hurley
Years ago

Boomers-Commonwealth games

as far as iam concerned gorjian can quit talkin shit about NZ!!!! either we go thru the whole tournament undefeated and get gold or he should be ditched... period, even with our second team (which these boomers are without bogut, anstey, neilson etc) we should woop NZ, so what if theyve got NBL players... none of em are really standouts, so what if they all played together? they all played for the breakers! lol. The breakers wouldnt have got a win without pepper and green and all the other imports, he'd better stop with the excuses and fetch us the gold or he should be removed from coaching duties. I think weve got a pretty talented team but how many of them will make the world champs???? maybe half? as far as iam concerned worthuington shouldnt be on the team, he'd get owned by heavyweights in world champs... i dont see why they didnt give pepper a shot, because we arent that tall, we only got 1 7 footer.

Topic #6553 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

how come then that NZ qualified for the world champs in 2002 and the boomers didn't how come NZ did not disgrace themselves at said championships.

Although I think the boomers will win it will not be such a walkover against NZ as you think it might be.

Reply #73693 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

NZ can play.They have managed to put together a bloody strong squad.

I think Goorj is a tool, but he is right on this occasion, they could give us a good run for our money

Reply #73734 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

alright, yes they are good, but they would be like a flea to us if we had all our best talent, now we just have the best in the NBL under the age of 30...and the best seem to be older, we should cain NZ, yes theyre decent but theres no way there as good as us and only bad coaching could see us lose.

Reply #73756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 am, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754