Paul Arnott
Years ago

Junior team nominations

6 months ago, there was a fair bit of comment on this forum's predecessor about the delay in BASA getting programs out for each junior season. When queried about this, BASA state that it is the clubs' fault for not getting team nominations in on time. From what I understand, most (if not all) clubs (mine included) changed their nominations after the due date last season.

Without apologising for this delay, can I suggest that each club makes an effort to get their nominations in on time (ie by this Friday), and be certain that you have enough players for every team nominated. This could go a long way towards ensuring that programs are distributed in a timely manner.

Topic #575 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

here, here.

I feel it is often the players in the less competitive divisions that cause this. ie lack of div 5 coaches - player stocks etc.

Clubs do their best - but it appears we are not that well off enough here to say no - BASA must like eating CCs - they can't say no!

I think we should look at dropping 1 team per Div 1 in a season or two - it has had minimal effect and blown some div 2 grades out.

Reply #5409 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

So what are clubs nominating? How many boys and how many girls teams?

Reply #5448 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754