Kolzee
Last month

Breakers @ Hawks for play in 2 elimination

Hawks coming in off a pretty poor loss. Tatum scathing off the performance.

Breakers coming in low on troops but off a gutsy win and decent performance.

If hawks can get a reasonable performance out of harvey and Clark then it's theirs to lose I reckon.

The defence of cheatham, Mantas and leafas will be key to keeping the breakers in it

Topic #51841 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Last month

I'm expecting a competitive, close game that could go either way. Hawks healthy and in better overall form since Tatum stepped in, but the Breakers have PJC and enough pieces to get it done.

Reply #937158 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

NZ and PJC have "played their grand final". Hawks will regroup in front of their home crowd and get this done. I expect fight from the Breakers, but Hawks by 5-10 in the end.

Reply #937161 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last month

Breakers will be feeling confident after beating the Hawks in the final round of the regular season.
NZ have some banged up bodies so if they can rest and rehab they have a shot.
Finn Delaney needs to find his scoring touch and Mango needs to stay out of foul trouble like he did against Sydney.

Reply #937163 | Report this post

Kruger  
Last month

Big watch on Clark's fitness , that could be the difference

Reply #937208 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Just feel the season has stagnated, I'm not certain why we stop for fiba break when all players playing in it are out of finals, so many variables now on who can win. I think if breakers are not to banged up they can win it, better players and Maor subbed a lot smarter last game. NZ by three, should make hawks fans happy with how my tipping has been.

Reply #937234 | Report this post

Yup  
Last month

Yeah they've really cocked up the schedule here, 2 games on Wednesday and the next game on Monday!!

And this is coming off a FIBA brake!

It’s killing the momentum of the season, in a few weeks it’s gonna be like oh yeah x team win a title and no one will remember.

Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Friday, Game 3 Sunday with the playoffs starting Thursday- much cleaner schedule

Reply #937264 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

I'm not certain why we stop for fiba break
Because FIBA mandates it.

Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Friday, Game 3 Sunday with the playoffs starting Thursday- much cleaner schedule
Why bother with the play-in at all if you're going to have one team sitting at home for a week while another has to travel twice and gets one less day of recovery?

Reply #937269 | Report this post

Yup  
Last month

That's what you get for finishing 6th mr koberulz

Reply #937332 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

A shit TV product and a game nobody will buy tickets to?

Reply #937342 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last month

The Hawks are the favourites because they will play extremely hard at home and after their poor effort last game. But the Breakers can steal this. PJC will be wanting 40 this game and I don't know if there’s anyone on the Hawks who can slow him down. Mantas should be hungry to make up for almost costing the team dearly against the Kings.

Reply #937385 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

PJC could be his own worst enemy, he's got stop reaching in and stay out foul trouble, certainly with the home cooking that happens in nbl.

Reply #937387 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

I'm expecting the hawks to win but if cheatham, leafa and mantas can tighten the screws on harvey and Clark then they're in with a decent chance.

Mantas, delany and leafa need to jointly contribute at least 25 points at a decent efficiency too I think

Reply #937397 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Two soft calls on Mathiang already.

Reply #937404 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Like a few have already intimated, I feel this particular game has left a lot of interest and attention on the table compared to what would have been generated had the fixture been played yesterday.

Monday games are dumb.

Breakers look strange in green btw.

Reply #937407 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Mathiang is all at sea. They've got to trust pineau so cheatham can be utilized at PF

Hawks not doing anything flash, just good ball rotation and rebounding

Reply #937408 | Report this post

Hickey starting really set the tone. Hawks executing well and look a different team not having to deal with the Magnay factor in the paint.

Nice adjustments by Tatum.

Is Delany a marquee? I have never thought he was more than a solid role player but his game has regressed.

Reply #937409 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

14 to 6 on the boards in favour of hawks. Breakers just been in trouble getting boards all season.

Reply #937410 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Always thought the commentary led by Santa over hyped Delaney. Cheatham just does some dumb things.

Reply #937411 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

PJC, oh my, what a player. 42 all who'd have thought that at 1/4 time.

Reply #937413 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

A bit ominous for the hawks that the breakers can play that badly and go in level at the half.

Cheatham foul trouble could impact the result. I'd love to see him attack the hoop more though. Too often he's getting position then passing

Reply #937414 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Last month

Agree totally fan. Delaney has always been a role player with some XFactor. Probably 3rd best player on team at best. NBL Podcasts at the beginning of the season were talking about him as a franchise player. Completely overrated!

