ifeelsore
Years ago

Church Basketball - best social comp?

Having played both for a club and social for many years I believe that Church basketball is by far the most organised social comp. Reasonable standard for social and although umpiring is not always the best (where is is it fantastic all the time anyway??) at least they are conscious of the need for training and support of their umpires

Topic #5319 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think Eastern Hills Basketball comp is well organised.

I beleive DC plays in a senior grade up there...

Reply #60569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Church of Christ is good during winter. Umpires are very poor though. Only $5 a game to play.

Reply #60594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also agree Church of Christ is good over the winter. $5 to play is a bargain. Umpiring is not as good as district, but for the price can't complain too much (only a little :P).

Summer season the umpiring standard seems to be worse and you pay more to play. Go figure.

The standard of basketball overall for church isn't as good as district, but for a social environment it's not too bad.

Reply #60598 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Mon 13 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754