Martin Cattalini (Cairns Taipans)
Darnell Mee (Cairns Taipans)
Dusty Rychart (Adelaide 36ers)
Glen Saville (Wollongong Hawks)
Chris Burgess (Cairns Taipans)

Topic #6506 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

The list of past MVPs on the nbl.com.au story about Anstey makes for interesting reading: without looking, who could name the previous three winners (prior to Anstey, that is)?

Reply #73246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Past three winners

Jason Smith
CJ Bruton
Wollongong Hawk Import - sorry cant remember his name

That is my guess

Reply #73249 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Matt Nielson won about 3 years ago, cant remember last years.

Reply #73255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know too much about how the MVP and All-NBL Teams voting is done, but am wondering how Shawn Redhage could have been second in MVP voting, but NOT make the first team??
Can anyone let me know how? Thanks.

Reply #73258 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Different people voting I belive.

Reply #73264 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Off the top of my head - Brian Wethers won last year, Matt Nielsen the year before and Chris Williams before that. I couldn't go back further than that though. Rogers won one sometime around then.

Reply #73266 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

"I don't know too much about how the MVP and All-NBL Teams voting is done, but am wondering how Shawn Redhage could have been second in MVP voting, but NOT make the first team??
Can anyone let me know how? Thanks"

Completely different voting system. MVP is similar to the Brownlow medal in that it's voted on a game by game basis.

All Star teams are voted on once at the completion of the season. As someone said the captains also vote on the All Star teams.

MVP votes are largely in competition with your own teamates, All Star votes are competition with the whole league.

Both systems usually produce fairly similar results.

Reply #73272 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

MVP v All-Star teams?

Joe Hurst won MVP while playing for Hobart around 1989, yet didn't make the All-Star side at the end of the year. He dominated a poor team and whilst stiff to not be named in the first five, wasn't one of the best five players in the league.

I'm wondering about the naming of five players in the teams - are they by position 'cause they sure don't look like it? If not, they should be.

Reply #73324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doctor E -

Thanks for the reply about how the voting works!! I learn something new everyday, I guess! haha

Reply #73351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754