Patty"TheGOAT"Mills
Last month

Who will be the Boomers scorer at the Paris Olympics?

The most worrying part about the Paris Olympics is the lack of a three-level scorer. There is no player who can ISO at a critical moment.

Patty is one of the best Boomers scorers of all time, but we can't expect more from him. He had very ups and downs in the last Basketball World Cup and is currently recording the worst shooting efficiency of his career.

NBA - 26G 3.3PTS (FG 33.3%, 3P 29.2%)

Last 5 Games

vs DEN
2PTS (FG 1-6 16.7%, 3P 0-3)

vs DET
0PTS (FG 0-4, 3P 0-3)

vs DET
1PTS (FG 0-4, 3P 0-4, FT 1-1)

vs PHI
3PTS (FG 1-6 16.7%, 3P 1-5 20%)

vs CLE
10PTS (FG 3-11, 3P 1-8, FT 3-3)

Total 3.2PTS (FG 5-31 16.13%, 3P 2-23 8.6%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goulding is one of the best players in the NBL, but like Patty, he is older and slower on his feet and is a simple catch-and-shooter in FIBA Ball. Although DJV is young, he is similar to Goulding. And DJV showed a very disappointing performance in the Basketball World Cup qualifiers. I had high hopes for Proctor, a promising player, but he is still too young and showed a very disappointing performance in the NCAA this season.
Giddey, Exum, Green, etc. are good role players, but they cannot ISO at critical moments.

In the end, we were quickly eliminated from the last Basketball World Cup because the prime time for Patty, the only three-level scorer, ended.

If the three-level scorer issue is not resolved, it will be difficult for us to win even one victory at the Paris Olympics.

Topic #51901 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last month

NBA stats and FIBA dont always translate. I think the world cup just proved that this team is not ready to move away from Patty yet. He should have one last tournament as the main guy.

Reply #938906 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

The stats don't always match up, but it's true that this season has been the worst efficiency of his career. He has never been this inefficient. There is no denying that he was the Boomers' best player. He was still the Boomers' best scorer in the last World Cup, but he was ups and downs from quarter to quarter and had disappointing results in the clutch, so we shouldn't rely too much on him now. I want him to play as a sixth man.

Reply #938908 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Last month

I agree GOAT, Patty as 6th man just makes sense. If he is our no 1 option, we are not making it out of the group stage. Ingles should also not be starting anymore IMO, although he has been more serviceable this season.

I struggle to see this team going very far, as I agree we just lack the scoring options to fall back on.

Reply #938915 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

We'll be relying on Giddey to run the offense and open everything up for others

Like the role Ricky Rubio played for Spain for 15 years

We may not have a dominant scorer but Giddey can open the door for a well rounded team offense

Reply #938917 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last month

Plenty of P&R with Giddey and Landale, something we didnt get to see at the FIBA Championships due to Landales injury.

Reply #938918 | Report this post

Cram  
Last month

Yeah I imagine the ball in Giddey's hands with everyone else out there spacing the floor. Green, Dante, Thybule (on a good day), Ingles Landale, Reath etc.

With Mills as the 6th man, maybe on a second unit with Daniels, Cooks/White etc

Reply #938919 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

The players I was most worried about this season were Landale and Patty.
Fortunately, Landale's efficiency continues to improve. I hope Patty finds his good rhythm as much as possible during the remaining period.

Reply #938933 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last month

I think whether we like it or not, it's probably going to be Giddey distributing to others as well as scoring. It was a maligned campaign last time, but he still scored 19 PPG and his FG% was good even if the 3P wasn't. Then Mills off the bench. Ingles needs to shoot the three or I'm not sure what he's there for.

Reply #938940 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Last month

Agree with Baller #3. Patty could work with second unit but we need to limit his and Joe's minutes based on performance, not on history. I still like Goulding as a shooter but Goorj has no idea what he is doing so he would be wasted again. Exum and Giddey are our key players. I am also high on taking 3 bigs Magnay, Reath and Landale with Landale able to play the 4 at times with one of the other 2 at centre. I was OK with not taking Delly to the Worlds but I almost think he is a better player now than he was last year so could have a role if we break down at the point.

