SkyHigh
Years ago

Who wants Pero

Who wants Pero Vacilevecic on the Sixers team i think he would fit in great. Chris Anstey thinks Pero is good enough for the NBA and thinks that Pero would be the best Centre in the NBL.

Topic #7071 | Report this topic

Sixers33  
Years ago

Chris Anstey must be crazy.

But Pero is a good player and would be great to see him and a good import play for the Sixers. Is it possible to have Majstrovic and Pero plus a good import?

Reply #79330 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

nup, considering there are gonna spend max or close to on import and pero would want close to max as well which would price him out

Reply #79342 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Pero would be good but we don't really want a centre who chucks up 2 or more 3's a game! However yes his boards would help.

Reply #79353 | Report this post

Apollo or Bust  
Years ago

Pero needs to complete his first reader, graduate the sandpit and recess before he can go to the next level.

Reply #79390 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So are you saying you wouldn't want Chris Anstey 52-Cans???

Reply #79391 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Panther - I think it's acceptable to have a 5 man who shoots an OK percentage from 3 land (EG - Anstey, who shoots 35%) but not one who chucks them up willie nillie (EG - Pero, who made 7 of 45 attempts last season, 16%). It's like coach Manning giving you the green-light to jack up triples. Not pretty! :)

Whilst I think Pero talent-wise would be a handy pickup, I don't see him fitting in with the current crop of players, nor with the coaching staff or system.

Reply #79396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If pero's mind was up to his dunking and enthusiasm and rebounding stronger, he would be great, but i feel they are still a bookshelf or three short of a library here!

Reply #79400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one wants Pero, thats why he is rarely at a team for more than one season...

He has potential, but unfortunatly lacks the brains to make the most of his potential!

The sixers aren't that desperate are they?

Reply #79420 | Report this post

baron brown  
Years ago

peros team mates love him. He brings great energy and action to any team on and off the court.

hoop, he got 49% from the field and averaged 10 rebounds. Thats a double double. Pretty handy around the basket for any nbl program.

if any program takes a risk and sign him to a 2 or 3 yr deal you would think he could just be the thing to help them.

Reply #79427 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

BB - sure, but the issue of him shooting 3's is different altogether. 52-Cans made the point that Pero shoots too many 3's, which I think he does. If he was semi-successful at it (like Anstey) then it may be tolerable.

I think he's talented enough to be a starter in the NBL, but he has & always will make bonehead mistakes (like shooting 3's when he should be working inside), and I don't see him fitting into the 6ers program, expecially after the Wheeler signing. To add to that, I think Daws and/or Smyth have previously ruled him out as a candidate for a 36ers gig.

The only way we'd be getting Pero would be at the expense of an import, which wouldn't seem a wise move.

Reply #79440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754