hurley
Years ago

Cats sign Ben Hunt

Apparently this aussie point guard Ben Hunt guy has been a star at a texas college and earned a try out with Dallas Mavericks.... why havent we herd of him? i dont know how effective Gorj's boomers scouting is but it seems like Scott Fisher picked up a n9ice player to add to the 07 roster in his US trip.

has anyone else herd of this guy.

Heres a link

http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=local&story_id=477375&category=General%20Sport&m=5&y=2006

Topic #7194 | Report this topic

Stingray  
Years ago

When you go to the naia and your 25 years old as a freshman & have started in the seabl for about 6 years, playing against 17,18 year olds in texas div.2 should be a cake walk.
He is good but very very far off Boomers consideration and the nba.
can shoot the stuffing out of it though.

where will he play on perths roster? if you nba bound, you wont want to play behind bailey would you? if your nba bound, why not look into europe? the nba love europe..

Reply #80780 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

He's far from NBA bound trust me. He's not a really big bloke so he'll struggle to even fit into the NBL. Stingray summed it up pretty well. Has been playing over in Bendigo and even one season in Ballarat I think. Can shoot but has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Probably same calibre type player as Braith Cox.

Reply #80889 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

I know Ben, played juniors against him. He's a pretty tough guy who grew up and played juniors in Bendigo and VIC Country, he then went to a US College and stated when he got back "it was like a military camp". He is a Great shooter and feirce defender but he isn't a big guy. In fact I think he's about 6'2 and at the 2 spot that's probably the reason he doesn't play NBL. Ben will never be in contention for the Bommers squad.

Reply #80967 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

I know Ben, played juniors against him. He's a pretty tough guy who grew up and played juniors in Bendigo and VIC Country, he then went to a US College and stated when he got back "it was like a military camp". He is a Great shooter and feirce defender but he isn't a big guy. In fact I think he's about 6'2 and at the 2 spot that's probably the reason he doesn't play NBL. Ben will never be in contention for the Bommers squad.

Reply #80968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played his best basketball 5 years ago, not up to NBL and a big no to NBA or Boomers. He first started training and playing ABA in 96, not sure of age maybe 17 so could be 27/28 years old now.

Reply #81081 | Report this post

texasbelle  
Years ago

Ben Hunt is a great guy, team player, hard worker. Our school was small so everyone knew everyone at Texas Wesleyan... and everyone knew Ben Hunt. He's the player you would want in your corner because he takes clear, consistant, and memorable shots. He scored the winning shot for us to win our national conference game.

Reply #132530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754