Isaac
Last month

2023-24 NBL GF Series Game 2

A chance for the JackJumpers to level the series. Your tips?

Topic #51906 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last month

By the amount of replies, GF is not creating a lot of excitement. While I think it will be a good game, most people have tuned off. Being a basketball person I'll be watching but they have to get the scheduling better, it’s all so drawn out.
JJs should be relaxed and at home should get this, united were at peak performance, last start, don’t think they’ll be that good again. In a close game JJs by three.

Reply #938957 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Last month

Might be different at home but G1 felt like JJs played their GF series already against Perth.
I'm predicting Melb win leading to a sweep.
Hope I'm wrong

Reply #938959 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

I'll be watching (in between the March Madness LOL).

I feel that Jumpers will win this, but United take the series 3-1

Reply #938960 | Report this post

Ben  
Last month

United to use all the rah rah defend the island jibber jabber to fuel them to a 7-10 point win.

Reply #938962 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last month

Like many, I hope Tassie win.
Gotta get Crawford out earlier if he continues to struggle..

Reply #938964 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last month

Well Crawford's cooking early haha

Reply #938965 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last month

Fucking embarrassing by Mcveigh

Reply #938970 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last month

Only thing more embarrassing by McVeigh there is the refs. How can the league watch how the game is officiated and think this is good for their product?

Reply #938971 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

McVeigh getting arse handed to him by Travers and thinks he's in world championship wrestling.
Certainly a competitive game, United so deep on the bench.

Reply #938972 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

Goulding asking refs to give a flop warning. GOLD!

Reply #938973 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

Why is that not a charge?

Reply #938975 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Travers on bench and JJs go on 9 nil run.

Reply #938977 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Horrible finish to the quarter by united, starting with Vickerman subbing. JJs not going away, Lee been fantastic. McVeigh being able to score with Travers on the bench.

Reply #938978 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

Uncharacteristic plays from ili took him out of the game and handed over the lead

Reply #938979 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

JJs win this they win the championship. Vickerman subs been ridiculous.

Reply #938980 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last month

I can see melbourne sneaking this so long as they spread the court and don't play hero ball with Goulding

Reply #938981 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Fun game. Shea always seems to find a way to take someone's legs out, too.

Reply #938982 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Why does Vickerman keep going to jla, he's been horrible all series, he’s-8 to Hukporti + 8

Reply #938983 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Ugh. Terrible unsportsmanlike call.

Reply #938984 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Terrible jump ball call, refs wanting another pay packet.

Reply #938985 | Report this post

Anon  
Last month

Haha. It's just so obvious when we are making sure the series is extended. Awful usf, and awful jump ball. If one was a usf why wasn't it a usf for fouling steiendl??? Like seriously nbl refs

Reply #938986 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last month

Yeah the jumpball call was much too quick. I thought Delly comfortably had possession. Bad finish to a good game.

Reply #938987 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

Why were Tassie even playing defense?

Reply #938988 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

Daylight closing in.

Reply #938990 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last month

Melbourne no one to blame but themselves for blowing their sizeable lead.
Bad final minute for Delly.

Reply #938992 | Report this post

LJ  
Last month

Huge calls went in JJs favour at the end. Will this end the rubbish about Melbourne being looked after? McVeigh is a joke.

Reply #938993 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last month

Where there is money involved, there will always be evil around it.
ALWAYS.

Reply #938994 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Best team won, Roth gave Vickerman a lesson after half time. The over playing of JLA -8 to Hukporti +5 was stupidity, certainly when JLA could not play D because of foul trouble and was missing layups. Travers should also play 35 minutes ,not 25, the game turned when he was on the bench.
JJs very solid, Doyle so steady and big plays when needed, MacDonald was fantastic. Lee was also great and McVeigh found away to score.
Refs got a little wrong but overall very good.

Reply #938995 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Last month

What happened to the commentators at the end? Jack testily said "We're trying to broadcast a game, mate".

Reply #938997 | Report this post

KET  
Last month

Geez that reffing at the end was not good!

Reply #938998 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last month

By the amount of replies, GF is not creating a lot of excitement. While I think it will be a good game, most people have tuned off.

FIBA international break stops all momentum, it just feels weird afterwards.

NBL should look at continuing to play, like Euroleague does, since the Boomers aren't exactly facing quality opposition.

Reply #938999 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Problem is most decent European leagues have 16-18 teams and they play home and away plus their internal cup weekends, so the fiba break is just around half way, teams regroup and make changes if required. At end home and away they play finals, either best three or five, it's a 10 month Seaford final teams.
I think the NBL should start earlier and just play GF after fiba break. It would allow all players available for boomers except GF team. Play the games evenly space, like Wednesday, Sunday till over.

Reply #939006 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last month

They did that last year and everyone complained about it killing interest in the grand final.

Reply #939008 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Good game JJs

Just a grind-it-out, tough victory. Could've gone either way, but JJs executed slightly better down the stretch.

It feels like United's been clearly better over the entirety of 2 games. But it's 1-1. A wins a win. It's now starting a best of 3.

I didn't think that was a foul on Ili but looks like I'm in the minority based on the comments above. Just a box out then Magnay jumped and landed awkwardly. Not a lot in it. He was dominating the game at that point too. And the Delly jump ball too quick.

But United missed too many gettable looks down the stretch. Gotta make those.

Reply #939012 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

Just watched replay again, there was slight contact by Ili, its hard to tell whether or not he caused Magnay to land awkwardly like he did.

I give Ili 3 votes for this game

JLA needs to stand up

Vickerman needs to tell him- stop getting caught up in the refs and the aggro. Play your natural game and you're the most potent weapon in this series.

Reply #939014 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last month

LT
MD
SI

Reply #939015 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

JLA has had a poor season, he's not as good as he thinks he is and Vickerman kept playing him ahead of Hukporti.
United should have left with the win, now the pressure is on them. JLA is the key, I tipped JJs before GF started because I think they are better in the fives, Sunday should tell us.

Reply #939019 | Report this post

Baller  
Last month

As elite as Goulding is at shooting when they stop dropping during games he becomes an absolute liability on the defensive end

Reply #939020 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Last month

Difference in the game was that Roth was prepared to bench Crawford
Vickerman was not prepared to bench JLA.

Reply #939021 | Report this post

LV  
Last month

The only player in the NBL who can stop JLA is JLA.

He did a good job of it last night though.

Reply #939025 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last month

Vickerman should have benched him then, also the under use of Travers was massive, united led by 15 and by th time Travers got on it was four and the game slipped out united hands.

Reply #939034 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Last month

JLA a bit of a flat track bully.

Reply #939036 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last month

I know I'm a United fan and don’t get why Dean didn’t bench JLA since he had 4 fouls early. When Jo gets in foul trouble he plays passive, all his shots rimmed off the rim. Ariel doesn’t have the scoring ability like JLA but he grabs those’s tough rebounds.

Reply #939037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754