state champs, u18 girls div 1

somebody told me that in the U18 div 1 comp this weekend, that centrals who dont even have a div 1 side and only have a div 2 side will be playing in the u18's state champs competition. is this true? and why is this? im just wondering..

Topic #7222 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no reason what not

massichists - (? spelling)

Reply #81066 | Report this post

Brian Griffin  
Years ago

Yes, it is true - I have seen the draw.

Don't know why.

Reply #81068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

prolly cause they entered a team....duhhhh

Reply #81078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt it because u cant enter a reserve team unless u have a state team?

Reply #81089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, not the case at all. Good on them for having a go.

Reply #81103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If thats the case as per Anon #81103, I think that it sucks.

Centrals are not a powerful side in the Div 2 comp, with most of their games (except for against Norwood which is a predominantly Div 3 side) coming within less of 15 pts and all but one at Starplex:

Rd 1 7:15 PM Starplex Fri 10/Mar 34 Central vs West Red 38

Rd 2 Bye

Rd 3 7:30 PM Starplex Fri 24/Mar 41 Central vs Sturt 35

Rd 4 7:15 PM M/Vale Fri 31/Mar 47 Central vs Southern Tigers 40

Rd 5 8:30 PM Starplex Fri 7/Apr 45 Central vs South 33

Rd 6 6:15 PM Starplex Fri 28/Apr 58 Central vs Norwood Flames 11

How will they cope playinmg against a team like West, North, Norwood and Forestville, who have beaten teams by in the ranges or 30+ points?

I am nowhere near affiliated with Centrals, but I do not think it is fair to stick a team into the State Champs Div 1 competition with these results and not even sitting on the top spot of the ladder.

Reply #81146 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Yes thats so unfair of BSA to make this team play div 1.

DId u ever think that maybe this team WANTS to play in div 1 at state champs? a few of the girls are already in the womens ABA side and im sure they will be capable of competing with some of the div 1 sides, this will be good for them to see how they go.

Reply #81149 | Report this post

special  
Years ago

VC fan,
BSA did not make them play division 1. Clubs nominate their own teams so I must assume thats were the club wanted them to play so dont bag BSA

Reply #81408 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

special,
next time read more than the first line of what i write.

Also get your nose checked because that first line stunk of sarcasm.

Reply #81450 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

haha nice VC fan. last i saw centrals lost to southern by 2 or 3 so they are more than capible of holding there own in the comp.

Reply #81517 | Report this post

GO LIONS  
Years ago

Thanks for all the positive comments made about the girls. I can not believe why anyone would want to bag a team for trying. WHY WOULD YOU? They all play basketball because they love the sport. Playing up in a division higher shows how tough the girls and are not scared to give it a go. The girls held their own ground considering they had many injuries throughout the team, yet they soldiered on with only 6 players, leading one game all the way until the last 2 minutes and only losing this game by a three points. I am proud to be a part of Centrals and I congratulate them all on a great weekend. WELL DONE :)

Reply #81574 | Report this post

kelly  
Years ago

GO LIONS, Thankyou for your support. I think the Centrals girls had an awesome weekend and that game against the Tigers was great, ending with a 3pt loss which considerering they are a Div 1 side should have probably been a caining. I think if anybody feels the need to write bad things about other teams, atleast have the guts to write who you are. To me I think it looks as though some of the Div 1 players felt a little threatened by us, and were surprised to see that we did not give up at any stage all weekend. Anyway if you do think we do not deserve a spot in the Div 1 comp you are probably right, however, as was shown on the weekend we ARE a competitve team, we are good sports and I'm sure we had the most team spirit and fun this weekend. GO CENTRALS

Reply #81598 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754