Reply #937418 | Report this post

LAKingsKempe  
Last month

Amazing amount of home cooking.

Reply #937419 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Really very good commentary tonight.

Reply #937420 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Excellent game, neither side probably deserves to lose this.

Reply #937421 | Report this post

Enjoying the contest. Breakers just keep finding a way back.

Reply #937422 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Froling completely underutilised that quarter. I'm not a massive fan of his but his smart play has caused cheatham and mathiang trouble. Surely they'll go to him in the 4th

Reply #937423 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

What a cracking game. John Casey and playoff basketball, one of the great combinations i

Reply #937424 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

Clark controlled that, should have been a shot clock violation.

Reply #937425 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

Gripping game. Breakers doing well considering WMW was out most of the game.

Reply #937426 | Report this post

LAKingsKempe  
Last month

Refs trying everything 4 the Hawks here.

Reply #937427 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last month

Straight cheating

Reply #937428 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Epic, magnificent, superb, all on a Monday night. I'm lost for words at present, oh my.

Reply #937429 | Report this post

LAKingsKempe  
Last month

Wow. Robinson at least 10.points from flops. Refs just decided that.

Reply #937430 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Enjoyed the commentary from Case! Too much Rucker overload lately though, had enough.

Reply #937431 | Report this post

Congrats Abercrombie on a sensational career.

Reply #937432 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

All commentary was very good, refs overall very good,
nz had to play better during the season to get home court advantage, just overall great game
Two assistant coaches to Tatum deserve some credit, there scouting of opponents has been first class, both ex kings. Tatum also very clever on the side lines.
Moady last few games with a shorter roster were also very good.
Congratulations to all players, it's horrible to lose so close finals but it was an epic.
Well done to Abercrombie, magnificent career right up to the last game.

Reply #937433 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

Agreed Kobe clearly caught it

Reply #937436 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Heart and soul Breakers, almost

Very scrappy game

Reply #937437 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Heart and soul Breakers, almost

Very scrappy game

Reply #937438 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

45 fouls and 38 turnovers, about what the eye test said. Damn. Not a great advertisement for the play-in overall, despite the tense, close contest and epic final quarter

Reply #937439 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

It was cracking game, you obviously didn't watch it, yes it had TO and fouls because it was ferocious.

Reply #937441 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Like a few have already intimated, I feel this particular game has left a lot of interest and attention on the table compared to what would have been generated had the fixture been played yesterday.

Monday games are dumb.

Agreed, I missed the game completely.

If the day isn't regularly used during the season then don't introduce it come playoff time.

What a bizarre empty weekend of fixtures, was the FIBA international break not enough?

To be fair it was a public holiday here today which threw me off but you're saying the same thing from a state where it wasn't.

Reply #937443 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

I watched it, there were some bad turnovers

Defense was at a high level but it was scrappy

In a nutshell, high energy, moderate skill

Reply #937445 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Moderate skill at the offensive end anyway

Reply #937446 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Rillie gets multiple opportunities now to adjust to Tatum, after not doing so during the regular season. Like.

Reply #937447 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Err okay that was my wishful thinking overriding the fact they face the JackJumpers after Wednesday's result. Carry on.

Reply #937448 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Tight game but the quality was pretty awful. Way too many unforced turnovers.

I suspect this will be evidenced by hawks getting a pummeling from MU.

I can only see an MU v JJ final but hopefully the cats v JJs series provides some decent viewing

Breakers season really was hamstrung by what proved to be poor roster decisions then injuries. Delany and mathiang most obviously. I think had Jessup stayed fit he would've been the same. It was the lamb signing that resurrected the season really.

Reply #937449 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

I'm tipping United sweeps Hawks

Hawks haven't been at their best in these play-ins

JJ's not as confident but wouldn't be surprised if they swept Perth

Reply #937451 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

It should be a sweep, but then the Hawks shouldn't even be here at this point, so who knows. Always a bit iffy how the extra time off will impact a team, especially Game 1. Hawks are really going to need to punch United in the mouth game 1 to have a chance.

Good season from NZ all things considered and sad to see a legend like Abercrombie leave the game.

Reply #937453 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

United vs JJs or Cats but ultimately United win it all.

Reply #937481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754