Peter
Last month

Adelaide recruiting

This article says Adelaide are in talks with Cleveland to return and there is interest from both sides.

https://nbl.com.au/news/adelaide-chases-star-signing

I think this is great news, but am concerned with the wording (or lack of) where DJ said management consult him with any player signings and he his in regular contact with ownership and front office. No issue with players using contacts to reach out to recruit, but Scott Ninnis is not mentioned anywhere in the process.

Surely he has a major say in recruitment and the type of team being built, so hoping it's just a grab of DJ answering a different direct question taken a bit out of context.

Would be happy for AC to return though, particularly if other rumour about top local PG happens. Seem to be building well

Topic #51880 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Last month

Sounds like they are aiming for

Humphries
? Import
Cleveland
Vasiljevic
McDowell-White

Reply #938397 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

Do we think the below would be top 4 competitive?

Humphries/defensive option - import like Lee?
Galloway/Starling
Cleveland/Marshall
Vasiljevic/Dech
McDowell-White/Cadee

Reply #938417 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last month

I'm slightly amused that you guys think MW would want to leave a club where has
1) proven coach who helped elevate his game (injuries a problem this year) to work in progress coach.
2) team that has consistently been in the title hunt over a cellar dweller
They would have to pay overs to get him to move but think they already done that with DJ.

Reply #938421 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Last month

yeah I thought McDowell White was pretty happy in NZ. Didnt Perth try to get him previously as well?

Reply #938438 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last month

Just seems to be the rumour re WMW, but if we cant get him, they will probably keep Kell or get another import, so either way should have a good player in that spot

Reply #938442 | Report this post

Dorito  
Last month

I thought Adelaide were wanting to instal a GM? I wonder where that is at?

Also re WMW, isn't anyone concerned about his continual run of injuries? Seems like he spends equal amounts of time on and off the court?

Reply #938444 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Injuries happen, some guys unluckier than others. You would not take him if available. Imo he'll end up in Brisbane, not certain he finished season that happy in nz.

Reply #938455 | Report this post

Yup  
Last month

WMW didn't look too happy coming off the bench...

Reply #938496 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last month

"Do we think the below would be top 4 competitive?

Humphries/defensive option - import like Lee?
Galloway/Starling
Cleveland/Marshall
Vasiljevic/Dech
McDowell-White/Cadee"

I'd be reasonably happy with that team KET. If I had to improve on it, I would go for an elite import instead of WMW in the point guard spot. WMW is a good player, but in that lineup, it would all fall on Cleveland to be the closer in a tight game.

The other issue is that the team needs more outside shooting. The problem would be finding a spot for them if Cadee, Dech, Marshall and Starling are all retained, but I think it would be interesting to see if Hyun-jeun Lee could be lured away from Illawarra.

Reply #938534 | Report this post

Peter  
Last month

Adelaide have appointed new basketball GM, Matt Weston, which is needed.

Hopefully he still has lots of contacts overseas including NBA. Will hopefully help in getting the right imports

https://www.adelaide36ers.com/news/weston-signs-as-gm-of-basketball-operations

Reply #938671 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last month

For those wondering what he did for the Spurs, he was the Head of Scouting in Asia.

Seems he's got a lot of experience in and out of basketball, but we'll see what happens. Can't be any worse than the decision making trio that got us the CJ teams.

Reply #938673 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

So the Sixers have gone from JvG to nobody to this guy (who we can't mention?). Such a bipolar club.

Reply #938682 | Report this post

Peter  
Last month

Why was my post deleted? Because I named someone who was named in a press release and said they are doing a job that the press release announces?

Reply #938684 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Agreed, it doesn't make sense.

Reply #938690 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last month

Why was my post deleted?
Someone might've sin-binned it accidentally.

Reply #938813 | Report this post

Tornado  
Last month

I don't get the hype around WMW, not sure he excels at any 1 thing and he is often injured. I'd rather they spend the money on an import for that role.

Reply #938815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754