Reply #938949 | Report this post

threeball  
Last month

Giddey / Delly / Green
Exum / Mills / Goulding
Thybulle/ Ingles
Landale / White
Reath / Magnay

Last cuts: Kay, Cooks, DJV

Starting unit has solid, but not elite, shooting. Second has more synergy in terms of the old Boomers core, while White and Magnay give some athleticism.

You could swap Dante and Patty in terms of starting - but Mills and Giddey didn't seem to mesh well at the WC, plus Exum shores up the defensive chops in the backcourt with Thybulle. If you want more offense and playmaking, slot Joe into the starting unit in place of Matisse.

I think you’ll need to have a look at DJV as he is the next best shooter to Goulding. But he hasn't set the world on fire at international level and Goulding is coming off a very good season.

It’ll come down to training camp in terms of which one of White, Kay and Cooks do best. Marginally giving to White at the moment as Kay looked a step slow at the WC and he’s a better shooter than Cooks.

Delly gets the nod for his playmaking, solid outside shooting, defense and experience at this level. With Daniels and Simmons out, it opens the door for him.

Reath and Landale are interchangeable at 4 and 5, both have the ability to also space the floor, Duop more so.

Reply #938952 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

Just saw a few minutes of Magic v Pelicans, which included Ingles.

Chair 1, Jingles 0.

He should not be going to Paris, sorry to say.

Reply #938956 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Travers should be there ahead of Thybulle, great at both ends. Travers has been fantastic inGF

Reply #938966 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Patty's Last 6 Games

vs DEN
2PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET
0PTS (FG 0-4 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET
1PTS (FG 0-4 / 3P 0-4 / FT 1-1)

vs PHI
3PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 1-5)

vs CLE
10PTS (FG 3-11 / 3P 1-8 / FT 3-3)

vs NOP
4PTS (FG 2-7 / 3P 0-4)

Total (FG 7-38 18.4% / 3P 2-27 7.4%)

----------------------------------------

Miami gave Patty plenty of opportunities. Miami no longer has time to wait for Patty. It wouldn't be surprising if Miami waived him today. Maybe from the next game he won't be able to play anymore. Could his shooting efficiency improve?

Reply #939024 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Patty Mills - 27G, 3.4PTS (FG 33% / 3P 27.5%)

Reply #939030 | Report this post

mangiaMangia  
Last month

Yeah, Goulding's not shining like he used to, and the young guns aren't filling the void either. We're seriously missing someone who can step up when it counts. Without that clutch factor, our chances at the Paris Olympics don't look too promising.

Reply #939038 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Goulding been great in the finals and most season, opsm might help.

Re Kay v Cooks, check out their stats in the b league, Kay is far superior in all areas, Cooks free throws and three point attempts are not even nbl1 level.

As I previously voiced my opinion, get a decent squad together at let them duel it out on the court and take the best.

Reply #939047 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

I believe that neither Kay nor Cooks should be selected for the final roster for the upcoming Olympics. But Goorj will choose both.

Reply #939049 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last month

Under Goorj...

Mills
Dellevedova
Goulding or Vasiljevic
Exum
Green
Daniels or Thybulle or Galloway
Giddey
Ingles
Cooks
Kay or White or Travers or Magnay
Reath
Landale

Reply #939050 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last month

I would rather see Magnay in definitely ahead of Cooks, maybe not ahead of Kay because Jack White has been pretty poor in the G League this year. Don't think he's ready for regular back up minutes just yet.

IMO start Duop at the 4 alongside Landale, Kay as the backup 4. Magnay backup 5.

