Stephon
Years ago

Funny Nash re-signs with Sixers for two years

Reported in today's Sunday Mail.

Mark Nash has re-signed with the 36ers for two years.

This gives the 36ERS five signed players: Brett Maher, Willie Farley, David Cooper, Brad Hill and Mark Nash.

Topic #6731 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah we know-

Go to the mark nash topic.

5 players- they still don't have a bench yet

Reply #75465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this mean he will join the Bearcats for the remainder of the ABL season?

Reply #75466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so we can sign mark nash to a 2 year deal but no one else! what the f#@k is up with that.

Reply #75467 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I guess the rumour we could only offer 1 year deals was not legit.

5 positions to go.

If rumours previously on this board are legit look for final 5 positions to go something like this:

Import
Pero or Rice
Wheeler
Guard (Copeland's name keeps coming up)
10th spot to someone from ABA like Dodman.

IF the above eventuates and that is a big if as the above rumours will mean that changes can be summarised as Pero/Rice + Copeland for Holmes and Wheeler for Forman.

Reply #75469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hambour is having a good year in aba surely you would re sign him

Reply #75470 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Yeah, who knows.

Hambour could get the nod for 10th man spot but the truth is Smyth won't give minutes to whoever gets picked up in this position.

Reply #75475 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

I wish the 36ers would stick to one year deals. I doubt BASA will continue with the sixers past this following season if even that. The new owners would surely like to have some say what will happen when their reign.

Reply #75480 | Report this post

Trevor  
Years ago

by the looks of it, they do...

Reply #75485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hambor sucks in NBL

Reply #75497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how can hambour suck in the NBL if he doesn't get court time.

hard to tell when he is anchored to the bench

Reply #75511 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

and the minutes he has recieved i think hes been very servicable

Reply #75520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good to see a 2 year deal to a guy with a suspect back, scared to shoot when open,a shadow of the player from our last championship!!

Reply #75522 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Phil Smyth has a tendency to stick with known quantities - e.g., Jason Williams, Paul Rees, Mark Nash.

Reply #75528 | Report this post

greeny  
Years ago

this a sign of how bad they will be.

Reply #75529 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Nash secound half of the season was awesome, and showed hes still got it at the elite level as role player

Reply #75553 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

very true isaac, smyth knew that williams was overated and had only 5 or so descent games, our starting centre couldnt rebound and that nash couldnt get a roster spot for any other team due to his back so the 6ers can pay him in panadein forte.

Reply #75570 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Nash "awseome" ?!... sorry I disagree. His second half of the season was indeed better than the first.. but I just can't bring myself to ever describe nash as awesome. I'd much rather see him go than soem of the talent we have (somehow) managed to lose.

Wish the Sixers would announce a full team. The fickle part of my brain is trying to decide if it should pay for my season ticket again this year or not after being so disgusted with the shedding with no current valuable slot fillers.

ShaneD

Reply #75590 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

Nash signs for two years! Oh boy, now there's a great incentive for season ticket holders to storm the box office with renewls. I just got thru picking myself up off the floor from his last contract extension. Its going to be another long season.

Reply #75608 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Amazing isn't it, that with no financial security that Adelaide was able to offer a longer deal to a guy that no-one cares we sign, the week after letting two players we did need go. We were probably only able to sign Nash as no other club has any interest in him.

Reply #75620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nash is like Cheri Smith from the Lightning, doesn't actually realise how good they are and can be! Absolutely no ego whatsoever, don't realise they have the ability and talent to be a very effective player at a national level.

Both wonderful people, just frustrating they don't know their own abilities.

Reply #75624 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

No question that Nash can play...when healthy.

There were games early in the season, in particular the game we beat the Kings at home when the 36ers looked best when Nash was on the court as opposed to Jacob or Oscar.

However, then he got injured again and missed 5 games.

Hopefully for the 36ers and Nash personally, he stays healthy and has a great year next year.

He certainly has put in a lot of work to give himself another chance from what could have been a career ending back injury.

Reply #75643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 pm, Thu 2 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754