Dunkman
Last month

Cats @ JJs 2nd semi

Should be another good game in what has been a fantastic finals so far. Can cats back up the Perth win, I doubt it, JJs by 12.

Topic #51864 | Report this topic

Ben  
Last month

I think Jacks will feed off the ravenous crowd. Closer margin of 3 or 4 points though.

Reply #937934 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last month

Not sure cats can win this even without Lee.

Reply #937944 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

I believe it is > 2 years since the Cats won in Tassie.

(Not that I think we're incapable of winning tonight, but I can see why the JJs are firm favourites)

Reply #937946 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last month

Oh no, not Lowry :(

Reply #937947 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

Big game like this and they've got that hack Lowery on mic. Oh dear.

Reply #937948 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Wow that's weak sauce.

Reply #937949 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

Man it's nearly boiling over already in the first quarter...

Electric atmosphere

Reply #937953 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Exactly, why Lowery. Crowd having an influence here,

Reply #937954 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Doolittle is gun, JJs D has been horrible, Pinder is JJs heads.

Reply #937956 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Loving how rabid this crowd is.

Reply #937957 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

JJs been crap but only trail by eight, game on. Perth been very good. Monday night and the place is ripping.

Reply #937960 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Commentary when driving dives on a glancing loose arm from cotton, well soft but there. When cotton goes down with more contact, still an exaggeration, there is too much diving. Ffs don't be so bias, if it's good for one it's good for the other.

Reply #937962 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last month

Magnay on 3 fouls with 3:30 left in the 2nd.
Very hard for Tassie from here on

Reply #937963 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Easier if Pinder's night is done though.
Wonder if he copped one in the same spot as his previous eye socket injury.

Reply #937964 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

3 fouls for Doyle and Magnay.

Pinder is such a mystery, I wonder what's wrong?

Reply #937965 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last month

That's what I'm thinking Luuuc, as there's seemingly nothing else that could be making him look so uncomfortable based on the replays.
Hopefully thats not the case for him.

Reply #937966 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Sarr taking over very nicely from Pinder.

Reply #937967 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Yeah, Sarr has been solid. Impressively composed so far.

Reply #937968 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last month

Fun seeing all these ex-Taipans out there.

Pinder
Harris
Deng
Krslovic
Steindl

Reply #937971 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Perth clearly been better, the fat lady isn't singing yet. The commentators been very average, Santa included. The MVP does get a few calls but it makes up for the ones he does not, how does he continue for 40 minutes, game in and out with the bashing he gets. Usher made some horrible reads, kept JJs in it. Good game and the crowd is unbelievable.

Reply #937972 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Why won't the commentary complain about how sof that call on doolittle was? Seriously same contact on bc where you made a song and dance about it...

Reply #937973 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

Sarrs screens are terrible

Reply #937974 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Difference between that on pinder and when mcveigj dropped cottonn earlier ????

Reply #937975 | Report this post

Drexler  
Last month

Im not a ref and i realise its a fast game but the amount of contact that gets you to the line varies from absolutely none to being mid air clotheslined play by play - for both teams. Always has always will be, the NBL!

Reply #937976 | Report this post

Just  
Last month

That wasn't a foul from usher, that was just really bad defence.

Reply #937977 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

Did the ref say contact on the legs?

Reply #937978 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

Another great game to watch

Reply #937979 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Pinder better get to his previous game standard or it all JJs.

Reply #937980 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Ref's to the rescue, absolutely nothing wrong with the d from wags and dollitlle, had position and just standing upright, but red of the year is seeing fouls...

Reply #937981 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

You just shouldn't be calling those fouls on Wagstaff and Doolittle in the 4th quarter of a playoff game

Reply #937982 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

Technically blocks as the defender moved late but soft contact compared to other no calls in the game

Reply #937983 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

One way traffic on the boards atm

Reply #937984 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

But no foul called when sarr clearly hit on the shot... steindl three the other way. 7-0 run to the ref's. This is why the league is a joke. The periods of impossible inconsistency that favours one team just ruins a game.