Reply #939051 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last month

Giddey/Delly
Mills/Exum/Goulding
Ingles/Thybulle
Reath/Kay
Landale/Magnay

Then either Daniels, Cooks or White

Reply #939054 | Report this post

JT  
Last month

There won't be a big-time scorer. We will be as clunky as the World Cup because Goorjian is too stubborn and/or unimaginative to change it. We will get bundled out in the group stage.

Reply #939065 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Last month

Totally agree with JT, there's no scorer we can hitch the wagons to, unless Patty has a couple of flashbacks to 10 years ago, and the near impossibility of Goulding getting a decent chance. Landale should have a decent scoring night every now and then, but constantly banging bodies on both ends will take its toll.
Teams have seen OKC all year and what to do against Giddey. He'll have much more of a green light, maybe that pressure being taken off may help. If not it's packing the paint and hoping Reath, Green, Thybulle etc can shoot enough threes.
GLeague wouldn't have suited White, most are there to show off their wares which isn't his game. Simply for his Olympic chances he would have been better off in the NBL.
And I'm still standing by Cooks will make it purely by signing with Sydney and Brian, he looks after his boys.

Reply #939075 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Giddey, Delly
Green, Mills, Goulding
Exum, Travers
Reath, Kay
Landale, Magnay
Inglis probably gets last spot, I'd take White or whatever performs well in the camp, perhaps DJV.

Reply #939104 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last month

The Olympics are going to be tough for us, and there's no escaping we're a team in transition. For the Boomners to medal we need a last hurrah from Patty Mills where he winds back the clock. I don't really see it. We will be capably assisted by Exum, Green, Reath, Landale but if Patty isn't firing we're going to struggle to make the top 8.

We all saw McVeigh's shot today. Sometimes one shot can change a lot of things. it was one shot that propelled Michael Jordan up the NBA draft board. All I am saying is in a choice for a bench shooter role, a taller, stronger, younger, more energetic and defensively capable McVeigh sounds better than an aging Goulding who brings only one skillset and not enough of anything else to warrant court time.

Delly has made some big mistakes in the Finals series but has shown enough to put his name back in the mix.

My team:

Giddey
Mills
Ingles (form or not, he makes it)
Reath
Landale
Exum
Green
Thybulle
Magnay
Delly
McVeigh
Cooks

Reply #939107 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

In the three GF games McVeigh is minus 18

Travers is plus 7 in a losing side.

Yes McVeigh can hit winners and has improved miles but Travers is a better overall player. Vickerman has Travers on the bench to long, as soon as he hits the bench McVeigh starts scoring. Neither can play the four at international level, to small.

Reply #939108 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last month

The Boomers prospects really rest on who or what comes out of the qualifiers. i think Spain - Greece or Slovenia should. Spain is in a similar spot as Australia as theyre in transition so I think that game could go either way. Slovenia and Greece are both one-man bands. Not saying theyre not talented teams but they can be managed.

My prediction is we do win at least one pool game and make our way through to the top 8. But from then on, we run a high risk of facing USA, France, Serbia or Germany in the quarterfinals. I think we'll have a better team than we had at the Cup just because we expect to have Landale and hopefully a Magnay type off the bench to help a bit with our size troubles. But even the most ardent Boomers fan would not call us favourites in any of those games. This team needs to gel and find great synergy and fighting spirit to punch above its weight for anything beyond a quarterfinal exit.

Reply #939110 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

Magnay is a must for Paris, Delly should go based on current form and competitiveness.

I don't agree that Travers should replace NBA guys like Thybulle or Daniels for Paris. Travers’ time will come after Paris, when some will retire or be dropped from consideration.

Reply #939118 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Joe Ingles - 2 October 1987 (age 36)

Patty Mills - 11 August 1988 (age 35)

Chris Goulding - 24 October 1988 (age 35)

Matthew Dellavedova - 8 September 1990 (age 33)

Nick Kay - 3 August 1992 (age 31)

Folks, the Olympics don't happen once a year or once every two years. It's once every four years. The old veteran players' dedication and love for the Boomers is truly amazing and I am grateful.
But if all these players are included in the final roster, can the Boomers win a medal? If it were possible to win a medal, I would have every player on the roster, but most basketball fans know that winning a medal is difficult.

