Colin Thompson's ABA reviews and previews

When accessing www.central.basketball.net.au I noticed Col Thompson's reviews and previews bit has not been updated since April.

The guys at BASA do a wonderful job and most of them are contributing purely for the love of the sport, but wouldn't it be reasonable to expect this section to be updated more regularly. The same thing happened last season, about halfway through the match previews and reviews just ended.

I don't want to can them too much, but if you're running a website (and Isaac would attest to this), one of the basic fundamentals is that if you don't update it regularly, it loses all cred. Either they should get Col or someone else to at least put something in the section, even a once a week update with the reviews and previews in the same section, or dispense with it altogether.

Topic #7556 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The silly thing is that those reviews are still being written for Hang Time, so the hard part (producing the content) has already been done. Often they're sent to me by email but I'm reluctant to post them online in case clubs are trying to sell Hang Time.

Reply #84880 | Report this post

Correct weight, Isaac.

Have you ever raised this with Col or BASA? Do you know if he frequents this forum? Or, is it a case of the association no longer wanting to put them online for free, unrestricted access and instead only those purchasing the Hang Time publication (for what 2 bucks a pop, a huge profit there) can follow the club reviews, previews etc.

Very strange indeed.

Reply #84884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much does the clubs charge for Hang Time?, I've been to a few games where it costs 50c and some where it is free.

Reply #84886 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have raised a few of these issues with BSA and received what I would consider a positive response. I believe that the sticking point for now is any sale or restructuring process. I'm sure that once that is taken care of, they'd take a look at how the ABA is presented online, etc.

Reply #84887 | Report this post

Sir Lance a lot  
Years ago

if you noticed it on Centrals website, then I would have thought that they would be responible for the updating...unless it is a link of course...perhaps I'll look first, but too late this time

Reply #85172 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 am, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754