Reply #937985 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

Magnay bullying Sarr, too strong and physical

Reply #937986 | Report this post

BG  
Last month

Have they announced when a game 3 would be? Surely it doesn't clash with the WNBL Finals game 2 on Thursday in Perth

Reply #937987 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Wednesday

Reply #937988 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last month

5 fouls to zip in the 4th, all soft as butter

Reply #937990 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Magnay grabs Webster's shirt hand in the backnon the goal tend layup no call. Seriously nbl better give perth the win game 3 cause that's all this quarter has been for tas. Absolutely ruined any game that was at play

Reply #937991 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Sook it up all you want but the JJs have outplayed the Cats

Reply #937992 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

6 or 7 fouls to 0 in the last quarter.....

Reply #937993 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last month

If i was a referee i would soooo be gambling on games i officiate in to get extra money on the side.
Who would ever catch you?

Reply #937994 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

agreed tassie executing better, need pinder firing if it goes to game 3

Reply #937995 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Anon super-quiet when the questionable ones go the Cats' way I've noticed

Reply #937996 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Well all the calls this quarter have gone one way. Most of the game was reasonably consistently avg. 4th has been a complete one way ride. Doyles check on Webster at mid court can't not be a foul in a game of basketball

Reply #937997 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

This ad placement would have been epic... two weeks ago.

Reply #937998 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last month

Its almost like the league wants to series to go to game 3 to maximise revenue.
Company men

Reply #937999 | Report this post

Maybe  
Last month

Has Deng managed tonight to convince the JJ's that he is worth a bench spot next season?

Reply #938001 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Ref's took care of pinder. Tas played well, no doubt but they should have had one of Doyle or magnay fouled out to match pinder getting the treatment. 6 or 7 fouls to 0 to power them to the lead in the 4th. For mine it ruined the game, tas executed better, may have still won, but at least it would have been worth watching a game of basketball. This was soft free throw procession all one way to get them the lead in the 4th. If perth loses I can deal, happy to be most critical on my team. That didn't feel like the players controlled the outcome, which has been this leagues problem year after year game after game. Soft as crap calls on perth, and an absence of soft as crap calls on tas all last quarter while it mattered.

Reply #938002 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

Wildcats stopped being able score easily in the second half. That wasn't refs.

Reply #938003 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

For some reason there are people who just refuse to give credit where it is clearly due.
JJs cleaned up their messy early game (I wonder if they were a little too hyped up in the early going) and played smarter & harder basketball the rest of the way. And that was without Lee, and with Crawford doing SFA.

Reply #938004 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

JJs to good, Deng very good, Doyle obviously great, McDonald very good. Cotton closed down well after the half though never got a call. Cats been very good but Usher to hot and cold, Pinder likewise. Cats also lack a rebounding defensive four, Harris and Wagstaff toil hard but don't get it done. Doolittle fantastic in the three.

I can see a three v four GF, both united and cats lose at home.

Reply #938005 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last month

LOL Perth had 1 FT the ENTIRE 2nd half
Look, the NBL is a business and they just want revenue and the best way to do that is to get more game 3s
Just deal with the reality

Reply #938006 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

I can see a three v four GF, both united and cats lose at home.

It's definitely possible, this post season has been tight.

Reply #938009 | Report this post

Knockdown3  
Last month

I don't understand why JR didn't run some plays for Saar in the low post in the 4th.
Get him to look to score (& get Magnay in foul trouble), and or pass out from the post to some cutters or kickout for a 3.
Was worth a try. Nothing else was happing inside for them offensively.

Reply #938010 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

Jacket, referees gambling, you have no idea that they all work together. All email accounts, gambling accounts are monitored. Officials on and off court, (including players) cannot bet on any form of basketball ( including NBA). So you my friend are alone in the gambling stakes .