I think at most two of the five veterans should be included in the final roster for the Paris Olympics.

Reply #939129 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

We are not winning a medal in Paris

Reply #939130 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last month

With four year Olympic cycles it really is hard to blood anyo0ne for anything. Obviously there's the world cup the year before but I've always believed you put results now ahead of the future unless there is no way we can compete today.

I am not sure we're at a point where we cant compete. All we have to judge this on is a world cup where we were missing a starting centre. I can say we will be underdogs but I am not sure we throw the towel in and use this olympics as a changeover. A lot of the key guys for 2028 are likely already in and around the team.

Reply #939134 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Can Landale and Reath be on the floor together? Will Goorj use those two together?
In last year's warm-up game, he didn't use those two together. Landale played as a starter and Reath played as a bench player.

Reply #939137 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Patty's Last 7 Games

vs DEN
2PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET
0PTS (FG 0-4 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET

vs PHI
3PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 1-5)

vs CLE

vs NOP
4PTS (FG 2-7 / 3P 0-4)

vs CLE
10PTS (FG 4-8 / 3P 2-5)

Total (FG 11-46 23.9% / 3P 4-32 12.5%)

28G, 3.6PTS (FG 34.2% / 3P 28.4%)

Patty's efficiency has increased slightly today.

Reply #939168 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Last month

Like last time, start with the last roster and talk about what changes from there.

Giddey
Mills
Thybulle
Kay
Reath

Exum
Green
Daniels
Goulding
Ingles
White
Cook

1st obvious change is Landale is coming in
2nd is I think Green wit start at Mills expense. This also won't be a straight swap, but Mills will have a role which makes Goulding redundant.

It could be that simple, Landale for Goulding and go with 5 bigs.

Green starting off guard, Daniels (if fit) as replacement for the role, Mills injected for points. I can't think of a replacement there is Daniels is unfit... it might bring Delly back into the team..

Cook and White will be under pressure, I think Magnay has put forward the most compelling case. I would suggest Cooks is more at risk, but camp will sort this out.

After this NBA season, Landale and Reath will get plenty of minutes, so maybe not.

Yeah, Landale returning for Goulding, and a change of roles at the 2 spot might be it.

Reply #939170 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

It seems like Patty has lost confidence in his 3-point shooting.
He didn't attempt a 3-pointer in a wide-open situation, attempted a drive-in, and the offense ended up failing. We're seeing quite a few situations like this this season.

Reply #939285 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Patty's Last 8 Games

vs DEN
2PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET
0PTS (FG 0-4 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET

vs PHI
3PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 1-5)

vs CLE

vs NOP
4PTS (FG 2-7 / 3P 0-4)

vs CLE
10PTS (FG 4-8 / 3P 2-5)

vs GSW
2PTS (FG 1-5 / 3P 0-2)

Total (FG 12-51 23.5% / 3P 4-34 11.7%)

29G, 3.6PTS (FG 33.6% / 3P 27.6%)

Reply #939296 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Last month

Patty is cooked but I'd still pick him in the Olympics squad. Real worry is if he's not scoring, who will take up the load.

Reply #939297 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last month

Patty 17 points in 27 mins...

Reply #939510 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Last month

Patty's Last 9 Games

vs DEN
2PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET
0PTS (FG 0-4 / 3P 0-3)

vs DET

vs PHI
3PTS (FG 1-6 / 3P 1-5)

vs CLE

vs NOP
4PTS (FG 2-7 / 3P 0-4)

vs CLE
10PTS (FG 4-8 / 3P 2-5)

vs GSW
2PTS (FG 1-5 / 3P 0-2)

vs POR
17PTS (FG 5-8 / 3P 2-5)

Total (FG 17-59 28.8% / 3P 6-39 15.3%)

30G, 4PTS (FG 35.5% / 3P 28.4%)

