Patty"TheGOAT"Mills
Last month

Patty Mills waived by Atlanta Hawks

The Atlanta Hawks are waiving guard Patty Mills, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The 15-year veteran is shooting 38.2 percent from 3-point range in a limited role this season.

Topic #51840 | Report this topic

Q Anon  
Last month

Next stop Sydney

Reply #937150 | Report this post

LC  
Last month

I'd love to see him head to Europe to play out their season and get some big minutes ahead of Paris.

Reply #937155 | Report this post

Cram  
Last month

Yeah would definitely be good if he can get some real game time somewhere. I think more likely a contender adds him as a "break glass in case of emergency" option. Bucks would be a good spot, Boston too.

Reply #937157 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

If he ever joins the Kings I'll have to stop hating them.

This cannot happen.

Reply #937159 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

OK, "hate" was a strong word. But I'll have to stop barracking against them, and enjoying their missteps such as the 23-24 season.

Reply #937160 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

He should buy taipans or perhaps be a major investor. Perhaps Darwin.

Reply #937162 | Report this post

LC  
Last month

NBL is an option NEXT season. He needs to play before Paris and sitting on the end of a bench on a contending team in the NBA is not really what he needs. He needs playing time. Europe appears the logical choice.

Reply #937164 | Report this post

Cram  
Last month

From memory one of the appeals of Brooklyn to him was that his wife had some kind of connection to NY, so maybe the Knicks are an option too.

Reply #937165 | Report this post

bazza99  
Last month

I always thought he might spend his last season or two back at the spurs as a mentor for the younger guys

Reply #937178 | Report this post

Gazee  
Last month

Welcome back to the San Antonio ?

Reply #937203 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

I think NBL would be a safer option for him than Europe as far as court time goes. I could see him signing with a team like United again with them bringing him off the bench for 20-25mpg as a replacement for Clark's bench scoring role.

Reply #937205 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last month

I think it was Olgun a few months ago who said there was zero chance of Mills coming to the NBL anytime soon. Guess he doesn't have a lot of interest in moving away from the US at this point.

Reply #937207 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Pretty much the only chance of Patty coming back was if he was given some part of team ownership alongside his contract. Maybe different now that he's looking for a team, but I still wouldn't expect it.

Reply #937230 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

LaPark remembers correctly. Zero chance Patty returns to the NBL next season, if ever.

Reply #937242 | Report this post

Yup  
Last month

I think he'll be picked up, at the minimum for insurance.

Failing that ??

He could go G league - He just needs minutes, doesn’t really matter where...

In fact if a G league team picked him up and played him like FIBA Patty, that would get him a NBA contract pretty quickly!

Reply #937266 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last month

I wonder what he is thinking in a time like this, does he think to himself that he needs the court time for the Olympics so goes somewhere that he can get some decent court time. Or does he think NBA championship so joins a contender on a minimum deal.

Reply #937460 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Is there really an NBA championship team that wants Patty? I don't think there is. That's because he's not a 3-and-D player. He can't play defense. He's also not your typical point guard. He can't be trusted to handle the ball. Ultimately, playoff teams won't want him.
I thought the tanking Spurs would bring him in as a vocal leader, but they didn't want him either.
He won't be playing in the G League and the NBL season is over. All that's left is Europe, but I don't think he'll go there. He will likely end up ending his season without going to any team.

Reply #937474 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Patty had really ups and downs in the last World Cup. We can no longer expect anything fantastic from him.
He's a Boomers legend, but I don't think you should pick him if you're not ready. If he is selected, I think he should no longer be a starter and he should come off the bench.

Reply #937475 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last month

It's a Giddey/Green backcourt now.

Mills will take Goulding's role now, at best.

Reply #937485 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754