Reply #938011 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last month

What a pickup Usher was for the Cats. Real champion he is.....

Reply #938012 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last month

Sebastian.
Not saying they are gambling.
All i am saying is Tim Donaghy gambled on games he officiated on for years and ONLY got caught by pure accident by the FBI.
The NBA has absolutely no clue and imagine the resources they have compared to everyone else.

Reply #938013 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

No, i acknowledged tas improved their play, thay may have won in any case. But 20 fta to 1 in the first and second half with an almost identical shot chart is statistically highly unlikely. Factor in 7 or 8 fouls all on perth with 0 on Tasmania, again statistically this is highly unlikely to occur, I think most would agree tas were not perfect. But alas they weren't penalised. We will go to game 3 where perth will get the same treatment Tas got and everyone will complain about Perths home cooking.... funny how it works

Reply #938014 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Ah Look another BS post by Jacket and another whinging post by anon.

Reply #938015 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Is that how you want to see games called anon? Cause if the answer is yes then criticise away, if thebanswer is no then the "whinge" is warranted.

Reply #938016 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Last month

I feel that any chance in that game for Perth was lost in those few minutes at the start of the 4th when we had both Websters on and no Sarr or Pinder. Got absolutely smashed. A baffling rotation

Reply #938017 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

Have they announced when a game 3 would be? Surely it doesn't clash with the WNBL Finals game 2 on Thursday in Perth
The WNBL game was initially Wednesday, once the Lynx made it through it was moved to Thursday specifically to avoid a potential clash with this game three on Wednesday.

Reply #938019 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last month

Next year I'm betting on the NBL semis for sure.

Whoever wins game 1, I'm backing the other side game 2.

Always 3 games by the looks of it

Reply #938020 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

Donaghy was 17 years ago dumb arse. Not only does the digital age make it more difficult but all the betting agencies are aligned with the league. And yes, you are implying that they are gambling you douche

Reply #938021 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

How low will the crowd be on a two day turnaround for what is traditionally the weakest phase of the playoffs attendance wise.

Reply #938022 | Report this post

DR  
Last month

That coaches challenge on the ghost foul is a embarrassment for the ref involved . Why is he blowing his whistle on that . Should be stood down for game 3 . Btw the 6 refs doing these finals it's a boys club

Reply #938023 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Incredible post-season so far

Reply #938025 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Yeah good question PW

I was just thinking to myself, can't wait for Wednesday night, these two games might be epic! The only problem is.... it's a Wednesday night.

Reply #938026 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Play-ins: Wednesday, Wednesday, Monday.

SF1: Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday.
SF2: Friday, Monday, Wednesday.

Reply #938028 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Last month

Deliberately avoiding footy?

Reply #938030 | Report this post

Beach Baller  
Last month

Nothing funnier than sooking Wildcats fans
They are the Collingwood fan of the NBL!

Reply #938032 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last month

JJs should change their initials to HH..Head Hunters

Reply #938036 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

Hey DR if not for these 6 who in your opinion should be working finals on the whistle?

Reply #938039 | Report this post

Baller  
Last month

Perth world I think game 3 is 50/50 between wildcats jack jumpers. But I think in the other one the hawks absolutely have United's number they dominated the first game and should have won that series should be over already

Reply #938041 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

The refs overall have been ok, it's just the few howlers they miss, plus a little bit of inconsistency. It’s a very difficult job, easy to see on tv and replays.

Reply #938043 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Last month

McVeigh and Doyle essentially won the game. Compounding perths lost is Pinder looks injured or concussed.

Reply #938054 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Perth world I think game 3 is 50/50 between wildcats jack jumpers. But I think in the other one the hawks absolutely have United's number they dominated the first game and should have won that series should be over already

Agreed.

Odds are currently:

MEL 1.33 3.77 ILL
PER 1.93 1.95 TAS

More conservatively in terms of a bet the handicap for ILL is set at +7.5 for an almost even money return. Hmmm.

Reply #938087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:13 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754