Reply #939511 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last month

Patty's last 9 games:

v Georgia
19pts (6/12, 3/8)

v Slovenia
17pts (5/13, 3/4)

v Japan
11pts (4/13, 1/6)

v Germany
21pts (9/14, 3/5)

v Finland
25pts (11/22, 2/8)

v Slovenia
42pts (15/31, 4/15)

v USA
15pts (5/14, 3/5)

v Argentina
18pts (7/15, 3/4)

v Germany
24pts (9/23, 5/15)

Reply #939521 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last month

I am not too worried about Patty's shooting woes this far out from the Olympics. All it takes is a couple of good games to turn that around. There's no doubt he'll get his shots with the Boomers and I am confident they will begin to fall at about the clip we're used to. it pays to remember that he's on a new team playing a new role and it's not always easy to make that adjustment mentally. Patty CAN shoot and shooters invariably find their form again at some point.

Delly and McVeigh make this team if we're putting stock on the NBL finals. Id put both ahead of Dyson Daniels who, while he has a lot of potential, doesn't have much of a point of difference to players like Exum, Thybulle and Green who all provide a more mature version of what he's got. McVeigh takes Goulding's spot for me and White drops off the team. Magnay should take Kay's spot.

Reply #939523 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

For mine:
- Landale in for Cooks.
- Delly in for Dyson Daniels.
- Magnay in for Jack White.
- McVeigh/Goulding compete at camp for the last spot as a shooter off the bench.

Reply #939637 | Report this post

hoopie  
Earlier this month

Landale, Delly, Magnay and McVeigh in, as you suggested MM

Reply #939640 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this month

Cooks is not missing out, in good form at present with Mooney not playing lately.

Reply #939645 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Earlier this month

Cooks signed in Sydney and Goorjian ALWAYS takes care of his guys. I would have said Cooks was a bubble guy bu after that signing, he's a lock. You can bet on it.

Reply #939647 | Report this post

MaxM  
Earlier this month

I know he will almost certainly be selected, I was just putting forward my personal selections.

Don't think you can use Cooks' current form as any guide for selection, yes he will be in camp but from there it's just if he performs in camp.
Has had a good recent few games, but overall has been fairly average in a Japanese league where most nights he has a clear athletic or size advantage. Compare him to a John Mooney or Nick Kay.

If we're going off B-League form, Nick Kay would be the first player picked for the Boomers which we all know is far from the truth

Reply #939651 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Earlier this month

Agree on Kay, you are probably right re the b league on both Cooks and quality.

Reply #939655 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Earlier this month

With Miami's injured players returning, Patty is DNP for the fourth straight game.

Reply #939980 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Earlier this month

The problem with comparing B League to the Olympics isn't just the quality of the competition but the size. Big guys often find it easier to match up with big guys than with a bunch of guards or undersized but quick guys, this is why his results may not reflect what he can do in the Olympics.

Reply #939981 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Earlier this month

If I had to choose between Cooks and Kay, I would choose Cooks. If Patty was the Boomers' core like in the past, I would have chosen Kay, but since the Boomers' core is Giddey now, I think a faster and more athletic player is better.

Reply #939983 | Report this post

Patty"TheGOAT"Mills  
Earlier this month

If White had played in the NBL instead of the G League, he might have been a lock.

Reply #939984 | Report this post

RobT  
Two weeks ago

"If White had played in the NBL instead of the G League, he might have been a lock."
Like Delly!?

Reply #940000 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last week

Curry, James, Embid and Durant named in Olympic squad, now the gold is gone.

Reply #940663 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last week

"Curry, James, Embid and Durant named in Olympic squad, now the gold is gone."

Wouldn't be so sure. There are always teething problems for American teams playing FIBA basketball and finding they dont get nearly as much space, and cant take nearly as many steps with the ball as they can in the NBA. Obviously the most talented team in the tournament but I wouldn't put it past one of the better Euro teams beating them. if nothing else theyll have a close game or two.

