he stays in the league regardless of which team for

Reply #936431 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

This is not personally my 2 cents, this is what the punters are currently thinking

Reply #936433 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

So that's people betting on who will be picked. Not who they think should be picked. Correct?

Reply #936434 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two months ago

Laughable, unless they know something we don't

Reply #936435 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two months ago

PJC, Cotton and Clark been the best three through out the season imo.

Reply #936436 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

So that's people betting on who will be picked. Not who they think should be picked. Correct?

Correctamundo

Reply #936439 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

PJC, Cotton and Clark been the best three through out the season imo.

I agree. I think the top 4 of that odds list are the correct 4.
CG43 is trickier to rank because as good as he has been, he also has more competition for votes around him on his own team. But at least under the current voting system that factor doesn't hurt him as much as it would have at times in the past.

Reply #936440 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

The candidates fall off a cliff very quickly this season...

Start of the season I would've picked jaylen adams, Doyle and Hogg to be in the mix

Reply #936447 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two months ago

Cotton at 1.02 is a trap for mug punters to make them think it's a guaranteed 2% return.

Reply #936457 | Report this post

LV  
Two months ago

A stat came out a few games ago, Perth 16-2 when Cotton scores 15 or more and 0-7 when he doesn't.

Reply #936555 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two months ago

The candidates fall off a cliff very quickly this season...

After Mitch Creek, that is, right?

Reply #936556 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Two months ago

Ha ha, still waiting for you to point out which stats make cotton mvp! Oh wait... it'll be the intangibles!!

Reply #936558 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754