"If White had played in the NBL instead of the G League, he might have been a lock."

This is assuming White would be a dominant force in the NBL which I think he probably would be. I'd be leaning White over Kay as of right now. White reminds me of Nick Kay, add athleticism.

Reply #940679 | Report this post

Team nWo  
Last week

Come on people......the NBL guys don't stand much of a chance. If I was betting it would only be Goulding (possibly) and Magnay because he is a beast and does something our other bigs (Landale, Reath) don't do.

Team will be
Mills
Giddy
Landale
Reath
Green
Daniels
Thydalle
Ingles
Cooks
Green
Exum
+ 12th spot

Reply #940680 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last week

You say it'd only be one of those guys yet you have Cooks right there lol. I think it would depend on fit. And while I'd bet on all thsoe NBA guys making it, Goorjian may find that we have a lot of guys in the SG and SF positions that do essentially the same thing. I'd be voting McVeigh over Goulding at this point as well. Both can shoot, but McVeigh can provide more if needed.

Reply #940683 | Report this post

RobT  
Last week

Imo, must be Magnay (even if rest of team different) as big-man insurance.

A thought on including a specialist shooter. If he has a bad game or gets injured, then what? Do we not have enough fire power without a specialist?
Looking at the team above (TeamnWo) the weakest shooter/scorer is Thybulle and he ain't "bad" just not a specialist. All the rest can score at an adequate rate, share the shots, the drives, all of that.

As for the possible inclusions from the NBL, I would rate Delly way ahead of Chris G. Both outstanding shooters/scorers but Delly brings so much more. His defence is (still) world class, his on-court teamwork, direction and control are as good as his defence and along with Mills and Ingles the "culture" is heavily re-enforced.

If only 1 NBLer is picked, I stick with Magnay. just cos he's a big.

Reply #940684 | Report this post

Kev  
Last week

Delly was Tasmania's best player yet people still think he is in this. They lost the grand final series on the back of Delly chokes. Yep his effort is there, but throwing the ball to the opposing team with 8 seconds to go doesn’t bed well for the olympics.

Reply #940729 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last week

Shocking take, was clearly Melbourne's best player throughout not only the GF but semis as well, they wouldn't have won a game without him

Reply #940731 | Report this post

RobT  
Last week

Kev, can you name any Boomers who never made a mistake, even a clanger-of-a-mistake?

May not make the team but I hope that that isn't the reason, his up-side far outweighs his woopsies.

Reply #940734 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last week

"And while I'd bet on all thsoe NBA guys making it, Goorjian may find that we have a lot of guys in the SG and SF positions that do essentially the same thing. I'd be voting McVeigh over Goulding at this point as well. Both can shoot, but McVeigh can provide more if needed."

Yes, we don't need to be taking the "best" players available, we need to construct a "team". A decade ago I wouldn't have imagined I'd be saying this, but just throwing our NBA guys out there with their overlapping abilities is not the best path to success IMO.

Dyson Daniels IMO is a prime example. I think he's got a bright future, but with the group of wings we already have, bringing a Goulding or DJ or someone who is a specialist/scorer might be a better option to have up your sleeve.

Reply #940738 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last week

Delly made some mistakes but he also single handedly dragged United back into games and that shouldnt be forgotten. Someone has to lose the series in the end and that shouldnt exclude them from consideration.

Reply #940739 | Report this post

Cram  
Last week

Its hard to judge on the basis of entire games being junk time but White didnt look good at all at the end of the season with the Grizz. They only had 8 fit players and he looked unplayable even though they didnt care about winning.

I expect a few of those selected team USA will drop out before the tournament depending on who has a deep playoff run or picks up a post season injury.

I'll set the over under of the number of drop outs from that squad at 2.5

They're still by far the most talented, and unlike former stacked US teams, can all shoot relatively well to their position. It should be a cake walk, but if someone like say Serbia or France are all fit and engaged they could cause an upset.

Reply #940740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754